Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

thiccabod posted:

I'm a big fan of the one where 8% of men thought they could score a point against Serena Williams in a tennis match. Just outright delusional absurdity

If I was in my prime, I'm confident I could score a point against Serena Williams when she was an infant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

norp posted:

Every time you make the effort to recycle just remember that there is probably a trash truck in the developing world pouring garbage into the ocean as you do it

Metals and glass are actually pretty recyclable domestically. It's just plastic that gets "recycled" by paying a series of shell companies to take it and dump it in the nearest rainforest.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Laserjet 4P posted:

Would they be delighted or horrified at what this had become?

This is the Wearable Computing lab at MIT. They've been looking like dorks experimenting with wearables for decades. I'm 80% sure the guy on the right is Thad Starner; I ran into him a few times at Georgia Tech. He's a great person.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I want to know more about this image, specifically so I can avoid ever being in or near this situation.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

People weren't as tall back then.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Strawberry grow absolutely bonkers in western Washington but we only get one crop per season compared to like California with 3-4.

I spent my summers on a farm in Watsonville CA gleaning them for oversized strawberries and eat them till I got sick. Then the gross dog would eat my strawberry puke.

I bought a hanging basket of strawberry plants at the local nursery in Seattle, and a couple times a week, all summer long, I was treated to one or two fresh ripe strawberries. Way better than the tomato plant I bought.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Turning and turning in the widening gay bar...

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The wasps tidy up after themselves.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

Crossposted from the funny pictures thread, relevant to the title:

Also my idiot cousin gave his daughter the middle name "Danger."

That's my sister's current middle name, but to be fair to my parents it's only because she changed it a few years back

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

His hands are free, he could just reach up and remove the carrot.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Oi! You’ll get me sausage and butter butties with pea wets and jellied eel when you pry it from me cold dead ‘ands!

It's an artistic interpretation of the flag of the Isle of Man

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I think it'd be kinda fun hearing my friends talk about their jobs.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

McGavin posted:

:actually: it was 13, but got raised to 16 last year. It was on the news when it happened because Japan reformed their sex crimes legislation for the first time in 110 years.

If I recall correctly, it was 13 nationwide but most prefectures had it set higher. I'd confirm this but googling "Japanese age of consent law" is a bad look

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

You know what they say about women with really big mouths.

they can yell really loud

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

quote:

Dr. Elke Cheung used digital calipers to calculate the length and width of Sam’s mouth to determine its maximum stretch.

After taking all measurements, adjudicator Spencer Cammarano averaged the data to confirm the final record-breaking total.
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2021/7/meet-the-woman-whose-record-breaking-mouth-gape-went-viral-on-tiktok-669447

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Over 99% of them even have a place to put food! Bougie assholes :mad:

I hate it when I get taintburn.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Except it is a grown woman talking about wanting to gently caress a dog from a cartoon for babies, so I dunno. Maybe the real curse is that most people don't make podcasts about it and just keep it to themselves.

As the father of a two year old, I've watched a loving lot of Bluey recently. Bandit, the father dog in question, is such a good character, and he's voiced by a legitimate Australian rock musician. She's making a big deal out of masturbating to him to get a reaction, but yeah, I understand the basis for her statement.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Aren’t those types of bunk beds usually made with wooden planks with gaps in between? How do they prevent the wheels from going into the gaps?

My college dorm had beds that look like that, and the platforms were solid.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I vaguely remember having a bottle of something like this at one point. I thought it was pretty okay.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

Personally I'd prefer NOT raping an animal or broadcasting it on international TV.

Don't worry about it, the pig is capable of consent and is explicitly down to clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Glottis posted:

it's very easy for me to imagine some person sitting on the porch with a beer saying "gently caress him/her", gently lighting a polaroid on fire, and tossing it into the brush thinking it was gone forever.

Also, looks kinda homegroan.

I thought so too, but I think it's a shoulders-up selfie of a woman wearing a tank top, with a shirtless man standing behind her. Maybe they were swimming.