Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
That's some excellent road access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

My Costco is conveniently located next to the dialysis center.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I've never had issues with parking st my Costco but I only ever go at like 10 AM in the middle of the week.
It is sadly without a gas station though.

There is another one about equidistant that has one, but it's in a way busier area and their booze selection is tiny.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

silicone thrills posted:

I went to the seattle sodo costco this morning for the first time and - as hosed up parking lots go holy gently caress that thing is hosed up. They split the parking lot in a weird way to protect people from like hitting cars exiting the tire center.

I used to rank the lynnwood business center as the worst but sodo takes the cake. Tukwila is weird but at least the mobility getting in and out and around isnt hampered too bad.

I got the blueberry lemon loaf and im very excited to have some later.

this is my Costco and it sucks rear end. I love it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's Costco #1

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

PokeJoe posted:

it's Costco #1

They're all #1

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

PokeJoe posted:

this is my Costco and it sucks rear end. I love it

I went at 11am and every single spot was taken and people were vulturing the parking lot so bad that it was clogging up any ability to drive around. We were about to give up and just go home when a spot opened up near the back of the lot.

Is it always like that? jesus

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SirPablo posted:

They're all #1

I mean store number

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

silicone thrills posted:

I went at 11am and every single spot was taken and people were vulturing the parking lot so bad that it was clogging up any ability to drive around. We were about to give up and just go home when a spot opened up near the back of the lot.

Is it always like that? jesus

yes it literally always sucks rear end every day all day. I just park in the distant area by the car wash by default

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

I mean store number

It's not even really #1, there was some article about it years and years ago, they had to go through a whole big mess with internal IT to renumber it after it moved. The original location was on 1st Ave, not 4th.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

not important

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i went today and there were 3 open spots right near the front... it was like hitting the jackpot. never seen anything like it. PBUC

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So apparently no one really knows the actual calorie count for a whole Costco rotisserie chicken? I did some
Googling and a Reddit thread comes up and they only have best guess estimates.

Main reason I’m interested now is because the home chef rotisserie chicken savory version has 1560 calories while the garlic and herb one has 2240 calories lol. That’s a wide drat swing and neither of them have ingredients listed.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Do you eat the entire chicken all at once? That's a considerable amount of chicken

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk7jMM-e2ts

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SamDabbers posted:

Do you eat the entire chicken all at once? That's a considerable amount of chicken

Not a Costco one no but the home chef ones are two 12 oz(ish) servings after I shred everything.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I would definitely go by weight rather than “one chicken.”

Do the USDA standard for roasted chicken by the type of meat and weight, and then add, idk, a couple hundred for whatever oil is added

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

I would definitely go by weight rather than “one chicken.”

Do the USDA standard for roasted chicken by the type of meat and weight, and then add, idk, a couple hundred for whatever oil is added

Tbh going by the two home chef chickens I don’t even know if that’s a valid way to do it.

They are 700 calories apart for the same weight chicken.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

binge crotching posted:

It's not even really #1, there was some article about it years and years ago, they had to go through a whole big mess with internal IT to renumber it after it moved. The original location was on 1st Ave, not 4th.
Incorrect; the current store is on the same piece of land, but the original building was where the gas pumps are now and the current store was built in the old store's parking lot. There are in fact pieces of the original store on display in the current one so who's to say it's not still technically the same store. Costco of Theseus, if you will.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
Costco chicken is v heavy on the brine which includes both sugar and salt theyabre some of the highest calorie (and sodium!!!) chickens you can buy

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

MarcusSA posted:

Tbh going by the two home chef chickens I don’t even know if that’s a valid way to do it.

They are 700 calories apart for the same weight chicken.
Sorry, I didn’t realize they were the same weight. In that case either the source is invalid or the topping is wildly different, look at the ingredients?

Costco Meatballs posted:

Costco chicken is v heavy on the brine which includes both sugar and salt theyabre some of the highest calorie (and sodium!!!) chickens you can buy
If they have a ton of brine, then 4oz of Costco chicken contains more water, and therefore less meat and fewer calories, than 4oz of non-injected chicken you roast at home. Of course sugar adds calories, but I’m not sure they could add all that much before it would be obvious and unpleasant. What do you think, maybe (maybe!!) like 1/2 c per chicken, generously?

Totally agree they’re salt bombs though

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

Of course sugar adds calories, but I’m not sure they could add all that much before it would be obvious and unpleasant.

Lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Crack is an ingredient on these Zipp's chips.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I would guess the fat content, as well as weight could vary from one bird to the next.
Had not considered sugar brining.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Saw a box of canned, Wendy's chili on my latest trip. I'm sure someone is excited about that.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I impulse bought it and only ate one can.

Would you like a can? (or two?)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

its all nice on rice posted:

Saw a box of canned, Wendy's chili on my latest trip. I'm sure someone is excited about that.

sir this is a Wendy's supplier

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

The FDA, probably

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Do I have to provide my own day-old hamburger patties?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Enos Cabell posted:

Feeling pretty good about my Costco parking lot right now is a sentence I didn't think I'd ever be typing up, but here we are.

Good lord. I recognized this Costco from the thumbnail pic on my phone.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

All Costcos are beautiful

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Anything worth copping at the 'sco of late? Havn't been through since they shrinkflated everyrthing to beat the band

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Anything worth copping at the 'sco of late? Havn't been through since they shrinkflated everyrthing to beat the band

Your Apple Vision can't tell you that?

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

IOwnCalculus posted:

Most blessed Costco parking lot ever, complete with four-deep gas station with extra-wide lanes.

PBUC.

I live by you. Im closer to the one on the north west that has lovely parking so I usually go to that one tho

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Just got a membership today, anything I should know?

Car rentals from Costco can usually beat most deals and you get a second driver for free and cancellation up to 24h before.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

So apparently no one really knows the actual calorie count for a whole Costco rotisserie chicken? I did some
Googling and a Reddit thread comes up and they only have best guess estimates.

Main reason I’m interested now is because the home chef rotisserie chicken savory version has 1560 calories while the garlic and herb one has 2240 calories lol. That’s a wide drat swing and neither of them have ingredients listed.

Hold on gonna go get my bomb calorimeter

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

All Costcos are beautiful

Not the ACAB I'm used to hearing

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Alucard posted:

Car rentals from Costco

im sorry what

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Alucard posted:

Car rentals from Costco can usually beat most deals and you get a second driver for free and cancellation up to 24h before.
Thank you. I had not considered this previously.
Does Costco in the US honor Canadian membership?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Alan Smithee posted:

im sorry what

It's thru Costco not from Costco.