Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Soul Dentist posted:

FitCrunch or gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apsyrtes
May 17, 2004

Actual text message from my wife while she was at Costco the other day:

quote:

What do the protein bars from that disgraced chef look like?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Joburg posted:

I like the Simply Protein bars, they have the crunch of a rice crispy treat.

Those things hurt my guts so bad. I wanted to like them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Apsyrtes posted:

Is he disgraced? All I know is I’ve seen his dick

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Tiny Timbs posted:

How do you think he gets all of that protein into those bars?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Wow where did you see his dick? Just so I can avoid it

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Soul Dentist posted:

FitCrunch or gtfo

Given that I travel frequently for work and usually take my lunch in the field, I can't express how much these things are lifesavers. One a day with an apple and some carrots, I can fit a whole week's worth of lunches in a smallish lunch bag.

Anonymous Robot posted:

It’s more a meal replacement bar than a protein bar, but I like those MetRX Big 100 bars they carry at the moment.

These are also quite good, especially if I want a break from peanut butter all the drat time. Didn't know Costco was carrying them now, I may have to invest.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Tiny Timbs posted:

Reason he got fired from the Food Network for awhile was because it turned out that all the major accomplishments of his that he claimed to get the job, and that Food Network kept touting when advertising his show, was just poo poo he lied about.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Reason he got fired from the Food Network for awhile was because it turned out that all the major accomplishments of his that he claimed to get the job, and that Food Network kept touting when advertising his show, was just poo poo he lied about.

the chutzpah is admirable

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
So he's become a true american. *salutes* grift your way to glory.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This makes me giggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PHo0WQzCuQ

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I wish they carried the Cookie Dough flavored Fitcrunch.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Costco protein bars suck because someone in the marketing department decided that chocolate and peanut butter were preferred flavors for 58% of the population, therefore every goddamn bar would be chocolate peanut butter flavored. Give me a blueberry, vanilla, or literally anything other flavor protein bar you animals.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BigHead posted:

Costco protein bars suck because someone in the marketing department decided that chocolate and peanut butter were preferred flavors for 58% of the population, therefore every goddamn bar would be chocolate peanut butter flavored. Give me a blueberry, vanilla, or literally anything other flavor protein bar you animals.

because the marketing department saw that chocolate/PB flavor accounts for like 50% of protein bar sales

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Boston has lost its edge. There was a time when expensive groceries would have led to people throwing it all in the harbor

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Apsyrtes posted:

silicone thrills posted:

Wow where did you see his dick? Just so I can avoid it

lmao

Beachcomber posted:

I wish they carried the Cookie Dough flavored Fitcrunch.

My church carries the peanut butter AND JELLY flavored Chef Robert Irvine's FITCrunch Chef-Created Baked Protein Bars and they are goated. Literally better than the chocolate ones.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've only ever seen the one flavor in the years that I've been buying those. :smith:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Does Costco usually have good prices on protein powder? Looking for just standard chocolate protein powder stuff - I’ve recently started lifting.

Not sure if there are any other places that usually edge em out.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Does Costco usually have good prices on protein powder? Looking for just standard chocolate protein powder stuff - I’ve recently started lifting.

My protein.com when they are having a sale beats Costco pretty handily but if want something locally Costco is the best.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

MarcusSA posted:

My protein.com when they are having a sale beats Costco pretty handily but if want something locally Costco is the best.

Thanks!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I've said this before, but Costco has great prices specifically on Optimum Nutrition, and that brand is owned by one of the largest dairy companies in the world. When people test it, it always has the protein content promised.

Goons like myself were scammed by some too-good-to-be-true offers in the past, like American Pure Whey, who's owner had to flee the country after a Grand Jury indited him: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/?sh=2dc220787729

But that's not the only story of that kind, there was still shenanigans in 2015, and imagine how much worse that might be in a post-covid world: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/?sh=2dc220787729

It's not just that you're getting your money ripped off by these companies who are incentivized to sneak filler into their powders. Your gains are being stolen too, and that's the worst crime. I don't want to sound like a shill, but I'd pay for the peace of mind. If you can find a lower price on the ON than Costco, by all means go for it, but I think it would be hard to beat since even the "free" shipping cost has to be paid from somewhere.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Optimum nutrition is legit as hell I use them for my protein powder and creatine needs

