Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

kntfkr posted:

The line for gas at costco is not worth the savings.

just go in the evenings bivtch

also the savings pays for my membership a few times over

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you can save even more by shoplifting

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

kntfkr posted:

The line for gas at costco is not worth the savings.

I used to think this but after a while I got used to the wait

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
yeah, i'm just gonna keep shoplifting.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bad Purchase posted:

you can save even more by shoplifting

Taping cartons of 60 eggs to my back like John McClane

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it's hard to count how many items you got if you're juggling

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Taping cartons of 60 eggs to my back like John McClane

loss prevention holding you at gunpoint by the exit, but suddenly you start laughing

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Taking back my clothes at Bosco.

testifeye
Sep 24, 2004

maroon moon

Modulo16 posted:

I’m an executive member PBUC, been driving 30 minutes to the local ‘co, but now one is opening 5 minutes away in 2 weeks.

Things I’ve bought from the Co:

-New AC Unit
-refrigerator
-dishwasher
-groceries
-Oculus
-Eddie Bauer Dad clothing.

Costco is the jam.

What was your experience like with the A/C unit? Did you buy a window or standing unit, or a full house system?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
So is this kimchi worth getting?

It's the only one my Costco carries

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I’ve had my executive rebate check on my counter for like two weeks and keep forgetting to bring the drat thing with me when I go. Think I’m gonna snatch up a second Sonos Roam for the stereo backyard tunes when BBQ’n.

Also bought my first ever pair of Kirkland jeans and holy poo poo they’re like wearing armor. Immediately put them in the “yard work only” stack because they’ll survive forever, but they felt like the pant equivalent of New Balance so I can’t wear them in public.

Wish Costco would get the Lucky Jeans back, all my pairs from 6-7 years ago are finally needing to be replaced.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I buy all my clothes from Costco because fashion is bullshit like astrology

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I hemmed and hawed about getting exec membership but lol, I have been spending $200+ each visit. Has anyone here bought a car through Costco? Is it a good experience?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Please do not steal from the Church.

Walmart and Kroger-affiliated stores are fair game.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like that PayPal accepts burn me cards.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hansung kimchi is a malay brand created to profit off of hallyu causing malay peeps to eat korean food. it's the best halal kimchi but not close to the best overall kimchi brand. of course koreans are atheists or christian so it has no market share in korea itself

kimchi itself, the path to it not becoming halal would be if they add too much sugar and alcohol forms. hansung is tested to make sure that this isn't the case, the other kimchi manufacturers don't bother

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 26, 2022

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Zeluth posted:

I like that PayPal accepts burn me cards.

What are those

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Something like privacy.com, great for sketchy sites but also things you want absolute control over how it gets charged. For example, the SIP provider I use for home phone will auto-charge when the balance gets low, so I have the burner card set to a max $15/mo that can be charged to it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Cool!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Dazerbeams posted:

I hemmed and hawed about getting exec membership but lol, I have been spending $200+ each visit. Has anyone here bought a car through Costco? Is it a good experience?

I’ve done three cars through the Costco program over the years.

You’ll get a fair price but not the lowest. You can def get cheaper if you wanna try and haggle yourself. It was absolutely painless though. I got three quotes from local dealers and they all offered to match each other.

Last car I was in an out in 45 min flat. Super easy. This was right before the chip shortage so I have no idea how the process works today.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Didn't costco used to carry a giant jar of tahini? Am I just imaging this?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

kimchi itself, the path to it not becoming halal would be if they add too much sugar and alcohol forms. hansung is tested to make sure that this isn't the case, the other kimchi manufacturers don't bother

How much Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi should I eat if I want to get drunk?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Mustached Demon posted:

Please do not steal from the Church.

Walmart and Kroger-affiliated stores are fair game.

If you see someone stealing, no you didn't.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

testifeye posted:

What was your experience like with the A/C unit? Did you buy a window or standing unit, or a full house system?

I had a full house system installed and it went great. The salesman pointed out a couple of issues with the original install to be corrected and did a thorough calculation for my system. Install happened on the day we scheduled it and was very clean and well done. I got a Costco shop card, 2% back on the credit card as well, and a rebate from the energy company.

