Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Begin stripdance routine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

"It's OK, I'm not Colin Firth, heheh. That dirty fucker is an evil doppleganger who stole my likeness. How soon can we murder the bastard?"

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
“I’m Colin…. A pizza place to get food for everyone!!”

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
explain how you're not a firth but a firtln from scandinavia and your name is very often misread

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Say, mysteriously, while giving a condescending smirk: "To know your enemy, you must become him".

Have fun with your Colin Firth army.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Well firth of all, you keep that firearm holstered mister and second of all - Look over there it's Jon Bon Jovi!

While they're distracted go and hide under the table so you can watch the events unfold in secret.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

It's a tough job drinking down this poison all day. Too much going on outside these walls. Thugs, murderers, villains, and I'd seen them all. They took my life and drove it into this bottle, trapped there going on three years now.

Sirens passed down Broadway. I learned back and thought about my school sweetheart, Velma. I think about Velma a lot, and that's exactly what I was doing when the door swung open and she walked in. She was something out of a picture show. A real betty.

"Ain't you 'eard 'a knocking?" She calmly sat down and pulled a slim and some matches from her handbag.

"If I looking for frog," she said as she cooly lit her smoke, "him name is Hopkin Green Frog."

"I've been out of the game for years, toots, what makes you think I'll help you?"

Her face said more than those lips ever could.

She grimaced as though a thousand demons were clawing at her insides.

I was sweating bullets.

"I lost my frog," she cried, and turned to leave the room. On her way out I could hear her chanting. " P.S. I'll find my frog. Who took my frog? Who found my frog?" This was a lot of applesauce, I thought to myself.

But something in this crazy broad's peepers made me think there was something beyond her simple words. Something dark and insidious.

I shot out of my chair and yelled "I'll take this case!"

Her head spun around and she uttered the words I'll never understand or forget. "Love Terry."

I sat in silence for a few minutes after she left, sweating bullets.

I was mad, but not just any kind of mad. The kind of mad that can only come from when someone close to you forgets you like yesterday's news.

What right did that dame have to come back into my life after all these years, and the fact that she was hiring me to look for her latest love... well that was just a slap in the face.

I spent the night getting rid of the pain the only way I knew how, with the help of a good friend I like to call Scotch. I awoke the next morning to the harsh ring of the telephone.

"Yeah? Whaddya want?" I growled into the phone. "Is this Fred?" said a distorted voice on the other end. "I have frog."

So! Word had already gotten out that I was on the case. That broad must have been followed. I was sweating bullets.

"What him name?", I questioned.

"Him name is Hopkin Green Frog," he rallied back. "If I looking for frog, meet me at the 42nd parking garage, at midnight tonight. Alone."

It was 9 a.m., that gave me fifteen hours to gather my moxie. It's funny how time flies with a quart of good juice. The hand on the clock spun faster than the wheels on a Manhattan trolley. Course, that could just be bourbon talking. I called my friends and told them I loved them and not to miss me if I didn't call back.

Before I knew it, eleven had come and gone, and I was sweatin' bullets. I strapped my shooter to my leg and poured my courage in a flask. Stepped out the door.

Walking these streets again was odd. These weren't the same people I remembered. The parking ramp was a half block ahead, the only lighting from the all-night diner across the street. My stomach was tap dancing like Bojangles Robinson. All I could think about was how I shouldn't have eaten that Thai food. Then I heard a gruff voice yell my name behind me.

I spun around quickly, my pistol shaking like a white man jerking off Mickey Spillane. It was only Shaggy.

"Fred! We just caught him, man! Me and Scoobs just caught him!" He wheezed out, his voice cracking on every word. "It was old man Weatherby-" I couldn't believe it. All my work, and this burnout and his mutt cheese me out of the glory again.

So I fuckin' shot 'em.

He was sweating bullets.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"Friends, you hate the Great Enemy while having the luxury to keep far away from Him; meanwhile I've been cursed to bear his hideous visage and manners so I'm reminder of Him every waking second of my miserable life. Believe me, my hatred towards the Satan Firth is absolute."

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

sweating bullets

Those AI written stories sure are something

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

fully sated you walk out into the ball pit and find yourself a nice spot to sleep. Who needs that apartment that's literally across the loving street from you?! You feel something hard beneath you,

it's another gun! you now have 4 guns.

