Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

just saw this and really enjoyed it! maybe my fav movie ive seen this year so far
sadly i dont think they ever released the science paper on JJ they said they were making cause I really wanna read it

i reckon it makes the most sense if JJ is native to earth but the whole jupiter's claim thing does point to it being an alien, since jupiter is one of the planets people popularly theorise where aerial aliens could exist in the atmospheric clouds. at the very least its an obvious intentional nod to it.
i know peele has supposedly said that NOPE stands for Not of Planet Earth but imo that could be misdirection like, Not of Planet Earth? Nope.
its cool to imagine that JJ critters could be the impetus for legends of angels and dragons, who you can sacrifice to and must bow your head from. i spose they could have still come from space just a long time ago.

I was thinking, if UFOs did turn out to be a terrestrial animal like this, that would actually severely disappoint many UFO fans. Since the whole idea of UFOs is that theres a whole other alien order out there that will either change the world for better or worse or take you to some transdimensional party after your death, its about an escape from the mundane life and reality that people are unsatisfied or depressed with.
Angel nods towards this with his lovely job and excited theories about alien civilisations and world killers.

if JJ turned out to be real it wouldnt actually change anything about the world. if you wanna get fancy about it, OJ and Em are killing the spectacle of JJ by capturing it on camera, it'll become mundane rather than mystical within a week of discovery. its just a big jellyfish that lives in the clouds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU