Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Segue posted:

One thing I was thinking about was OJ and Em and guilt with Jean Jacket attacking Jupe and the audience only after they've fed it with a decoy horse stolen from Jupe's attraction. You could argue either Jean Jacket attacked them just due to indigestion or that it was getting revenge but either way there is a responsibility the film doesn't really wrestle with.

I mean you do have Jupe stopping by and aware of it, or the events being entirely unconnected but it's an interesting wrinkle.

It was already eating people going by the initial rain of metal bits. Jean Jacket attacking Jupe because of the decoy horse goes against the theme of trying to control things you don't understand which is Jupe's failing both with the act and with his inability to properly process his trauma.

I did find it kind of interesting that just before Jean Jacket starts sucking people up, Jupe specifically tells the audience not to use their cameras and his wife gets a closeup reiterating it.

grittyreboot posted:

Has anyone rewatched it yet? I wanna know if you can see the cloud through the whole movie.

Rewatched it today and kept my eyes out for it, but didn't see the cloud before Angel points it out. Most of the scenes that had that particular view were scenes where Jean Jacket was actively hunting or coming back from one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It might have been slightly too cheeky, but when Emerald was giving the safety briefing, I wish she had looked directly at the camera when she told everyone to turn off their cellphones. :v:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
A darkly amusing thought occurred to me: the Gordy's Home "fanbase" is probably completely obsessed with finding the footage of the attack.