Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

CelticPredator posted:

Nope more like Vore

When I saw the killing method I absolutely thought of your love of greys and your hatred of Rampage and it made me laugh, which means I spent too much time reading this site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It's sad that a year or two after Spielberg dies, when they obviously remake Jaws, the casting for Quint will never be as surprisingly on-point as Michael Wincott.

(thought brought on by watching this a second time and feeling like an idiot only NOW realizing the hand cranked camera was also an allusion to Quint)

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 5, 2022

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Who gives a poo poo. The nickel in the eye death was dope.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Steve Yun posted:

The nickel in the eye death happened because somebody gave a poo poo

Yeah, and it was dope.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

High Warlord Zog posted:

That scene was perfect

I know he's peppered throughout, but it's funny how well that scene sells his character even though it feels so late in the game.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Stockholm posted:

Saw it for the second time today and it was as much of a blast as the first time. I got to focus more on Steven Yeun and truly this man already sold me on Jupes trauma but his spiel during the Star Lasso Experience is some top notch acting. Right from the "you were chosen!" to his voice breaking right before he introduces his very first crush. Chef's kiss but better. Chef's handjob

I really liked his delivery of the line "here we go" for some reason.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

MacheteZombie posted:

Such a cool rear end design

Watching it for a second time and seeing JJ changing slowly behind OJ, obscured slightly, gave me chills. Then the full money shots... So good.

Man, Nope rules so hard.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CelticPredator posted:

The music is what gets me during this scene. So good

Yeah, I really appreciated the music on a rewatch. Basically from the beginning of OJ deciding "gently caress it, I'm getting the Oprah Shot" (which is triumphantly amazing btw) to the literal last shot of the movie, every aspects just works.

Legitimately don't get the admittedly few complaints I've seen that it falls apart in the last act. That's when everything comes together!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CelticPredator posted:

I wanna see the fab rhinestone jacket

That jacket is so good. When Jupe turns around and you see the UFO design on it... So good.

Wonder if "cool jacket" was an intentional allusion to the mayor in Jaws?