Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
*ice tea voice* this is what the kids on the street call a "gibbis gangbang thread", kinda like the circle jerks the kids in the suburbs do when posting about scrubs or the Big Bang theory only much darker because of all the gratuitous sex crimes

:synpa: :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Stabler punches a fleeing bogan. In the end it's revealed the bogan was the real victim.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
When you're finished, you should watch all the episodes of Supernatural next

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
fyi for real: Christopher Meloni is wild as hell and I love it

His Commissioner Gordon is fantastic on Harley Quinn.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the writing is on the floor

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

teen witch posted:

fyi for real: Christopher Meloni is wild as hell and I love it

His Commissioner Gordon is fantastic on Harley Quinn.

especially in the earliest episodes he gives the Stabler character a barely buttoned up manic quality. this dude loves catching sex criminals more than hanging with his own family. in the scenes taking place at his house he comes across completely out of his element no matter what they’re doing

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The ending scene where he does rapid fire body blows on his locker until his hands look like hamburger

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Don Cragen's whole persona is " Don't make me turn this car around" every time the crew ground pounds the law. He's transparently the Good Dad neither character had.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I like the episode where Cragen gets busted for hiring hookers

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Is Ice-T playing the latest civ v expansion yet?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The absolute worst thing in the entire franchise is when Stabler is shown having sex with his wife in one of the first episodes. Totally did not need to see that. Thankfully they came to their senses.

Edit: "You can't pick the vic"

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

MakaVillian posted:

Someone really needs to collect all of the old episodes of the original L&O and put them on a streaming service. I bet people would watch the poo poo out of those.

I'm almost done watching every episode of Law & Order: SVU and I'm growing increasingly peeved that there's no affordable way to watch L&O.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Found Dun Dun, LLC, slowly collect rights to L&O episodes and then become top dog

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Law & Order and Law & Order : Criminal Intent are far superior to SVU.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
This show is so unbelievably campy, legit cannot stop giggling at how dumb every episode gets

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

Lolie posted:

Law & Order : Criminal Intent are far superior to SVU.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Thorgot posted:

I'm almost done watching every episode of Law & Order: SVU and I'm growing increasingly peeved that there's no affordable way to watch L&O.

"They" want everyone to be forced to watch the incredibly blandly written reboot and not be humiliated that people would rather watch the old one

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

"They" want everyone to be forced to watch the incredibly blandly written reboot and not be humiliated that people would rather watch the old one

No Lenny no thanks

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Les Os posted:

Sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit...

So far I've seen some poo poo man. I'm on season 12. Stabler is still there. He's beat up a couple of guys and I don't understand why Cragen keeps him on the force. Robin Williams was the best perp imo and the series after that has been a weird fever dream. Detective Lake was the best detective. I do not understand how I'm barely halfway through the series. Where does it even go from here

how often do they break the 4th amendment?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how often do they break the 4th amendment?

Every goddamn episode

And yet, the cartoonishly inept detective from Internal Affairs can NEVER pin any charges on people

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

Every goddamn episode

so, less than regular law and order

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is really funny that they brought Meloni back when they so casually just wrote him off the show when they originally fired him (because he wanted more money.)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

It is really funny that they brought Meloni back when they so casually just wrote him off the show when they originally fired him (because he wanted more money.)

How'd they get rid of him again? Some poo poo about joining a federal task force or something?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

How'd they get rid of him again? Some poo poo about joining a federal task force or something?

Life imprisonment in OZwald Prison

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Life imprisonment in OZwald Prison

*opening grunt from theme song*

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC they had him quit the force off screen and between seasons so he didn't even get a proper goodbye.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC they had him quit the force off screen and between seasons so he didn't even get a proper goodbye.

Yeah it was something shady like that and in the first episode without him they just said "oh yeah he's working with the feds now" lol

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MakaVillian posted:

Someone really needs to collect all of the old episodes of the original L&O and put them on a streaming service. I bet people would watch the poo poo out of those.

They were all on netflix before it had competition and it was truly a golden era

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I have killer rips of the entire original series thanks to :filez:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

I have killer rips of the entire original series thanks to :filez:

reported

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ahhh I gambled and lost

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

haljordan posted:

Ahhh I gambled and lost

You cannot lose friend, for you have every episode of L&O

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

You cannot lose friend, for you have every episode of L&O

Put that poo poo on my tombstone

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I feel like hearing the L&O theme is something that’ll wake me out of a coma someday. God, gently caress, what a theme.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

haljordan posted:

*opening grunt from theme song*

:lol:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I really love the episodes with Stephen Hill and Robert Vaughn, goddamn could those two play off each other

Also pretty much every single cast member from "The Sopranos", big and small, was on an episode at one point or another

haljordan fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 24, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Munch?wprov=sfti1 posted:

Munch has become the only fictional character, played by a single actor, to physically appear on 10 different television series. These shows were on five different networks: NBC (Homicide: Life on the Street, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, and 30 Rock), Fox (The X-Files and Arrested Development), UPN (The Beat), HBO (The Wire) and ABC (Jimmy Kimmel Live!). Munch has been one of the few television characters to cross genres, appearing not only in crime drama series, but sitcom (Arrested Development), adult animated sitcom (American Dad), late night comedy (Jimmy Kimmel Live!) and horror and science fiction (The X-Files).

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

lol there was one SVU episode where Munch got a look at a file the FBI was keeping on him and he was all pissed off because it described him as totally harmless

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

"Hey, where are we with these Bang Brothers?" - Benson, S18E11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

"Hey, where are we with these Bang Brothers?" - Benson, S18E11