Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Minivans loving own bro there's so much storage space for Costco runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Just got back from Costco.

They started putting out the autumn displays, which included two redneck skeletons playing the banjo.

I was able to hear that poo poo from across the entire store. Just, William Tell and dueling banjos for a solid hour.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

halokiller posted:

Self checkout owns because most of the general public still finds them confusing to use so the lines are always shorter.

Too bad the general public is dumb as hell so you wind up getting stuck behind a gaggle of boomers who takes 10 minutes to scan 3 items. Also, and this is a general rule for all self checkout spaces everywhere, the self checkout registers have their sensitivity cranked down real low. So even if you know what you're doing, it still takes forever. I get that it's meant to prevent double scanning but I find it pretty irritating.

My costco pulls are too big for self checkout anyway.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
As long as you bring your own onions

And don't want the superior deli mustard

Yes I'm still mad

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Cyrano4747 posted:

what are you supposed to do, open your vent to look at the date you sharpied on the filter like a loving pleb?

It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Sadly Costco does not sell my size

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I used to be a fanboy of both at some point but I found I much prefer a boring pour over now.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Duck and Cover posted:

I don't drink coffee but one of the best things in the world is telling people how much I love Keurig. It's fruit that jumps off the tree and into my hand I just can't resist. "I get that it's expensive and not everyone can afford it but the Keurig pod system really makes the nicest coffee".

I like your gumption

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Duck and Cover posted:

BJs is the closest I've ever be to a bj. They also have King Oscar sardines which while not enough to make me go to BJs is enough to allow them to exist. Chili dog.

The King Oscars alone is a reason to know someone with a BJs membership card.

I like BJs :shrug: It's not as fun but they have a good variety on staples if that's your thing.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I filled my car up while running once and I died

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I don't like ranch though so the chicken bake just doesn't do it for me.

I'd rather have a hot pocket imo

(or an italian sausage sando RIP)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
nonono you see because my car is very old I need the premium fuel so it'll last longer. It's, uh, healthier for the car, or something.

(shut the gently caress up dad you don't know what you're talking about)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Gaius Marius posted:

My boss made me come in on my day off to tell me that Costco Connection is the fourth most circulated magazine in the US. So probably not

Did you tell you what the top 3 were

I got mine today and put it straight into the trash

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Costco was selling these $13 painting kits. Couple of brushes, rollers, paint trays, you know the deal. I had most of that stuff already but I knew we'd be painting and can always do with more. Really I just wanted the painters tool since I didn't have one and got tired of my screwdrivers getting covered in paint from opening cans.

Wow folks. The brushes were legit. Far better than the more expensive ones I already had. Totally worth the money.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I bought one last week and it was uncharacteristically terrible. So bad we threw it out.

Waste of money but I couldn't bring myself to return a pie with a slice taken out of it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

redreader posted:

What are the absolute top tier family entrees from costco? I'm married with kids and sometimes want to just take something from the freezer and put it in the oven. I love the lasagne but my wife is getting sick of it. And what are the best frozen chicken breasts/nuggets? are any of them not reconstituted meat? The Tyson ones are.

The plastic boxes of fresh ravioli/tortellini. They come in 2 packs, one feeds 3 with reasonable portions so if you have hungry teenagers I'd just make both packs.

Tonight I made the butternut squash ravioli and it was real good. Mixed it with some brown butter and sage for a 5 minute dinner.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

goon in this thread rn

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Super Waffle posted:

I told this story in the last Costco thread, but my family had one of those plastic wrap rolls that lasted us 11 years.

Same but I don't know on the actual length of time.

What I do remember is that my parents bought it when they first got their original Price Club membership, and I was in college when it finally ran out. The empty space on the counter where it used to be was unfamiliar and uncomfortable.

To this day, it still feels wrong when I look at that spot and don't see that faded, blue box.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My wife told me, all she wants for her birthday is this:

https://www.costco.com/animated-disney-holiday-castle-with-parade%2C-music-lamp-with-lights.product.100941112.html

She found it on one of her instagram reels (She might be worse than me, she follows so many Costco related channels) and I've been completely unable to find it in-store. Anybody have any luck?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

StormDrain posted:

They had a bunch here in my Denver Costco. I didn't realize you were looking for one in store, I thought you were just saying you were going to get it. I didn't look that close but I'm sure it was a Disney Xmas village thing like that. I saw it, said 'oh its the thing the goon wants' looked at the price and walked off. That thing is expensive!

