Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Where do these fabled 505 Chili's usually live? The same aisle as tomato sauce/salsa/etc. or fridge? All the mentions of them in this thread make me want to try them, but I must keep walking by them and not noticing them each trip.

its usually over there by the sauces and condiments yeah

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
My son is growing big and strong on Kirkland Signature ProCare with Dual HMO's, Non-GMO Infant Formula.

It Features:

2'-FL and LNnt HMO's For Immune Support & Digestive Health
DHA To Support Brain Development
Lutein To Support Eye Development
No Artificial Growth Hormones
Certified Kosher by the Orthodox Union--ⓊD and Certified Halal.

That is all

PBUC

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I what’s the 505 Club?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Where do these fabled 505 Chili's usually live? The same aisle as tomato sauce/salsa/etc. or fridge? All the mentions of them in this thread make me want to try them, but I must keep walking by them and not noticing them each trip.

They are seasonal and the season is over where I am

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ohtori Akio posted:

I would assume 'peace be upon costco', a reference to the ubiquitous Muslim honorific: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/peace_be_upon_him

No it's Praise Be.... because John Oliver came out with his own religion at the time and so I started saying praise be all the time.

At least I'm pretty sure.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No it's Praise Be.... because John Oliver came out with his own religion at the time and so I started saying praise be all the time.

At least I'm pretty sure.

No one knows anymore. It's lost to time.

This is how we get our own Sunni/Shia split I'm pretty sure.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
They had these $6,000 Shenzhen future massage chairs last time I went but this lady was next to them and it seemed like an external vendor inside costco kind of deals.

I didn't try the chair.

I did get full on samples tho.

One complaint i have is that costco was the only place with a decent price on horizon brand organic cow milk boxes for children but they stopped stocking the just milk type and now have three different types of chocolate milk milk box sku next to where the white milk should be and it's dumb.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Tato posted:

sometimes I wonder why costco doesn't stock curry powder but I guess they can't compete with H-mart or indian groceries for price. they have everything else I need though, PBUC

They briefly had curry powder like 5 years ago, because I bought some and have literally never used it since none of the Indian food recipes I've used actually call for curry powder.

FWIW, I've essentially sworn off buying most spices at Costco. The sizes are just too large and they're stale by the time they're 1/4 gone. Nowdays I buy most of my spices from a grocery store with a bulk section. I can buy managable amounts and the prices are often hilariously cheap. ($0.15c of rosemary is like a year's supply for me)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bum the Sad posted:

This is how we get our own Sunni/Shia split I'm pretty sure.

All are welcome under the single wearhouse church roof of Costco.

edit: I checked the old thread and the first instance of "praise be" was by me in 2017.

Let the sacred scrolls be recorded appropriately.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

NewFatMike posted:

Prices all include shipping, it’s very nice.

they don't, but if shipping is extra they tell you on the product page!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

BeastOfExmoor posted:

They briefly had curry powder like 5 years ago, because I bought some and have literally never used it since none of the Indian food recipes I've used actually call for curry powder.

FWIW, I've essentially sworn off buying most spices at Costco. The sizes are just too large and they're stale by the time they're 1/4 gone. Nowdays I buy most of my spices from a grocery store with a bulk section. I can buy managable amounts and the prices are often hilariously cheap. ($0.15c of rosemary is like a year's supply for me)

Costco spices I use up and replace: chili flakes, oregano, peppercorns, garlic powder. TBF the garlic powder has been in the cupboard a few years...

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I’m an executive member PBUC, been driving 30 minutes to the local ‘co, but now one is opening 5 minutes away in 2 weeks.

Things I’ve bought from the Co:

-New AC Unit
-refrigerator
-dishwasher
-groceries
-Oculus
-Eddie Bauer Dad clothing.

Costco is the jam.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

New thread, can't let that stand without doing The Thing again.

Yes I drove 20 minutes to costco to do this today.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ok which one of you did this?

Of course, I bought one. For science.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hypnolobster posted:

:captainpop:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hypnolobster posted:

:worship:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Hypnolobster posted:

What in costco's glorious name is wrong with you, and why haven't you been stopped??

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

4505 chicharrones are an amazing, and I'm glad that I can buy the family size at Costco for my snacking needs.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Pinche Rudo posted:

Ok which one of you did this?

Of course, I bought one. For science.

Whoa there you can’t have 100% Mangosteen! It will blow out your o ring.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

AnoHito posted:

What in costco's glorious name is wrong with you, and why haven't you been stopped??

Don't worry, i'm sure his aorta is on the case

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

Since the last time I posted in the previous thread, I have discovered that my local Costco has added a gas station.

I'm blessed by savings! PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gatts posted:

I what’s the 505 Club?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Thanks!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I know I can drive about 45 minutes away to get to a Costco in mass but they need to loving open their long-awaited store in RI fuckin yesterday, BJ's is ok but I gotta have my Kirkland stuff

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

AnoHito posted:

Needs onions

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Chinatown posted:

covid took so much from us

also bring back the turkey pesto sandwich that thing was delish

My spouse just said that our Costco still has onions and relish they're just in little containers and you have to ask for them.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

binge crotching posted:

4505 chicharrones are an amazing, and I'm glad that I can buy the family size at Costco for my snacking needs.

i liked the first bag of these i got but the second one tasted like packing peanuts

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Tato posted:

sometimes I wonder why costco doesn't stock curry powder but I guess they can't compete with H-mart or indian groceries for price. they have everything else I need though, PBUC

How could that be possible, even Smart & Final has curry powder

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

can you just dump other vegetables in the kimchi as you deplete it? or would softer veg like slice green onions just get slimy and harder ingedients wouldn't break down enough leaving them hard and gross?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hypnolobster posted:

ill take one plz

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
no, kimchi gets wet or dry brined first, the rinsed, then put in the kimchi paste which turns into the kimchi liquid as osmosis does its thing. so if you tried that without brining preemptively the salt legels will get wrong

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

I what’s the 505 Club?

you'll get your card when you order your 505th hot dog my dude

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Thinking 'bout getting a Costco membership just to get cheaper gas in Hawaii when I go in September

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

George H.W. oval office posted:

Thinking 'bout getting a Costco membership just to get cheaper gas in Hawaii when I go in September

should do it just to get cheaper gas everywhere

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

George H.W. oval office posted:

If you save $5 per month in gas your Costco membership pays for itself. Same if you buy a rotisserie chicken every two weeks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

and hot dogs? Savings multiplier

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Alan Smithee posted:

also chasing your spouse around the house with a naked dog in either hand is infinite value

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The line for gas at costco is not worth the savings.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

if you can't handle her at her lines, you don't deserve her at her $1.50 hot dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

The cabaret game in Yakuza only I'm leading people to their seats at Costco's food court