Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

muscles like this! posted:

I feel really bad for all the people who got eaten just because they went to a show at a chintzy theme park. Especially since it was very much not a good death with all the screaming.

That was especially fun for me since I saw this right after coming back from a chintzy state fair, so that kinda vibe was fresh on my mind at the time!

live with fruit posted:

Did they show Jean Jacket's unfurling? It felt like one second it was the floating eyeball and the next it had all the big sails out. Did I miss something?

during the part where Em is walking to the ebike and OJ is trying to signal for her to run, you can see it slowly rippling, expanding, and shifting forms in the background behind OJ through gaps in the shed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

oh lmao, I just realized why the motorcyclist has the weird helmet with the cut-out. it's so he can use a viewfinder or display screen on his camera without having to spend time taking his helmet off, since the polarizer to block UV rays would mess with the display.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

You'd think an actress who was a lead role on a network sitcom could've afforded reconstructive surgery.

Well, it was only on air for a season and a half, and it probably was not put into syndication, so she probably didn’t actually make that much money off of it. Also, more importantly, it’s a reference to an actual woman who was disfigured by a chimpanzee in I think 2007, who did eventually get reconstructive surgery but spent a long time living in the same sort of veiled hat getup before that.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I figured it out when they made the Eye Contact thing explicit, because that’s basically universal among predatory animals.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Just got out of the movie for a second time. In regards to holst: he absolutely does not take the film with him, not only is it not visible on his person when he runs off but there’s a reversed shot into the blind when he’s talking to Angel where you can see the film cassette still docked in the IMAX camera. Given that right before running off he says “it’ll be magic soon,” ie magic hour (period during the day when the angle of sunlight makes photography really pop,) he’s not trying to ruin the shoot, he’s trying to get one more perfect shot. That being said: jean jacket almost certainly destroyed the big camera seconds later, so the point is moot anyway

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I dunno, Sabrina and Boy Meets World were both still really popular through the early 2000s and Gordy’s Home seems pretty in line with that style.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

He wouldn’t think of it as getting back at OJ because he was sure enough he had everything under control to have his own family right in the danger zone, his logic was probably that OJ would be willing to let the horsedeath slide out of amazement at UFOs being real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

fistful of hammers posted:

JJ's final form also reminded me of the starchild skull (once speculated to have been extraterrestrial but later debunked as congenital hydrocephalus):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starchild_skull?wprov=sfla1

The silhouette of the Threat Display kinda reminded me of the flatwoods monster, personally.