Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

I've read multiple times that due to some weird quirk of the laws regarding alcohol sales in the US, membership stores like Costco still have to let you in to buy alcohol even if you don't have a membership (as long as that's all you're buying). Has anyone actually tried this? Does it piss off the door guards?

Every one I've seen has had a separate entrance for the liquor store next to the main entrance, and they didn't bother to check my card the one time I went in. No idea if it is true for beer/wine in the main store though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Disappointed they don't have the eddie bauer waffle lounge wear anymore. Still managed to spend $430 on accident.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Knot My President! posted:

My entire wardrobe has slowly been replaced with these and I ain't even mad

https://www.costco.com/bc-clothing-men%E2%80%99s-fleece-lined-crew-sweatshirt.product.100753421.html

They're like $15 right now and only $11 if you spend $100 or more-- I have three, the quality is fantastic, they instantly warm you up and don't run hot. I don't understand how scientists made them so dope but they're basically perfect. I'm getting some for my dad this year :buddy:

I'm wearing one right now and it is very nice. Runs pretty large though, I had to exchange my XLs for Larges

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

david_a posted:

Solestado Muffuletta Olive Salad - I noticed they weren’t carrying the “That Pickle Guy” brand for this anymore (that one has a crude drawing of a man wearing a barrel on a GeoCities-rear end label). I’m not sure I like this one as much. It’s chopped very coarsely with annoyingly variably sized pieces. I can’t shake the feeling that something is a bit “off” with it (not sure if it’s the oil they use or what). Next time I use it I’ll try chopping it finer first.

This is distressing news. Loved serving that on poboy bread with sauteed shrimp. Also really great on pizza.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Hell yeah adding that to the Costco run on Thursday.

Thanks!!

Do yourself a favor and buy the Costco pork belly, cure it in a bag for a week or whatever, and smoke it. You will never buy regular bacon again.

I always use the guide on this ugly website. I usually buy the big rear end pork belly and freeze half of it for curing later, but I have also used the smaller belly that is pre-sliced a few inches thick and it worked fine.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Total came out to $222 and my hotdog order number was 33, feeling lucky today thanks Costco

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Are the Costco car batteries good? My battery is getting to an age where I'd like to proactively replace it.

I can't speak to their quality (though I'm pretty sure it is very good), but my truck had a parasitic drain that took me awhile to identify so I went through several batteries in a short period. What walmart says they have in stock does not necessarily reflect what they actually have and I had to drive all over town to find one that had my specific battery covered under warranty; when I finally got fed up and switched to costco, they always had my battery and they never questioned when I had to come back to swap it out for warranty.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I bought a bottle of this stuff the other day on a whim because the spirit of Costco guided me and drat it is delicious. Currently using it in a steak marinade for shish kabobs, not really sure what else to do with it so I might just try pouring it on everything.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

Did I misremember? Was it the taco kit that the thread liked?

No, I loved it and so did others. My wife (who detests lamb) and I ate it happily for like three days. I want to get more and dump it on fries like doner boxes I ate in germany. I'm sorry you didn't like it though :(

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Ok I got it with two Gs. Now what do I do with it?

GGrilled cheese sandwiches are really good. Or throw it in some fried rice.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

sexy tiger boobs posted:

The jarred muffaletta olive salad is a pro buy. I shoulda bought 2.

Try it on a motor city frozen pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

pencilhands posted:

i believe it was amlodipine

Amlodipine gang :respek:

(also olmesartan. My heart fuckin sucks)

Completely unrelated to my failing heart, I just grilled costco's pre-seasoned uncooked ribs, dang those things were good. Had to vacuum seal and freeze the second rack because it was way too much. Didn't even need bbq sauce (which was great because I was out)