Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i like the spanish da who acted like james spader on speed

or the drunk da

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Drunk DA had wonderful chemistry with Stabler :allears:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Law and Order SVU is the best garbage cop show, L&O OG is great too. I also like Criminal Minds because it ends up being a game of "How hosed up did the writers decide to bet his week"

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Vincent D'onofrio was apparently so good at L&O'ing that viewers turned their noses up at Jeff Goldblum until they brought Goren back.

I think he shines when he's playing characters with mental/behavioral illnesses

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

"Hey, where are we with these Bang Brothers?" - Benson, S18E11

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Vincent Donofrio is a real one.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I wish they'd make these into real episodes

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
My 75 year old mother watches this poo poo all the time. Its her Star Wars/MCU/LOTR or whatever. She can see 2 milliseconds of an episode and tell you alllllll about it. This and British crime dramas.

She never got on facebook and doesn't understand how the internet works so I guess this is a good trade off for not having social media. She hates watching the news but still has cable because she can always find a CSI rerun or something. She also watches every single one of those "we are going to buy a house" type shows on Discovery+

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

The #1 GOAT SVU scene is when they stop some exotic animal importers and a monkey pops out of a basketball and hugs Cragen

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

The #2 GOAT SVU scene is when Benson accidentally takes a huge wiff of mushrooms and its revealed that no one on the writing staff has ever done mushrooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTC1yx6hsNQ

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Law and order ATV 12PP

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The episode where they take over a store's overhead paging system looking for a hacker named "Master Baiter".

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

"Now I know why they call them special victims." - Stabler after a child kicks his balls, S11E5

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Trillhouse posted:

The #2 GOAT SVU scene is when Benson accidentally takes a huge wiff of mushrooms and its revealed that no one on the writing staff has ever done mushrooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTC1yx6hsNQ

Not the worst thing Jontron has ever done.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

bagmonkey posted:

I wish they'd make these into real episodes

Toilet brittle is a pro name

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
I like the part when they revealed all the crimes were actually just the same guy this whole time

The Hello Machine fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 6, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Trillhouse posted:

The #1 GOAT SVU scene is when they stop some exotic animal importers and a monkey pops out of a basketball and hugs Cragen

That episode also had a part where Big Boi was playing a rapper who was forced to inform on the animal smugglers by the SVU cops including vouching for Stabler when he went undercover to infiltrate the gang. Then the animal smugglers murder Big Boi by feeding him to a wild animal and the cops just make pithy comments about it. Also Benson is totally cool with letting a guy who is hanging off a building die until he reveals he is also an undercover cop, then she saves him.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Trillhouse posted:

Wait isn’t SVU the rape one? Why does animal smuggling episode appear in rape sh-

Ooooohhhhhh

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Because it’s rude to call them Presidential Victims.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
have you seen the episode where ice chases some dude to a roof and then the guy jumps in an active trash compactor and the operator is listening to music and doesn't hear the guy screaming for help and he's crushed to death??

that poo poo was WILD, and i grew up on this show

e: ice is all like "dam" and then moves on

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

teen phone cutie posted:

as one does.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the last episodes I watched was one where a guy was after Benson and figured out a way to screw up DNA tests. Which of course had no consequences at all.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I seem to remember the episode where Stabler and the SVU were doomed a guy to life in prison/death row for a crime they came to know he didn't commit because they let the real perp jump out a bathroom window at the police station and kill himself.

Also, the time they almost got a gay black man sentenced as a sex criminal, uncovered the real perp, and then just said, "Well, we're not going to pursue bringing charges."

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

One of the last episodes I watched was one where a guy was after Benson and figured out a way to screw up DNA tests. Which of course had no consequences at all.