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zero VGS posted:

Goons like myself were scammed by some too-good-to-be-true offers in the past, like American Pure Whey, who's owner had to flee the country after a Grand Jury indited him: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/?sh=2dc220787729

But that's not the only story of that kind, there was still shenanigans in 2015, and imagine how much worse that might be in a post-covid world: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/?sh=2dc220787729

I remember that fiasco in YLLS. I want to say a goon or someone else took it to his lab at work and tested the protein content because everyone was starting to get really :thunk: about it tasting WAY too good. It was all sugar or something.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Ah yeah, I remember that from a thread over there too. I’ll be on the lookout for the Optimum protein powder - thanks everyone!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Going to church today for my yearly bottle of tequila. :c00l:

Well, and some other stuff too.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Quiet Feet posted:

They’ve been getting a lot of tequila Ocho recently. Worth trying if you haven’t already

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Fritzler posted:

I buy the Costco protein bars, it is like Kirkland signature 20 count box. I am also on a high protein diet and they are only bars at Costco that have 1 gram of protein/10 calories which is the ratio of my diet and most of my meals.

Yeah, the Costco membership is worth it just for the protein bars and protein powders they have there if you weightlift. I've not found a better deal outside of short-term factory seconds stuff at places like Grocery Outlet which just put stuff out as they find it. Aldi/Lidl are really competitive with Costco on a lot of stuff though.

Canned chicken or tuna are also great sources of affordable protein. Use some of the taco seasoning on that for another affordable protein source.

In other news, Costco saved me about $400/6mths on car insurance going through them over every other insurer I could find. Recently it's shot up to ~$1k/6mths despite the fact that I drive like 2k miles a year at most, and I've not been in an accident in like 15 years. Only ~$600/6mths through Costco. So that pays for the membership lol.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 23, 2024

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Quiet Feet posted:

Speaking of which; anyone tried the Kirkland Orange cognac? It’s about :10bux: cheaper than Grand Marnier for a 750ml bottle and was wondering if I can safely switch for my margaritas/sidecars

E. Also, the big bottle of corralejo reposado is where it’s at quality/price-wise imo

E2. VVV Nice. Thanks!

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 24, 2024

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

Brother Tadger posted:

Speaking of which; anyone tried the Kirkland Orange cognac? It’s about :10bux: cheaper than Grand Marnier for a 750ml bottle and was wondering if I can safely switch for my margaritas/sidecars

E. Also, the big bottle of corralejo reposado is where it’s at quality/price-wise imo

I like it, its very close to grand marnier, especially in a margarita. I don't think I would be able to tell the difference unless maaaaybe tasting them side by side. Plus you can't beat the price. The only place I could see it being worth the real deal is if you are drinking it neat like some sort of weirdo.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Joburg posted:

I like the Simply Protein bars, they have the crunch of a rice crispy treat.

I like these okay for the same reason but they turn my rear end into a hurricane generator. I’ll stick with the scam chef bars that taste like Reese’s.

Just finished renovating my kitchen and now have a full pantry and a fridge like 2x the size of my old one. Next time I go to Costco for a big shop is going to be a personal record.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Squee posted:

I like it, its very close to grand marnier, especially in a margarita. I don't think I would be able to tell the difference unless maaaaybe tasting them side by side. Plus you can't beat the price. The only place I could see it being worth the real deal is if you are drinking it neat like some sort of weirdo.

I compared both side by side and neat and the KS was noticeably worse. Could be fine when mixed.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Hmmm, I guess I’ll just have to buy and try for myself. Worst case, I’ll make some sangria with it.

Also, Kirkland XO Cognac is legit for the price

E. My location hasn’t had bottled in bond whiskey in stock for like 6mo tho :(

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 24, 2024

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
Does the 2% executive cashback earning reset at the anniversary date, or can I start earning for next year at the "60 days prior to renewing" date? The more I read the FAQ page on this, the more confused I get about it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Homemade Laksa with tofu puffs and Costco rotisserie chicken

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tofu puffs own. I had some last night, stuffed them with some shrimp paste and it was delicious

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
My girlfriend hates rotisserie chicken, but I have started noodling on ways to utilize it since it’s so cheap and convenient at Costco. Chicken salad etc

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just be aware is not super healthy.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

All things in moderation.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

All things in moderation.

even moderation :hmmyes: