Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

I posted in the last Costco thread. You may remember me as the guy that went to Costco and bought some stuff and posted about it.

Hey me too! Welcome back friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I’ve had my executive rebate check on my counter for like two weeks and keep forgetting to bring the drat thing with me when I go. Think I’m gonna snatch up a second Sonos Roam for the stereo backyard tunes when BBQ’n.

Also bought my first ever pair of Kirkland jeans and holy poo poo they’re like wearing armor. Immediately put them in the “yard work only” stack because they’ll survive forever, but they felt like the pant equivalent of New Balance so I can’t wear them in public.

Wish Costco would get the Lucky Jeans back, all my pairs from 6-7 years ago are finally needing to be replaced.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

devmd01 posted:

Ok fine but I’ll keep it Costco related.

With the V8 RWD, let’s just say that my rear tires wear out faster than the warranty says. I looked on the costco site logged in and as far as I can tell I can get tires installed potentially cheaper elsewhere. The availability in the size wasn’t great, either.

Dope Hyundai bro

I bought a PHEV Volvo a couple months ago and my trips to Costco gas have gone from every week to once a month, but I’m still at church weekly

Costco need to put in some chargers, my goddamn Safeway has them, where you at Costco

AHH F/UGH posted:

Not at my costco there aren't vOv

I think everyone likes it better this way here too, it seems more fair and less cutthroat

The only issue with people not pulling up past the third car is inevitably, some rear end in a top hat takes the front spot and doesn’t back up into the middle spot

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 1, 2022

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The anti-reach around Costco pumpers are my favorite because they will leave pumps open just to not be “inconvenienced” and I’ll drive right around them and be gone before they hit a pump.

So keep doin’ you decorum pumpers

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Last year I cleared $875 in rebate cash after using it for all my new appliances and virtually all spending at any store on it.

Thought I dialed way back this year but apparently I’m getting $850 this year.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Asobu posted:

Finally got a membership. I walk in, get a $5 chicken and leave.

The money I’ve saved on chicken has already paid for the membership.

I will only buy chicken here. Nothing else.

That’s what they all say

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

StormDrain posted:

My guilty pleasure is hearing the robot voice at self checkout thank me for shopping at Cost Co.

I mock this every time.

Still not going to stop using the self checks, because they rule, even if in the 1.5 seconds from scanning my first item to putting it down on the scale the self checks scream at me to put it on the scale like I’m stealing something.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

For real though, how is Genesplicer still alive? Which Costco supplement am I foolishly not buying?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Had the weirdest thing happen tonight. Grabbed a box of those Del Real bean & cheese pupusas and opening the first pack, the top pupusa was beef & cheese.

The rest of that vacuum sealed package was all bean & cheese. My poor vegetarian wife of course bit into the beef & cheese one and I thought she was crazy because mine was fine, but it was loaded with shredded beef, wasn’t even like it was a single piece. It’s like someone grabbed one off another line and put it in.

Trip report though, they are amazing pupusas.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

bizwank posted:

Where at? I'm not seeing it on their map/list of locations...

From pages ago, but there’s one in Lynnwood and one in Fife

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

All that stuff is a ripoff. You can pick up a 100 pack of safety razors for less than $10.

Changing to safety razors when I do shave has been great. The fact that church doesn’t sell blades is a travesty. I can get a Bowie knife but not 1000 safety razors for $30? C’mon now.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

smoobles posted:

I bought a $700 Roomba (J8+) from Costco today. He's very smart and an overachiever, he vacuumed my bedroom without me asking. Good find at Costco.

I got a Roomba 694 as my holiday party white elephant gift this last year and while I love it, the thing is dumb as gently caress. I feel like I’m constantly rescuing it from “cliffs” or even just because it over corrects when it bumps something and never finds the path down the center. J series worth the investment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

If some roomba engineer wants to fall in love with me via all the feet pics they're snapping then I'm all for it