Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit...

So far I've seen some poo poo man. I'm on season 12. Stabler is still there. He's beat up a couple of guys and I don't understand why Cragen keeps him on the force. Robin Williams was the best perp imo and the series after that has been a weird fever dream. Detective Lake was the best detective. I do not understand how I'm barely halfway through the series. Where does it even go from here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
They had that playing when I worked nights at a hospital. I'd leave for 5 minutes to answer a call light and by the time I came back, there had been so many twists that the plot was unrecognizable.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Fond memories:
- Stabler goes to prague and beats the poo poo out of a paedophile
- Casey Novak first as a perp, then as the ADA
- The time the whole team (including daddy Cragan) go round to the paedophile's hovel and beat him because he had a picture of Stabler's daughter

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Detective Munch

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
Go home gamer girl!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's just copaganda

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Les Os posted:

Where does it even go from here

the same place we all went: extremely online

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

-Stable goes undercover in a sex offenders treatment group to convince T1000 to re-offend so he can put him back in prison. Super great ethics, Stabler! :thumbsup:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Bang is one hell of an episode. If you haven't gotten to it yet, you're in for a treat of WTF?!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
SVU is absolute purestrain copaganda nonsense but is almost comedically so? Like it’s incredibly formulaic with gentle twists but it’s also kind of campy.

ACAB but let me have my old lady nap show

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lets see your notebook of notes OP.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Fond memories:
- Stabler goes to prague and beats the poo poo out of a paedophile
- Casey Novak first as a perp, then as the ADA
- The time the whole team (including daddy Cragan) go round to the paedophile's hovel and beat him because he had a picture of Stabler's daughter

I forgot the best, fondest memory of SVU!

We'd also invented words to the theme music.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*in a TV executive bunker* man I'm enjoying all these shows about catching criminals and detectivery, but I just wish there was more rape you know?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Can you just watch The Office like a normal person

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Strategic Tea posted:

*in a TV executive bunker* man I'm enjoying all these shows about catching criminals and detectivery, but I just wish there was more rape you know?

i've never seen it but i assume the idea is, since these criminals are the most reviled of all kinds, it allows the audience to feel even better when the police beat the absolute poo poo out of them, which is the actual point. no ethics to ponder, pure justice.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPxZ4LVEWs

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Can you just watch The Office like a normal person

Michael never discovered it was possible to fake DNA trying to clear his name after being implicated in the murder and genital mutilation of a motorcycle gangmember who raped the real murderer in prison

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

wanna bang that blonde da

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Angela from Who's the Boss?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
https://i.imgur.com/a5KqlRu.gifv

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

https://i.imgur.com/pg5NIWS.gifv

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I once made a radio play about a Special Christmas Unit. The punchline was that Frosty the Snowman exposed his carrot in front of a minor.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Tell us when you get to the monkey in the basketball :haw:

edit: I am illiterate

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 21, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I forgot the best, fondest memory of SVU!

We'd also invented words to the theme music.

https://i.imgur.com/QDKkUl6.gifv

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
television is poison to the mind and spirit

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This show is loosely a reason I became an artist. I was working on my AS with the idea of transitioning into a specialized forensics field, forensic neurology if I could help it. I got... a weird amount of poo poo for this considering my grades. Just a lot of lovely, snipey comments and discouragement from my professors.

One of the nth "You know it's not like Law & Order/CSI, right?" broke the camel's back and I was just, fine, gently caress this, gently caress you, I'll figure something else out. Only other thing I was good at was art, so I ended up doing that.

I didn't even see this drat show until a few years later at the aforementioned hospital job. I have no non-sexist idea what I did to receive such derision.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Tell us when you get to the monkey in the baseball :haw:

please, that would be absurd. it was a monkey in a basketball

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Nae posted:

please, that would be absurd. it was a monkey in a basketball

Oh dear god what a typo :doh:

edit: That would have been pretty epic though

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i liked the chick from stir of echoes when i was younger. choker + bob. yum. pro pig poo poo deflates everything tho

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I've seen all of them. Depending on who is writing the episode it can be transcendentally campy or "ends justify the means" copaganda. Sometimes they need an opposing viewpoint so they suddenly remember Ice-T is supposed to be a Black Republican. One cold open features Benson's preteen son in a dog cage and the big reveal at the end is he tells her he's bi. Stabler spent most of his screentime either being big mad and grabbing and punching people and things or bonding with kids other than his own. I started watching them during an extended bout of illness and finished almost all of them and watched the rest out of curiosity.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Benson yells at a computer man to turn the sun on, so they can find a virtual cabin, because the mastermind put it in the exact same position that the real murder cabin would be in a particular forest.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Benson steals a woman's panties in her own home and the panties become so important the feds make the victim's complaint disappear.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8vzIRQLLM

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

I can't stand that show anymore because of how stupid and over the top it is but Stephanie March and Diane Neal are both still DAs to my heart to this day

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Yeah, I told myself I was going to stop watching if Rollins and Carisi got together but alas

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Benson yells at a computer man to turn the sun on, so they can find a virtual cabin, because the mastermind put it in the exact same position that the real murder cabin would be in a particular forest.

That was such a tense moment because it was the middle of the night, they'd never done it before! What on earth would people think if they turned on the video game SUN in the middle of the NIGHT? Hard hitting drama at its best.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I travel a lot for work. I spend 3 weeks of every month in hotels. Every hotel has cable, so SVU is basically the only constant in my life. I wonder if, by now, I've seen every episode.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

"Especially Heinous", a weird fiction novella by Carmen Maria Machado, told in the form of 272 capsule synopses of episodes of SVU.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Someone really needs to collect all of the old episodes of the original L&O and put them on a streaming service. I bet people would watch the poo poo out of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lauren Order