Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

namlosh posted:

The “motor city??” Deep dish square frozen pizzas are the bomb but I’ve only had the meat one. Surprised they don’t come up more often. $13.99 for 2 and heated up in the oven in 20 minutes

They're good (& cheap!) but they're really only vaguely pizzas, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I was mixing the chobani lactose free yogurt with berries and granola for breakfast. It was great. Far as I can see, my store stopped carrying the chobani :(
Costco giveth, Costco taketh

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

namlosh posted:

The “motor city??” Deep dish square frozen pizzas are the bomb but I’ve only had the meat one. Surprised they don’t come up more often. $13.99 for 2 and heated up in the oven in 20 minutes

Detroit style pizza is the easiest to make IMO because it actually requires some practice and skill to shape regular pizza dough without tearing it or making it shaped like the state of Florida plus it's easy to gently caress it up getting it off the counter, onto a pizza stone, etc.

Detroit style you just proof it a bit, smoosh it into the pan, let it rise and then top it and bake it. 0 skill needed.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

namlosh posted:

I got them once and they were okay. There are way worse frozen pizzas but they weren't incredible or anything.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

:chanpop:

I need that shirt now

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The frozen Motor City pizzas are better than any fresh pizza I've had from Papa John's, Dominos, Pizza Hut etc. Not exactly a high bar to clear, but pretty awesome to have that option in your freezer ready to go in 20 minutes.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
My Costco has removed half of their self-checkout machines, and of the four remaining last night, they only had two active, and had checkers to drive.

I do not approve. Have them go run normal check stands, there were some that were closed!

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

The Midniter posted:

Home Run Inn best frozen pizza.

This goon knows what's up :hfive:. If Church started selling frozen HRI pizzas, I might have to buy a chest freezer

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

Detroit style pizza is the easiest to make IMO because it actually requires some practice and skill to shape regular pizza dough without tearing it or making it shaped like the state of Florida plus it's easy to gently caress it up getting it off the counter, onto a pizza stone, etc.

Detroit style you just proof it a bit, smoosh it into the pan, let it rise and then top it and bake it. 0 skill needed.

Yeah, too bad it's disgusting.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

namlosh posted:

The only good frozen pizza I've ever had

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

I found it: https://www.oldjewishmen.net/product-page/item-87745-shirt
Also: https://www.oldjewishmen.net/product-page/rotisserie-chicken-4-99-shirt

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

The Sam's by me has a better meat department than the Costco I usually go to. It's literally the only reason I'm keeping both memberships.

:getout:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

One thirty-eight :troll:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

rodbeard posted:

You're disgusting

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

rodbeard posted:

You’re disgusting.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
One cheap cheese and one cheap pep is a decent quick weeknight dinner.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

SirPablo posted:

One cheap cheese and one cheap pep is a decent quick weeknight dinner.

You eat two large pizzas for dinner?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

binge crotching posted:

The only good frozen pizza I've ever had

Not technically pizza but Trader Joe’s frozen flatbreads are great.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

strangehamster posted:

You turn one upside down, put it on the other, and it becomes a sandwich

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

Thanks! Just saw these at another warehouse club and picked em up

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

strangehamster posted:

You know where you are right?

Nah I got a family.

But yea I could down both.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
You know where you are?
You're in the Costco, baby
You're gonna buy

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

Blue Moonlight posted:

My Costco has removed half of their self-checkout machines, and of the four remaining last night, they only had two active, and had checkers to drive.

I do not approve. Have them go run normal check stands, there were some that were closed!
Weird. Mine has gone from 6 to 12, so there's never a wait for self-check.
They stopped doing the "show a human your card" thing in only 3 weeks last year. I wonder how many complaints they got about that policy?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Airconswitch posted:

You know where you are?
You're gonna buy

:golfclap:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jorath posted:

Weird. Mine has gone from 6 to 12, so there's never a wait for self-check.
They stopped doing the "show a human your card" thing in only 3 weeks last year. I wonder how many complaints they got about that policy?

Not enough for it to be a corporate change, I still get asked to show mine every time I use self checkout.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just got in and out. Playing bumper carts with the slack-jawed idiots who also came to Costco today (I'm just a regular idiot.)

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 30, 2024

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

The Midniter posted:

Home run Italian Sausage pizza is the best possible frozen pizza, unfortunately even the mad geniuses at Home Run Inn can’t make a decent frozen pizza with vegetables.

The 3-pack of Bellatoria sausage pizzas at Costco were also pretty good, and each was small enough to be a dinner plus snack for one or with a salad or veg dinner for two. They seem to be gone though. I’ve been unimpressed with Motor City and Prohibition, both seem like products of whatever factory shits out millions of similar pizzas under different names.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

Airconswitch posted:

You know where you are?
You're gonna buy

Not an empty quote

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Has anyone had the white vinegar jugs return to their Costco?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

The two pack of gallons? I got some about a week and a half ago.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

We got the four monk brand about 3 weeks ago, haven't looked since

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
'co run today, got some Reese's peanut butter and chocolate bananas and a bunch of other stuff. Tempted to get the chocolate peanut butter pie but my better judgement prevailed.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Might not actually be discontinued, could be a packaging change because they're adding a fifth monk.

Four Monks and Neal Young.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
suck it wordle, costcodle is here

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

https://www.costco.com/Jetson%20Haze%20Electric%20Bike.product.1674823.html?sh=true&nf=true

My roommate is considering an electric bike as a way to get to work and lighten some load on our house's car situation. We live in a large US city with plenty of car traffic, but also a good amount of bike lanes. Does anyone have experience with this bike or ones like it? The price looked affordable but we want to make sure it's reliable for daily use.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'

FPzero posted:

https://www.costco.com/Jetson%20Haze%20Electric%20Bike.product.1674823.html?sh=true&nf=true

My roommate is considering an electric bike as a way to get to work and lighten some load on our house's car situation. We live in a large US city with plenty of car traffic, but also a good amount of bike lanes. Does anyone have experience with this bike or ones like it? The price looked affordable but we want to make sure it's reliable for daily use.

I had a Bolt Pro a couple years ago. It was a lot heavier than you'd expect for the size, and a bit prone to skidding when brakes were applied, causing the tire to stop and wear in one specific spot for some reason.

It might make sense to ask local bike shops if they're willing to work on it (I wouldn't always count on it) if your roommate isn't comfortable fixing flats, etc.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

FPzero posted:

I believe TGO has a bikes thread or two that you might want to consult.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

E-bike specific thread

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
The orange bag trident seafood salmon burgers are fantastic. Fry 'em up in 8 minutes a piece!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Probably the best commuter e-bike Costco has right now is the Priority Current through Costco next with either shifter (2600 or 2800). Electrek has a good review of it. It doesn’t have any suspension so it’s definitely for road use but the reviews are very positive.

Hub motor bikes are going to be cheaper and foldable if you need that. I would view any e-bike for less than $1000 as a toy, but I guess you can always buy it and return it if you hate it.