Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
There is no 'co but Costco, and the hotdog is its profit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I've read multiple times that due to some weird quirk of the laws regarding alcohol sales in the US, membership stores like Costco still have to let you in to buy alcohol even if you don't have a membership (as long as that's all you're buying). Has anyone actually tried this? Does it piss off the door guards?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I dream of the day where I can finally buy Kirkland brand liquors at my Costco store.. Curse you Utah!!!

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Has anyone made a documentary following someone subsisting solely off of Costco rotisserie chickens?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I would dearly appreciate it if Costco added some sort of veggie dog option. I would be going a lot.

Devils Affricate posted:

I've read multiple times that due to some weird quirk of the laws regarding alcohol sales in the US, membership stores like Costco still have to let you in to buy alcohol even if you don't have a membership (as long as that's all you're buying). Has anyone actually tried this? Does it piss off the door guards?

In some jurisdictions I have been to a Costco in, they will have a separate liquor store with a separate entrance, part of the same structure. You did not need a membership.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

Every one I've seen has had a separate entrance for the liquor store next to the main entrance, and they didn't bother to check my card the one time I went in. No idea if it is true for beer/wine in the main store though.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Thank you very much for the link to the old one in the OP and I checked and it can still be searched so I will still my wrath

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Ohtori Akio posted:

In some jurisdictions I have been to a Costco in, they will have a separate liquor store with a separate entrance, part of the same structure. You did not need a membership.

:yeah: Also, in Texas at least, you don't need a membership to use the pharmacy - you can walk into the main entrance without a card, just say "Pharmacy"

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Qu’elle soit extra ou ordinaire
Chaque vie finit d'la même manière
C'est la seule justice sur la Terre
Tous égaux dans le cimetière

Hollismason posted:

How good is the Costco delivery from their website? I was thinking of buying a membership.

I live in a downtown core without a car and I’ve been having orders delivered via UPS for about 2 years now and it’s been great. Prices are a bit higher and the selection isn’t as broad but I’ve saved a bunch of money regardless. I’ve even ordered some frozen things and they come quickly and well packaged with dry ice.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've never had kimchi but I've always wanted to. Is Costco kimchi authentic? Has it been buried underground for a long time?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
most kimchi nowadays eaten by koreans comes from off a vast and soulless factory line, just like every other product in a highly industrialized society. costco gets theirs from the good vast and soulless factory line with the nice factory ajjummas

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

TengenNewsEditor posted:

:yeah: Also, in Texas at least, you don't need a membership to use the pharmacy - you can walk into the main entrance without a card, just say "Pharmacy"

The pharmacy was what baptized me — it’s seriously phenomenal. They apply all the GoodRX discounts for me automatically now, and save me ~300 dollars a month since their initial prices are so low anyway. Costco is quite literally what keeps me sane. PBUC

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

There is no 'co but Costco, and the hotdog is its profit

Might as well close the new thread now tbh

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

I've never had kimchi but I've always wanted to. Is Costco kimchi authentic? Has it been buried underground for a long time?

Kimchi is so good and savory
They say it's even good for you
Something about probiotics
Just eat it right out of the jar
You'll see
Get Jongga (the one with two "g"s)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

super sweet best pal posted:

Get the one Smugworth is obsessed with. Don't get the other one.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This brand Nasoya is also quite good, very similar to Jongga (the one with two "g"s) but sold in smaller jars that I have not seen at Costco. Apologies if non-Costco product discussion is forbidden

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
thanks to the admin that added the link in - I really thought I did!

Whoops.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I think someone also asked last page if the Costco online shipping is good and yes it is great. Prices all include shipping, it’s very nice.

And being able to return stuff to the warehouse rules. I brought back a mattress I couldn’t get back into the box because I thought it was a queen not a twin.

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit

Smugworth posted:

Kimchi is so good and savory
They say it's even good for you
Something about probiotics
Just eat it right out of the jar
You'll see
Get Jongga (the one with two "g"s)

Ferment my farts

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

This brand Nasoya is also quite good, very similar to Jongga (the one with two "g"s) but sold in smaller jars that I have not seen at Costco. Apologies if non-Costco product discussion is forbidden

dude shut the gently caress up about kimchi!!!

dang!!!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
hey is jongga with two Gs suitable for vegetarians?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I gotta say that Costco prescription drugs are some of the cheapest around

like a month's supply of the drug i picked up (generic) was only $12

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

It contains shrimp and anchovy in the ingredients

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It contains shrimp and anchovy in the ingredients

gutted with two Ts

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there's a costco in town that opened in the past year and i haven't been yet. is it worth buying a membership if i don't really need to buy stuff in bulk and it's far enough out of the way (~25 min drive) that i'd never casually stop in because i was nearby?

i used to go to sam's sometimes using my parents' membership, but there just wasn't much i found there to make the trip worthwhile.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

dang!!!

I can't

Please respect the kimchi discussion safe space

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I got the Karina's Kulfi Bars (popsicles) this weekend and they are not very good. The pistachio and almond ones are decent but the mango and Malai bars were very bland.

Don't get me wrong I am going to eat the whole box but I would have rather had something else

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Ohtori Akio posted:

never assume any korean food of any kind is suitable for vegetarians.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Bad Purchase posted:

there's a costco in town that opened in the past year and i haven't been yet. is it worth buying a membership if i don't really need to buy stuff in bulk and it's far enough out of the way (~25 min drive) that i'd never casually stop in because i was nearby?

i used to go to sam's sometimes using my parents' membership, but there just wasn't much i found there to make the trip worthwhile.

Costco usually has better products than Sam's imo but it doesn't sound like you'd be buying anything anyways? I mean, you could just stop by costco once and walk around to see if theres stuff that you'd actually buy on any kind of regular basis

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

never assume any korean food of any kind is suitable for vegetarians.

You can get vegan kimchi, but you're going to have to go to like H-Mart or some place like that. Most places won't carry it

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I posted in the last Costco thread. You may remember me as the guy that went to Costco and bought some stuff and posted about it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Costco usually has better products than Sam's imo but it doesn't sound like you'd be buying anything anyways? I mean, you could just stop by costco once and walk around to see if theres stuff that you'd actually buy on any kind of regular basis

do they check your membership at the door? i remember sam's used to do this, but eventually they relented and only did it at checkout. not sure which model costco does.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
Yeah Costco's fine with going in to check it out before you decide to get a membership. You might like what you see, you might decide it's not worth the trip. If you do decide to get a membership, try to time your Costco runs with when you need to fill your gas tank. Added value!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

I posted in the last Costco thread. You may remember me as the guy that went to Costco and bought some stuff and posted about it.

Hey me too! Welcome back friend!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Jaxts posted:

Yeah Costco's fine with going in to check it out before you decide to get a membership. You might like what you see, you might decide it's not worth the trip. If you do decide to get a membership, try to time your Costco runs with when you need to fill your gas tank. Added value!

that probably won't work, i've bought gas exactly 6 times since i bought my car 3 years ago. it's a plugin hybrid with a 7 gallon tank.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Wonderllama posted:

same

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Where do these fabled 505 Chili's usually live? The same aisle as tomato sauce/salsa/etc. or fridge? All the mentions of them in this thread make me want to try them, but I must keep walking by them and not noticing them each trip.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

kntfkr posted:

dang!!!

why can't the goose fucker get along with the kimchi hipster in the costco thread

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like to get the rotisserie chicken, because I like to know my food suffered greatly before eating it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
sometimes I wonder why costco doesn't stock curry powder but I guess they can't compete with H-mart or indian groceries for price. they have everything else I need though, PBUC