Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/Ganserband/status/1550978081481003008?s=20&t=Ngkiw_FvttisiYzSlif9_Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Well, it was only on air for a season and a half, and it probably was not put into syndication, so she probably didn’t actually make that much money off of it. Also, more importantly, it’s a reference to an actual woman who was disfigured by a chimpanzee in I think 2007, who did eventually get reconstructive surgery but spent a long time living in the same sort of veiled hat getup before that.

I looked up the real woman on Oprah and jfc that chimp hosed her up bad. Like worse than Nope could portray with all the makeup effects in the world

I remember hearing about it at the time and how chimps were incredibly strong relative to their size

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Im curious to see the box office this week since it's a movie so far from people's expectations

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

*gets the film back*

“Where’s the ring?”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The digestion scene was one of the most unsettling things I've seen in a movie in a long time. It takes a fair amount for a movie to actually disturb me but that moment bordered on traumatizing. I loved it!

Deep Rising is even more hosed up