Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

about 3 years ago, i overheard someone at work complaining about multi monitors and for some reason it stuck with me

now i use a 34” ultra wide as my main bad screen. i think it’s 3440*1440. it could stand to be higher res but it’s mostly needs suiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

3440x1440 seems like a pretty good resolution so far

it is pretty good for getting work done but I miss my 4k 27" for that sweet sweet hi dpi text

I would love a 4k DPI equivalent ultrawidescreen. apparently a 34" 3440*1440 monitor is about 110dpi, 4k 27" is about 160. so to get an UWS with equivalent DPI you'd need something in the area of 5000*2000. make it happen timb/dell

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

looks really nice but that price, yeesh