Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Astrochicken posted:

Id like to be the latest person to say that digestion scene stayed with me for a while. It kinda feels like something out of a Junji Ito manga. Just real unsettling.

Got that feeling during the scene at their house afterwards. Felt the same way during Us when the Tethered do their hands across America - like a shot straight out of his work

Bizarre multiple people found the Star Lasso scene hilarious - Jean Jacket's interior gave me Under the Skin processing vibes as I hadn't realized it was a creature itself yet. Figured it was some kind of techo-organic deal.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It was pretty great finishing the movie and immediately going to YouTube to look up if the slowed Sunglasses at Night was released as a track like the excellent I Got Five On It remix and there it was.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This is an interesting discussion since the characters describe capturing the entity as the "Oprah shot" and Oprah's the one who asked Nash to reveal her face and the extent of her horrific injuries on her show.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

drat, that's a deep cut

Possibly reading too much into it but I would ask Peele about the connection if I got the chance.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Do you think Kojima just skipped to the end like he did with Better Call Saul.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The trailers made it pretty clear it was about UFOs but nothing hinted at what it truly was. And some trailers leaned into it being generic UFO/aliens because they show a quick shot of one of the kids dressed as an alien but you only see the top of its head and a clip of Gordy fist bumping looked like it could've been an alien hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I wasn't really surprised since it's a movie about Hollywood eating people.