Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

For the above reasons, I think Jupe Is the most interesting character in the movie

Yeah I kinda wish we had more of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Polo-Rican posted:

Hey here's something totally inconsequential that's stuck in my head. Is this a false memory, or is their handshake shot from a different angle in the trailer than it is in the final cut? (2m2s below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzHlzGkux4M&t=121s

in the trailer OJ says "I don't think they take you..." and in the actual movie in the diner scene he says "I don't think it eats you..."

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

I also thought the thing the lady saw at the end of the digestion scene was a partially dissolved horse head, and tbh I would have to see an image of that shot to be convinced otherwise, cause my brain really created a bold snapshot of what it thought it saw there.

But yeah, as others have mentioned, what did it for me was the abject panic, confusion, and terror as dozens of people grapple with what has just happened to them. They're in pain, being smashed, crushed, and digested. It reeks of death. Some are weeping, some are screaming, some a vomiting, some are groaning in agony. You can hear your loved ones, somewhere, and you know they are suffering the same unspeakable fate as you, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. You will each die alone, together, terrified, lost, and in pain.

i'm 99% sure it is a horse head

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bleck posted:

Here's the clearest shot of it I could get. Spoilers, obviously.

I can see the read as an actual partially digested horse head, but my personal reading is that this is the fake horse, and the reason that JJ both went after so many people and seems to hold onto them for so much longer than anything else it ate is because after it eats the fake horse everything else it ate got stuck. Presumably the regurgitation later is also a result of this, somehow.

Edit: Actually yeah, now that I look a few frames before this, you can see that the girl who gets stuck on it is also wrapped up in the flag (a flag and the red rope is pretty visible). It's definitely the fake horse.

Well gently caress now I'm questioning everything.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

Dawg if the Nope alien is real I am straight up killing myself

why? we'd exterminate them overnight