Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
I hope the town can survive this. Seems like a black eye on their reputation.

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2022/07/22/police-force-resigns-north-carolina-town-citing-hostile-work-environment/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
It'll be fine. The police will do nothing, as usual.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nice Guy Patron posted:

It'll be fine. The police will do nothing, as usual.

I'd rather they did nothing instead of gunning down unarmed minorities just for existing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know what they say about 40% of police.

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

I hope the nonviolent offenders jail themselves like good citizens

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Sounds like the start of a math problem. How many spouses will be abused now

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

longtimelurker posted:

I hope the nonviolent offenders jail themselves like good citizens

I hope the violent ones do too.

Edit: If there are any (Kenly is a small town).

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 23, 2022

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Huh, it's weird how the police in this small southern town all quit a month or so after a black lady became town manager, sounds like she must just be a bad egg :shrug:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

now's our chance to take over

goontown

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like a police farce

imho

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Cops finally discussed it at length and came to a compromise

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Detective No. 27 posted:

You know what they say about 40% of police.

They beat their wives?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

the holy poopacy posted:

Huh, it's weird how the police in this small southern town all quit a month or so after a black lady became town manager, sounds like she must just be a bad egg :shrug:

The Turner Diaries is the real book rightwingers use as their bible.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they should start up a police academy to train new recruits and steve guttenberg should run it

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You can't take away their ability to beat minorities. They will quit their jobs!

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Ope, sorry, I meant to get rid of all the cops. I missed a couple. :sweatdrop:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

goontown

Finally, all the sucking and loving we could ever want

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Wait till you find out what race their new manager is.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm the new police officer

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mayor reelected in landslide after 40% drop in cop complaints

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Oh they resigned, I thought they might have made each other good cops

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm the new police officer

finally sensible law enforcement.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Wasn't there a point like 2 or 3 years ago where the police in some part of New York got their panties in a bundle over all the anti-police rhetoric so they announced that they would only be responding to emergencies and nothing else, thinking that this would serve as some form of punishment, but everyone ended up loving it and asking them to keep it this way forever?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

That would be the NYPD

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Wait till you find out what race their new manager is.

The breaststroke?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'd rather they did nothing instead of gunning down unarmed minorities just for existing.

cause of death: executed for being within 100 feet of starbucks while black

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Sweet, can I move here?....gently caress, it's in North Carolina.

Pass.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
hostile work environment? lol they must be working with cops

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The 3/5 Compromise

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
"The town of Kenly, home to about 2,000 residents, is left with just three part-time officers on its police force."

so they lost 2 police officers??? what is this math

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

goontown

It will be like that libertarian town where bears were eating garbage, drinking tainted water, and making GBS threads all over the place but even more repulsive.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

The 3/5 Compromise

:pusheen:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pontificating rear end posted:

"The town of Kenly, home to about 2,000 residents, is left with just three part-time officers on its police force."

so they lost 2 police officers??? what is this math

I finally read an article with real information

quote:

police chief, his four officers and two town clerks resigned

5 cops total resigned, and they only ever had 1 cop on duty at a time to begin with, which has been basically replaced by the sheriff's office in the mean time

also

quote:

“We don’t need to ... let everybody walk out because this woman has a hard time managing, and that I know for a fact,” McGowan said. She said she could not say how Jones was a poor town manager.

Can't even come up with a pretense for their quitting

also also

quote:

Former Kenly Town Manager Michael Douglas was charged with misdemeanor sexual battery in June 2020, according to court documents.

A civil lawsuit against Douglas and the town of Kenly was filed by a woman who claims Douglas came to her house and grabbed her breast in front of her sister and asked, “Why won’t your sister let me hit it?”

“Thoroughly disturbed by this incident, plaintiff contacted the Kenly Police Department to file a report but was prevented from doing so by the Kenly Chief of Police, who informed plaintiff she should just move on from the incident,” according the lawsuit.

The woman tried filing a report again with a police lieutenant, but the chief prevented the lieutenant from filing the report, according to the lawsuit

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

So it seems like those 5 cops didn't like the new town manager's attitude to sexual harassment (don't do it).

loving Moron posted:

It will be like that libertarian town where bears were eating garbage, drinking tainted water, and making GBS threads all over the place but even more repulsive.

First I'd heard of this, it's pretty funny.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/21534416/free-state-project-new-hampshire-libertarians-matthew-hongoltz-hetling

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Devils Affricate posted:

Wasn't there a point like 2 or 3 years ago where the police in some part of New York got their panties in a bundle over all the anti-police rhetoric so they announced that they would only be responding to emergencies and nothing else, thinking that this would serve as some form of punishment, but everyone ended up loving it and asking them to keep it this way forever?

yeah they had to come crawling back all pissed off lol

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

So the town got 60% better?

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

the article posted:

"The new town manager, Justine Jones, was hired last month."

Holy poo poo that did not take long lol. Why would a town of only 2000 have its own police force anyway? What an (even huger than every cop everywhere) waste of money

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Holy poo poo that did not take long lol. Why would a town of only 2000 have its own police force anyway? What an (even huger than every cop everywhere) waste of money

Do you know how many police forces America has?

No! And neither does anyone else! Because there's about 18,000 of them!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Become Ungovermable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope 100% of cops everywhere resign