Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

Those first two shots are from a cut subplot about a crazed superfan of the Gordy show who is also implied to be a pedophile after Mary Jo, he happens to show up on set with a gun the same day as Gordy's attack and is the one who shoots Gordy dead.

Yeah, for those who don't know Peele confirmed his assembly cut was over an hour longer than this one

I wouldn't have been against more of this but as is it's perfect imo. Rewatching this in three hours with a friend, but my immediate thought is it may be my fav of his?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VROOM VROOM posted:

and yeah what's up with the shoe

Amidst all the chaos and horror on the set, young Steven Yeun sees between the dead lady and the crazed chimp a single shoe standing upright by itself. It could be seen as either a (bad) miracle given the circumstance it's literally standing out in, or a spectacle (one of many spectacles he tries surrounding himself with as an adult between latching on to show memorabilia, including it, or trying to profit off an alien he's seen often enough to know exists but not often enough to understand, let alone successfully trick himself into thinking he can control)

It's part of the main, or at least one of the main, themes: just because something can be focused on doesn't mean you should, or that you'll learn the correct lesson from doing so

David Ehrlich in his 4-star review posted:

Why are we so eager to immortalize the worst images that our world is capable of producing, and what kind of awful power do we lend such tragedies by sanctifying them into spectacles that can play out over and over again?