I vaguely recalled this episode, and looking it up, it was one of those totally not based on real events stuff episodes, Munch even makes a crack about "his people". But apparently the b-plot revolved around a biker gang that was blackmailing and assaulting someone that worked at city hall, and this reveals an undercover cop operation that's gone bad somehow, and this is just the sort of peak crazy SVU that I miss :allears:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Parahexavoctal posted:

"Especially Heinous", a weird fiction novella by Carmen Maria Machado, told in the form of 272 capsule synopses of episodes of SVU.

This was incredible btw. Thank you

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

That episode also had a part where Big Boi was playing a rapper who was forced to inform on the animal smugglers by the SVU cops including vouching for Stabler when he went undercover to infiltrate the gang. Then the animal smugglers murder Big Boi by feeding him to a wild animal and the cops just make pithy comments about it. Also Benson is totally cool with letting a guy who is hanging off a building die until he reveals he is also an undercover cop, then she saves him.

If I had as much money as Big Boi I would read that script, lol, and then film it too

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
I've started season 23 and it's getting real hard to watch. But my long journey is almost over.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

JediTalentAgent posted:

I seem to remember the episode where Stabler and the SVU were doomed a guy to life in prison/death row for a crime they came to know he didn't commit because they let the real perp jump out a bathroom window at the police station and kill himself.

I feel like this happened more than once.

Hey thread what are the grossest and most perverted episodes? I ask because I like watching gross perversion.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I want a L&O: SVU: PTSD.

It's about innocent people who have been traumatized by how horrible the SVU treated them when they didn't do anything wrong and someone else was the real perp.

It's a room with about 80, 90 people who are all just still shaking after several years of a cops emotionally, verbally, and physically assaulting them because they had some old Playboys in their apartment and the like so they had to be the perp. Turns out it was someone else, but it still doesn't stop Stabler and Benson from saying, "We're going to keep on eye on you!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For a show about cops who help rape victims they sure used to make a lot of jokes about how perps are going to get raped in jail.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

For a show about cops who help rape victims they sure used to make a lot of jokes about how perps are going to get raped in jail.

At the end of Season 11 Benson gets framed by a rapist who wanted revenge because they thought Benson arranged for them to get raped in prison because of her prison rape taunts.

After that the writers had to find different ways for the crew to be "realistically" bad police

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

JediTalentAgent posted:

I want a L&O: SVU: PTSD.

It's about innocent people who have been traumatized by how horrible the SVU treated them when they didn't do anything wrong and someone else was the real perp.

It's a room with about 80, 90 people who are all just still shaking after several years of a cops emotionally, verbally, and physically assaulting them because they had some old Playboys in their apartment and the like so they had to be the perp. Turns out it was someone else, but it still doesn't stop Stabler and Benson from saying, "We're going to keep on eye on you!"

This would be a great way to end the show or take it in a more righteous direction if the show runners were capable of grappling with or finding a palatable outcome. They've got a few years to come up with something before Benson hits mandatory retirement age

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Hey thread what are the grossest and most perverted episodes? I ask because I like watching gross perversion.

I can not in good conscience recommend the Lewis arc although it does fit your description there. I think it was season 13.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

"Now I know why they call them special victims." - Stabler after a child kicks his balls, S11E5

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I feel like this happened more than once.

S3E4 is the height of crass writing. Takes less than three minutes to transcend self-parody with Stabler saying something so unnecessarily salacious it's too gross to post, followed a couple minutes later with the writers deciding Fin needed to top it not once but twice playing devil's advocate for the drama, and then reversing his position when the mom takes up his position. The rest of the episode isn't much better, for more mundane reasons.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
Law & Order: Perverse Suffering Unit

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i love this show

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

teen phone cutie posted:

have you seen the episode where ice chases some dude to a roof and then the guy jumps in an active trash compactor and the operator is listening to music and doesn't hear the guy screaming for help and he's crushed to death??

that poo poo was WILD, and i grew up on this show

Casey Jones did it better imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Episode 23.07 has a Criminal Minds wannabe plot but I really can't complain ( I miss Criminal Minds)