Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Seconding these. You can chop em up for salads and to layer on quesadillas too. Very nice nugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Buy the big pack of costco kitchen rags.

Use those instead of paper towels. Wash them as they get dirty.

There. fixed the problem. I haven't bought paper towels in like 3 years now.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

StormDrain posted:

Hell yeah to this plan. Having a big pack of Terry cloth is the ideal. Dirty, wash, too dirty? Toss.

I use em for everything including pet messes and honestly even after like 5 years total? in use I haven't had to throw any away. I've bleached the stains out of them twice. Eventually when they do get bad enough ill use em as paint rags.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I was wary but i finally bought the fit crunch bars today. Theyre legitimately the best protein bar ive ever had.

Been having a hard time eating at all and getting something that gets some calories and protein in me that tastes good is nice.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I am very mad the sample carts arent relegated to weekends only anymore. God drat it I came at 7 45pm on a Tuesday to get in and get the gently caress out, move out of my way.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Anyone elses costco no longer have peanut butter pretzels? Like 3-4 months no pretzels. We finally ended up asking the checker - are we just like missing them somewhere? and he was like nah we havent been getting them and people are real sad about it!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Went to costco yesterday and they still dont have peanut butter pretzals back at my location. :(

holy poo poo though. I went tuesday at like 11:30am thinking "ok it will be slower" NOPE every single checker lane open with likes 4-5 people deep each.

Luckily they had everything else I wanted and I picked up the k street food potato corn dog things. Just a mozzarella stick enveloped in corn dog dough and potato. Honestly not bad with dipping sauce.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
We have a costco business center pretty equi distant from us vs regular costco so we tend to do business costco like every 5th time. Mainly because there's some perishables they sell there that are really just too big for us to use up in time or store in an appropriate way. But for non perishables they rule. also they have all the baked goods convenience stores sell so if you get a craving for like 30 honey buns they got you covered.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Tim Whatley posted:

Those breaded frozen chicken chunks are truly a new staple. I found Panda Express sells all their sauces now at grocery stores and I tossed them in their Orange Chicken sauce. So good.

The bare naked ones are really nice because they're the only breaded chicken product ive found with no alliums so we can actually use them in my house. Its a great shortcut food for so much other stuff. I really really hope they dont stop selling them ever.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

NewFatMike posted:

Move over Ernest Hemingway, a real story has displaced baby shoes. That SUCKS

lol everyone says something like that every time I mention it but honestly its just like being allergic to any other pervasive ingredient. Ended up making us a lot healthier since almost all fast food is no longer a choice.

Real pain though when favorites get changed. The costco lobster and cheese ravioli used to be allium free then like 2 years ago they changed them and i wanted to cry.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Got the cookies and cream mini cakes.

The cake itself is good but the top reminds me of oreo cream and has to be mostly scraped off. Worth it though.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

There's a specific sickening sweetness to the oreo filling that im not super into and not all cookies and cream things taste quite like that.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I bought the wrong bag of coffee on my last costco trip so I wanted to make a super quick trip to return the coffee, get the right coffee and pick up some flour.

so obviously no cart, going through costco as fast as possible and my husband says "oh lets get some of that australian licorice" so we grab 2 bags of that. then we pass the bakery and "oh lets get some banana nut bread"

so by the time we get to self check out i have 20lbs of flour + 2 licorice, husband has the 3lbs of coffee + banana nut bread and the self check out guy is all "YOU KNOW WE HAVE CARTS" and im like "BUDDY THE CARTS MAKE EVERYTHING SLOWER I GOTTA GET OUTA HERE" and hes all "maybe we should offer skateboards, jeeze"

anyway, fastest trip ever, a++ plus i got some functional weight lifting in.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Enos Cabell posted:

This.

Anyone try the banana nut bread yet? Looks promising.

Bought a loaf last week and really enjoyed it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I have that whole feeling of being full all of the time due to another ailment and I gotta say - I really cannot recommend it. Its so unpleasant.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Alan Smithee posted:

Why would you need a car wash in Seattle

There's so many seagulls

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
ah man those vinegar jugs are my clothes softener. (they dont smell like vinegar when they come out and a like tablespoon in the wash makes your clothes really soft)

luckily i bought a box right before they must have discontinued them though so i got like another year of clothes softener to go.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I went to the seattle sodo costco this morning for the first time and - as hosed up parking lots go holy gently caress that thing is hosed up. They split the parking lot in a weird way to protect people from like hitting cars exiting the tire center.

I used to rank the lynnwood business center as the worst but sodo takes the cake. Tukwila is weird but at least the mobility getting in and out and around isnt hampered too bad.

