Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Could JJ be a dig at JJ Abrams?

JJ is the big mystery box of the movie and the reveal is that it's actually much simpler and dumber than we expected. By the end JJ is putting on a huge visual spectacle to distract from the fact that it's actually quite insubstantial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

During the sucked up scene you see what people in this thread have identified as the fake horse, but I thought it was a half digested horse and I found it terrifying in a "you're going to be slowly digested alive" way.

So it was a big relief to me when JJ squeezed and stopped all the screaming.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Scissorfighter posted:

I didn't read any malice in Jupe's actions. I think he wanted OJ to be there to understand why his horses weren't able to be returned in a way that would hopefully not make OJ upset.

was sending his kids over to prank OJ in alien outfits part of this plan? pretty sure he was trolling OJ a bit

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

God I hate these guys so much. Also kinda lol they're literally just barn owls.

the cameras on the set where the animal attacked

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Those too! But the brown around the eyes really is just a barn owl. They do show up in the movie, we've been over this itt.

I wasn't disputing the barn owls, just throwing that up there in case you hadn't seen it. It's a cool detail.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Dr Christmas posted:

Speaking of Jordan Peele and horror, yesterday they dropped a trailer for Wendell and Wild, a Henry Sellick stop-motion film coming to Netflix, with Key and Peele as the titular likely-antagonists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNUZsLfAMqk

they should do more to highlight that peele is a cowriter, that's the most exciting part to me

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

that's not an alien, it's a ghost they abducted that is being returned with the people :v:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

CelticPredator posted:

This one always skeeved me out as a kid and the actual puppet is even freakier

that looks a lot like the future robots in AI

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

F4rt5 posted:

And the «interdimensional beings” in Indy 4

Spielberg has always used the long thin greys look.

Well, more specific than that, long thin and translucent.

Kinda surprised that the Indy 4 alien became completely solid, seems like crystal skull to crystal alien was an obvious move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

raven77 posted:

I want to watch it again, and I also want to check out the Twilight Zone reboot he did, because this movie definitely had that Twilight Zone feel to it at times.

I love Peele but you can go ahead and skip Twilight Zone. I don't think he had anything to do with writing it and most of it is PAINFUL.