When you wake up in the morning, it's time to go the filthies meeting. You go to the employee lockers take the keys to some loser's kia soul and head out to the holiday inn. there's a security guard out front who looks like an off-duty cop or maybe he's on-duty since the meeting's connected to a murder after all. it's probably better if the guard isn't a member of the firth haters society since you are impersonating colin firth after all. You think it might be a good idea to impress him with your wealth to sell the illusion. You gesture to the Kia smugly and say:

"Yeah. It's the hamster car."

The guard stares at you blankly. He doesn't seem to recognize who you are. Must not be a big movie guy.

"I have to search you for weapons, sir."

Crap. You have 4 stolen guns on you right now. The cop searches you and says:

"This event has a 5 gun minimum and you only have 4. You're probably not used to that being from europe and all, so I guess I can give you a loaner." He hands you a hot pink shotgun, either for fashion or to prevent you from stealing it, and waves you in. "Make sure to give it back when you leave!" He shouts.

As you walk into the event room, you see a booth set up selling firth-hating merchandise, a plastic table with a gatorade cooler and some dixie cups along with a bowl of trail mix and around a dozen people standing around conversing, all men, all unshowered and each one strapped the gently caress up. They all turn to see the newcomer and the room goes silent

"What the gently caress are you doing here? one of them says. He appears to be reaching for his hip.

How do you proceed

*blow brains all over ceiling with pink shotgun*

THE END?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

“I’m Colin…. A pizza place to get food for everyone!!”

Nobody laughs at your excellent pun or seems to think a pizza is adequate trade-off for finally taking out history's greatest monster. There are several guns pointed at you now. You need to think fast.

steinrokkan posted:

"Friends, you hate the Great Enemy while having the luxury to keep far away from Him; meanwhile I've been cursed to bear his hideous visage and manners so I'm reminder of Him every waking second of my miserable life. Believe me, my hatred towards the Satan Firth is absolute."

This stops them. Is it possible someone could be cursed to look like Firth? To kill such a man would be like killing a make-a-wish child.

"If that's true," one of them, a large black man with a shaved head ventures, "Why didn't you get plastic surgery. Or speak in an american accent? How could anyone bear such a resemblance to a thing like him?"

Then you go in for the finisher:

itry posted:

Say, mysteriously, while giving a condescending smirk: "To know your enemy, you must become him".

Have fun with your Colin Firth army.

This gets them murmuring. Another one a small sikh kid barely out of his teens starts exploring the advantages of Firthhood:

"His reputation would be completely in your hands. If you stole vehicles, constantly shat yourself and desecrated corpses. Why it would only hurt him."

A chubby asian guy jumps in excitedly, "When I talk about how terrible Firth is, everyone just tunes me out: "Oh Chester's starting on this again". But Firth; people listen to him. If Colin Firth talked about how terrible he is, why, that would be in People Magazine!"

You smile. Before long you're no longer the object of their hatred but their supreme admiration. You're the smartest guy here and they all come to you for lessons in Colin Firth impersonation. Within 2 hours you have a multi-racial multi-faith group of Colin Firth's all practicing their british accents and quirky RomCom mannerisms.

You hear the door open and you see the love of your life, Lt Columbo slip in. Again and again he returns to your lighthouse.

He does not however seem to recognize you. And coming clean could land you in prison. Plus you still have your Firth Army to question.

What do you do.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Yell, “Hey it’s the president of the Colin Firth Fan Club! GET HIM!!!”

The Colin Firth haters chase Columbo out and you’re free to eat everyone’s lunch, huff more paint, or look for more clues.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

itry posted:

Those AI written stories sure are something

It's from an old Flash Tub

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

It's from an old Flash Tub

I’m not sure if that’s better or worse.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Columbo is probably not here for us. But just in case, better get ready for an "I am Spartacus" bit.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
He won't recognise us in our Firth disguise. Let's use that to our advantage and find out what he thinks about us and if he perhaps knows something about the murder that he kept from us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

What do you do.

You do what you do best: Lie To Columbo about your identity.

With a big wink to the Army you turn to Columbo and Firthily shout "My name is Firth, and you aren't supposed to kill me!"