Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Young Freud posted:

The last one maybe something involving Otis Sr. or a testament from OJ or something but the first and second ones are intriguing because who is this man? He sort of looks Asian, maybe Jupe's father? An animal wrangler that blows Gordy's brains out?.

Those first two shots are from a cut subplot about a crazed superfan of the Gordy show who is also implied to be a pedophile after Mary Jo, he happens to show up on set with a gun the same day as Gordy's attack and is the one who shoots Gordy dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Just want to add that I literally had a sign to watch Nope this morning when I went to the smoke shop

I haven’t seen you this enthusiastic about a movie since Portrait of a Lady on Fire. :)

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Yeah I have to agree, based on everything I’ve heard about the assembly cut I think the theatrical made all the right moves, but I’d definitely watch the assembly as a fun curio.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

This is worse than the digestion scene.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Key hasn't reached the heights of Peele but he's doing just fine, and I haven't gotten any sign that there's any animosity so much as they just recognized that creative partnership was out of juice. Peele has said a few times he's kind of done with front-of-camera work, once time he said it was because he was offered the role of Poop in The Emoji Movie but I think he was at least half joking.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

massive spider posted:

Why is the movie called Nope? Beyond just being memorable I mean.

I think it hinges off the conversation OJ has with Em - “What’s a bad miracle? They got a word for that?” “Nope.” So you could imagine the movie being actually titled “Bad Miracles.” The theme runs in a lot - the camera gets a really cool close-up of a mantis at exactly the wrong time, the shoe on the Gordy set is perfectly upright but the cause is a murder spree, we’ve discovered a new species but it’s killing people, and if you wanna delve into the cut content, Jupe’s life is saved by a man who came to the set to hurt people.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SlimGoodbody posted:

I thought Peele confirmed NOPE is an acronym for Not Of Planet Earth

He did not, it’s always been fan speculation that’s been completely run away with.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Oh.

My bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I’m kind of surprised that people are, well, surprised. This is absolutely not the kind of movie that the Academy goes for.