Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.
I finally got tired of waiting for Nope to show up on any streaming platform, and rented it from Amazon last night. Only $6? Sure. That's like a third of what I'd pay for one seat at the theater, and we were never given that option because it blew through the theater near us in record time. So I rented it, and I was so impressed! I might actually rate it as better than Get Out, but Get Out is so good, it's probably more of a tie.

I'm so glad that none of the trailers gave away that while this was a horror movie, it was also a movie about aliens . I was thinking it might have been about a UFO, given how everyone is pointedly looking at the sky in the trailers, but not knowing what I was in for made the reveal that much better! I also liked the further reveal that the UFO wasn't a ship, it was a creature.

My husband was wandering around doing housework, so he caught some of the movie, but at the end he said "You know how I know it was good? You spent a good 45 minutes muttering 'Oh gently caress' Or 'holy poo poo' under your breath." I had no idea I was doing that, but it really was that good of a movie. I did catch myself several times going :aaa: when I realized I was sitting with my jaw left open. I want to watch it again, and I also want to check out the Twilight Zone reboot he did, because this movie definitely had that Twilight Zone feel to it at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

TIP posted:

I love Peele but you can go ahead and skip Twilight Zone. I don't think he had anything to do with writing it and most of it is PAINFUL.

The facts that a) it didn't last long and b) I saw no positive buzz about it made me figure it wasn't worth it. Thanks for the confirmation. Also Twilight Zone is a perfect series, so I'll just keep watching reruns of it when I catch it on TV.

Groovelord Neato posted:

The trailers made it pretty clear it was about UFOs but nothing hinted at what it truly was. And some trailers leaned into it being generic UFO/aliens because they show a quick shot of one of the kids dressed as an alien but you only see the top of its head and a clip of Gordy fist bumping looked like it could've been an alien hand.
Exactly! It's been years since I've seen a trailer that made you interested in a movie, without also telling you every plot point of the movie before you see it.