Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Work had me near to the church for an errand, so I stopped in for gas and also a chicken bake and also some la croix and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Big Mac posted:

Work had me near to the church for an errand, so I stopped in for gas and also a chicken bake and also some la croix and

$400 later…

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

Just be aware is not super healthy.

orthorexia is a serious but treatable condition

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

bird with big dick posted:

Homemade Laksa with tofu puffs and Costco rotisserie chicken

Ban this sick filth

nice job!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I get the rotisserie chicken on the regular to feed the stray kitties that are in the neighborhood, 15 years going. So I consider the chicken cat food.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
all those who roam gods kingdom should be able to appreciate the value of the costco rotisserie chicken

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

so much value and you can turn it into so many different dishes

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
When I buy the rotisserie chicken I just get it home as quickly as possible and rip into it with my bare hands and go at it like an animal. Making a dish out of it is completely unnecessary as long as you're okay with second degree burns on your hands and mouth. I'm glad my mother isn't the kind to constantly ask why I'm still single so I won't have to lie to her. She will die not knowing what the Costco rotisserie chickens have made me become.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

^^^ this dude is fuckin that chicken

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

please dont gently caress the rotisserie chicken

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Costco: please dont gently caress the rotisserie chicken

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
for those of you with the winx air filter how often do you replace the filters?

The packs usually come with one HEPA filter and 4 carbon, I guess you are supposed to replace the carbon filter every month? The various ad literature makes it seem like the carbon filter is to capture smells or something, 'deodorization' so if you are constantly farting into the machine it might need replacing faster.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
For my no pet with hair house:
Carbon filters quarterly, also clean the screen pre filter.
Hepa annually.
Amazon sells replacements that do not appear to be anything other than what they claim to be.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

carbon filter when I remember or spot that it's dirty, and the HEPA filter when it tells me to

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Costco: this dude is fuckin that chicken

please mods, please

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Homemade Laksa with tofu puffs and Costco rotisserie chicken

Homemade, like you made the whole thing from scratch or you used an instant packet?

Not even dissing because the instant packets they have for this stuff is great, as someone who grew up on authentic laksa.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pentyne posted:

The packs usually come with one HEPA filter and 4 carbon, I guess you are supposed to replace the carbon filter every month? The various ad literature makes it seem like the carbon filter is to capture smells or something, 'deodorization' so if you are constantly farting into the machine it might need replacing faster.

I vacuum the carbon filters with the Dyson upholstery attachment and it seems to do a good job

I guess I do the HEPA filter once a year?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Gotta say the Kirkland lake peanut butter pretzel bites are a god tier snack

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

pentyne posted:

Carbon filter every three months. HEPA yearly unless you live in some godforsaken hellhole that’s on fire for half the year in which case you should replace it when it tells you to.
Vacuum the prescreen every time you vacuum or once a week, whichever happens first. Use a brush attachment. I never knew how much loving fluff my towels put off til I got a Winix for my bathroom.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

bunnyofdoom posted:

Gotta say the Kirkland lake peanut butter pretzel bites are a god tier snack

Why would you say something so controversial, yet so brave?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Oracle posted:

Carbon filter every three months. HEPA yearly unless you live in some godforsaken hellhole that’s on fire for half the year in which case you should replace it when it tells you to.
Vacuum the prescreen every time you vacuum or once a week, whichever happens first. Use a brush attachment. I never knew how much loving fluff my towels put off til I got a Winix for my bathroom.

That's about what I do. I take the screens outside and just give it a tap on the step and all the dust dander and pet hair just pops off as a freshly formed dust bunny.

Apr 26, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 26, 2024

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Zero VGS posted:

Why would you say something so controversial, yet so brave?

The peanut butter bites inspire all of us to greatness.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Does anyone know what counts as “eligible travel” on the costco visa for 3% back? I stay in a lot of hotels for work and tend to buy a drink at the little corner store at the front desk in the morning and wondering if it would work there.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

pencilhands posted:

Does anyone know what counts as “eligible travel” on the costco visa for 3% back? I stay in a lot of hotels for work and tend to buy a drink at the little corner store at the front desk in the morning and wondering if it would work there.
It all depends on what MCC code was assigned to that transaction, which is nearly impossible to know until you get your statement. If the shop is owned and operated by the hotel it might come back as travel, but it might also just be retail.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hadnt seen these before. I do like corn nuts tho so I picked up a bag. The kernels are pretty huge

Also, the mila soup dumplings got the asterisk of death

There were also some cheeseburger bings in the refrigerated section but I wasnt brave enough to take a chance on those

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So glad my Costco started carrying this:

That marbling :swoon:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

We need bird to show us how to cook it

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

binge crotching posted:

We need bird to show us how to cook it

Just boil it for 3 hours, simple as

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The Authentic Kitchen flautas in the refrigerated section are surprisingly good in the air fryer. They need a sauce because they’re a little dry, but they taste good and they really aren’t all that unhealthy. That’s my review of the day.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Bilbo shops at this Costco

https://twitter.com/MaxKriegerVG/status/1784311808238539112?t=Znu8UJASUNcRqcdDbSIvaA&s=19

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hadnt seen these before. I do like corn nuts tho so I picked up a bag. The kernels are pretty huge

This will be a problem for me... The inca corn from Trader Joe's is a weakness of mine.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

This will be a problem for me... The inca corn from Trader Joe's is a weakness of mine.

I think they're pretty good. They're pretty lightly salted which may or may not be a plus for some people.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Dango Bango posted:

Why is it 100% vegetarian fed, so the feeders don't tell it how delicious it's going to become?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Why is it 100% vegetarian fed, so the feeders don't tell it how delicious it's going to become?

Fancier that way. You know how expensive it is to feed a cow nothing but vegetarians?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My partner got a post-bar offer so I got her a paper shredder to celebrate :madmax:

Also they had kites and I've never flown one so she begged me to get one and I was like okay fine then we flew it at Crissy in like 30mph winds and that poo poo somehow survived and it was hella fun, A+ definitely worth seventeen bucks :buddy:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I went to Costco today

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
One thing I appreciate about Costco, as someone that lives with a person with celiac disease, is that they seem to make a distinct effort to carry products that are gluten free. If there is a gluten-free version of a product that’s otherwise indistinguishable from the original, they’ll stock that one. And they carry a fair number of ready-made dinners that are clearly labeled as gluten free.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
What's the difference between regular rolled oats and gluten-free rolled oats, given that oats don't contain gluten?

Seems like one of those situations in which you'd have to go out of your way to cross contaminate at the factory too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

ExcessBLarg! posted:

What's the difference between regular rolled oats and gluten-free rolled oats, given that oats don't contain gluten?

Seems like one of those situations in which you'd have to go out of your way to cross contaminate at the factory too.

oats don't have like, 10% gluten, but in order to be certified gluten free you need to be ok to eat for celiacs, meaning that they're 20 ppm gluten or less, or 0.002% gluten or less

pretty straightforward to accidentally be like, 0.005% gluten