I got the blueberry lemon loaf and im very excited to have some later.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

PokeJoe posted:

this is my Costco and it sucks rear end. I love it

I went at 11am and every single spot was taken and people were vulturing the parking lot so bad that it was clogging up any ability to drive around. We were about to give up and just go home when a spot opened up near the back of the lot.

Is it always like that? jesus

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Im a lazy tasteless monster but honestly the 2 turkey/1 ham hillshire farm pack is such a good deal and decent enough to make that our regular sandwich meat buy.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Cartoon Man posted:

Hello thread, I’m probably late to the party, but the Kirkland bacon, egg, and cheese frozen croissant sandwich’s are fantastic. Wrap it in a paper towel, 1:30 in the microwave, and breakfast is handled.

I do both the croissant breakfast pastry and the bacon egg and cheese croissant sandwich in our toaster oven together at 325 for 10 minutes for perfection. Husband and I have a fancier feeling breakfast a few times a week that way :3

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Costco checker charged my seltzers twice but missed my bag of rice. Things are looking up. The rice was like 7 bucks more.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
That cookie has more calories in it than a whole meal for me.

I remember someone mentioned they thought pbfit powder was going away: i think they just changed the packaging. I saw it today and it was in a bag instead of a jar.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

thathonkey posted:

finally running out of the costco plastic wrap roll that i feel like we have had for pushing a decade. got a new 2 pack. heres to another 20 yrs

I seriously bought one pack like 10+ years ago and I feel like I absolutely havent made a dent. I even gave the other roll to someone else or split the cost or something at the time. It basically only gets used for proofing baguettes though.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

KakerMix posted:

It really sucks that there is such a variance between Costco tire centers because once again I brought them 4 loose wheels and they installed my tires on them no problem, chill, chatted about what they were going on, just a nice, pleasant group.

I wonder if there's a big regional difference if you live somewhere that needs seasonal tire changes vs not. Like getting an appointment at discount tire here to get your tire changes to snow tires and off is a multi week wait usually so i doubt costco would just be like yeah sure.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Joburg posted:

I like the Simply Protein bars, they have the crunch of a rice crispy treat.

Those things hurt my guts so bad. I wanted to like them.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Wow where did you see his dick? Just so I can avoid it

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
So he's become a true american. *salutes* grift your way to glory.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

TrashMammal posted:

there is absolutely nothing in costco worth sampling instead of just buying and the clusterfuck situation around the sample carts makes shopping actively worse. sample time is a terrible time

I actively avoid sample carts and days because it attracts the most obnoxious humans on earth. lemme just block the whole loving aisle. I dont even know how they do it. the aisles are like 3 carts wide at least and sometimes one person will manage to block the whole thing and then be a dick when you're like "hey excuse me can I get by" like how dare I disrupt their bliss of eating a bite of chip

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Zero VGS posted:

Any member born after 1983 can't shop, all they know is be blocking aisles, eat free chip, and lie

you mean before? because its the loving olds.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
nah its happening in seattle already too. Like the shoreline WA location is bagged as of the last time i was there.

Its less plastic used overall so technically somewhat more environmentally friendly. I guess baby steps in the whole grand scheme of eating tens of millions of factory farmed chickens and all that.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
flushable wipes are dumb as hell any way. they gently caress up everyones plumbing. Just get a bidet for a clean rear end.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone tried this gyro meat? On sale so I was thinkin about it...

I tried it. It was mediocre. I tried all the cooking methods on the bag - both frying pan and microwave. If you've only ever had mediocre kebab its probably fine but if you live somewhere with good kebab it doesnt compare.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

The Midniter posted:

god I hate foods that are sweet for no good reason, then you look at the nutritional content and see it has 8g of added sugar in something that's ostensibly completely savory

I lost a lot of weight when we discovered a pretty pervasive allergy in our house and had to start making things from scratch and only buy base ingredients for things and i maintain that its because almost all the premade poo poo is chocked full of sugar. And the worst is when they add fake sugar for no reason. Stevia tastes like rear end. Monk fruit tastes like rear end. Aspartame runs through my rear end. Stop adding sugar to poo poo that doesnt need sugar!!!!!!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I love the breakfast croissants - the cheese and ham ones. Eggs gently caress up my gut so its like the one breakfast item that comes prepackaged that i can have with out having to wing something into the compost. Its a nice little treat sometimes and they cook so nicely in the air fryer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
You know what is good as hell and I love?

The tempura shrimp.

Make a little stir fry and a little rice and throw some of those bad boys on there and its perfect. the sauce packs with it are decent too, just mix in a little gochugang to spice it up.