I had another contractor quote it and the Costco contractor was cheaper. The Costco guy was a better salesperson too and spent a long time with the options to help me choose.

I myself do construction management and treated it just like a larger project I normally do and I was very happy with the result.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Didn't costco used to carry a giant jar of tahini? Am I just imaging this?

I’ve never seen that in my decade+ of Costcoing out East or in the Midwest

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I need bitchin sauce!!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

How much Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi should I eat if I want to get drunk?

its prolly still not gonna happen even with the large, actually-korean brands. kimchi is a lactobacillus ferment

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

El Jebus posted:

In Costco news, gonna go to the Costco in Tigard OR tomorrow (got too late a start today and it's gonna be real hot out...), I think. Not gonna get the kimchi because I'm also gonna swing by H mart and get some kewpie and other staples. Just need dog food since we're on vacation!

Oh hey that's my local Costco :hfive:

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

El Jebus posted:

If you see someone stealing, no you didn't.

Doubly so if what they're taking is food. I was that poor about 10 years ago.

robotheist
Dec 31, 2007
My dog was prescribed an allergy medicine that at the vet's cost $75 a month; I just called the Costco pharmacy and they quoted me thirty dollars less, praise be

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

dphi posted:

I shop at that one every time I visit family in Portland and the surrounding area (and also do big ticket purchases there for that sweet zero sales tax, beats the hell out of the 10% here in King County, WA)

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

dphi posted:

No rotis chickens in Tigard today! I was sad.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I hope costco gets the ello duraglass meal prep containers back at some point, they're expensive as hell at other places, but I like the container size.

also has the dynatrap gone on sale yet? feel like that's been around forever but so far no sale

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I know it's summer and loving hot as poo poo everywhere but I'm still sad that Costco doesn't make the rotisserie chicken noodle soup until the fall. :(

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I've posted in the previous threads about how I have a unique sort of way I deal with our Costco's tire center in that I deal in vehicles that weren't sold in the United States. This means Costco doesn't want to touch them as they aren't in their computer systems, are right hand drive, and just generally weird. The people working at the tire center understand perfectly, it's a bureaucracy thing. The loophole is you can bring them loose wheels, rather than an entire vehicle, and get tires installed without issue. I'm doing a bunch of work on these vehicles anyway so me bringing wheels that I have to install on the vehicle itself is of no issue with me. I've done this maybe 40 times in the last 4~ years and have a good rapport with the people there.

This time we have a peculiar vehicle even for us regarding its tire requirements, a completely stock 1995 JZX90 Toyota Chaser Tourer V. It looks like a Camry to most United States eyes, but has a twin turbo straight six (1JZ-GTE) under the hood. This means, unlike normal-spec X90s, it has wider tires in the rear vs the fronts. Whoops on me, since I put in an online order for four tires of the same size since I looked at the fronts only and wasn't until I was washing the car I noticed the rears were different and found out about the staggering. Not a big deal, I go into the tire center to explain and order a correct set. The guy does whatever magic it is they do with getting tires as this is a 1995 with 16s, small for today, but they must be good tires as the power this car puts down demands it. He finds both a front and rear matching set with their correct sizes, should be in about a week.

A week later get a call, the tires for the front arrived but the date code indicates they were manufactured in 2018, the boys at Costco went "lol no" and sent them back, and were calling me to tell me this, and it will be another week. This rules since I would have done the same thing, but they already knew and took it upon themselves to send those old-rear end tires back.

Pictured: A much better date code

IN CLOSING, PBUC, our tire center truly rules. Your results may vary.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

bucksmash posted:

I shop at that one every time I visit family in Portland and the surrounding area (and also do big ticket purchases there for that sweet zero sales tax, beats the hell out of the 10% here in King County, WA)

You guys have better beer selection though, and liquor of course. But yeah my parents do the same for tax savings purposes

El Jebus posted:

No rotis chickens in Tigard today! I was sad.

Same when I went on Saturday, it's a travesty

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I love going to costco

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

I love going to costco

Costco: Its where the costs go.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

this is what killed the onion dispenser in Korea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeECns74lZo

RIP onion dispenser, you were too beautiful for this world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah weren't people out there making onion soup type stuff with all of the condiments?