PM me if you want me to be your private shopper I guess. Wouldn't be the first time.

ohhHhhHHHh I might take you up on that. I'm gonna hit up a few local costcos first though, I'd hate to be a bother. That being said it's the first time I'm bringing this thing up so I dunno who you're thinking of.

My wife is a big ole Disney weirdo so to her it's worth the money, and it saves me the stress of figuring out a birthday present. So you know what, it's fine, I don't care, we're adults, I've wasted more money on dumber poo poo it's fine.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 21, 2022

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Barry posted:

Do tell

I got married

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Head Bee Guy posted:

costco has gotten me into yeungling. $20 for a 24pk, wheras a 24 of stella or modelo is like $30 lol

yeungling is hands down my favorite cheap beer. It's always a safe option if you're throwing a party and don't know everyone's tastes

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Since I know this thread just loves wastes of money, I stopped by my local Costco and they had put out a giant pallet of the musical Christmas Disney castles I was asking about. I grabbed one and left with nothing else in what was my fastest Costco trip in history. Didn't even stop for a dog (because there's still no onions or deli mustard)

Happy wife

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It's loving huge though I was really surprised at it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Shear Modulus posted:

And the onion crank

:rip:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zero VGS posted:

Also my BF just got an allergy test a couple days ago, he didn't know he's super sensitive to dust mites apparently. Dunno if there's a Costco fix for that.

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-aller-tec%2C-365-tablets.product.11312465.html

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Here you're given an option between Kiosk or counter.

Kiosk is objectively better, but the one down side is that while you're ordering you're forced to listen to boomers complain how hard it is to tap a picture of the food they want to eat.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
*deep breath*

ROTISSERIE

CHICKEEEEEEEEN

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

My wife said no

I need a new wife

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I like the shepherds pie.

It's not like, amazing or anything, but it's an easy two dinners that's good enough.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

For those kid havers out there, what are some good baby shower gifts? As in, what stuff did you find to be the most useful or whatever. Supposedly the kirkland diapers are pretty good?

Just be aware that some people are fiercely loyal to certain diaper brands, but you can probably get away with it being that it's probably their first back. Also agreeing with whoever said to get a bigger size.

You also can't go wrong with clothes. Same as diapers, get a few sizes up. It lessens the pain of having to buy your baby a whole new wardrobe every six months in the beginning.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Alan Smithee posted:

I just popped a tire

I’m at my car brand service center but I’m close to a Costco. I’ve never been to the tire center but what are the odds they would even have a replacement tire for me? How long are the auto services

Don't forget to buy your tires in pairs

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tiny Timbs posted:

Do NOT ask for a a “pair o’ deeze”

.....deeze what?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
You can take it straight out of the freezer, cut it in half and toast it in butter on the stove.

Unreal how delicious it is and also like 1200 calories if I had to guess.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
4 muffins fit perfectly in a gallon Ziploc bag. Almost like it was intentional or something.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I got a 5 pack of hardcover Pete the cat books.

My kid lost his god drat mind.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Honestly you could knock out a Shepard's pie at home in like 40 minutes. It's very easy.

Come to think of it, you could probably cook one faster from scratch than it takes to warm up the Costco one. Although it's more work and probably more money in ingredients. I still like the Costco one for an easy dinner though.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Why does that video have 3 million views

Maybe I'm becoming an old man but the TikTok short format is a bane on society

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ElGroucho posted:

Some people are classy Chef John fans, and other people like whatever the hell this is

I love Chef John.

I keepa a few of his recipes in my back pocket and they're always a hit. His stuffed pepper recipe single handedly managed to change my wife's mind on peppers.

And his butternut squash soup never fails to satisfy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It was someone in this thread who posted his Genovese recipe, specifically as something to do with a costco sized bag of onions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJMqmscRS8

I still haven't made it because of the time investment but it's on my bucket list.