Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You poke the hot dog and you get a hot dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

+ refill

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I hope we get to leave our Costco plastic wrap to our kids

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This isn't TCC you don't have to do the SWIM thing here

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Just spent a week in Belgium and the Netherlands and didn't see a single ipa and it fukin owned bones.

:beerpal:

sounds like heaven

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRmqCS5o/

https://i.imgur.com/hVbuYv6.mp4

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 1, 2022

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Thanks, I had no clue how to embed a tiktok video and it clearly wasn't working just from pasting the link.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Anyway, while I can't condone extreme onion anger I must point out that when you deprive people of basic needs for so long they will begin to lash out

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I bought a $1k sectional from Costco and it was rear end because it pilled up so loving bad that we had to take a sweater razor to it every month

We just bought some LaZBoy stuff and it cost a lot, took months to show up, and was made poorly. One of the recliner legs fell off and dumped my pregnant wife onto the floor.

gently caress furniture, but also we got so drat sick of getting unmatched and worn thrift store/hand me down stuff.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nessus posted:

The secret, I learned, is to get you a bottle of wood glue and just put on a dab here and there as you go along. This does nothing for the quality of the materials, but it does make it almost indestructible, and let's be honest: You are, at most, removing the shelves if you're retaining the Ikea furniture into your next residence.

The modern stuff isn’t that bad. I’ve had movers handle my IKEA junk a few times and the most common incident is them punching a hole in the bookshelf backing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

she shoppin

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I liked how they stayed up once gas prices started falling

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

They don’t price match afaik.

I don’t have a powered one because I don’t have a plug near the toilet and I haven’t really felt the need for it. Even the basic $40 one from Amazon really is life changing.

Yeah I have a fancy $250 Brondell powered one on the master and $40 cheap ones on the others and I’m totally good with the latter

Heated water is either overrated or my rear end is so numb it can’t feel anymore

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that’s the guy’s username

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Renegret posted:

Don't forget to buy your tires in pairs

Do NOT ask for a a “pair o’ deeze”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ShowTime posted:

I think what happened was people that purchased their putters at retail, gently caress you prices, learned that if they only paid proper tithing to the church, they could have saved like 25%. How dare the perceived value of their elite golf club decline by being sold at a "discount" club. So they cried, complained and Bettinardi tried to retain some level of their customer loyalty by going after Costco. Turns out, if you gently caress around with Costco, you will indeed find out.

If you haven't checked what the clubs usually sell for, they are normally $450 and Costco was selling them for nearly $100 less.

I remember finding some really expensive cologne at Costco online once and went full in on them. Bottles that normally retailed for $250 were selling for $160, I believe.

Oh I thought they were a luxury item being sold at a massive discount and ruining ~the image~. What a bunch of whiners

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

There are a number of cured meats where that coating of mold is on purpose.

Yeah well try telling that to my dates

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

I bought a case of costcocrab since they’ve apparently gone extinct.

planning ahead for when claws is currency

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

One time I got a Trolli variety bag that didn’t have one of the varieties in it so I complained and got a $2 coupon in the mail a month later

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ordered some vitamins on the app. $15 cheaper than amazon/walmart and free shipping. thank you, cost company

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

buy both and point them at each other like in the last samurai

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

Just gonna say it here, dark chocolate is way overrated

edit: Incredible snipe

Ok how about if I cover it in giant salt rocks

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I once had an rear end in a top hat receipt checker chase me down and yell at me for getting my hotdog before the shopping trip without showing them my card. They don't even ask to see cards at that entrance (because that's how you get to the place where you... get a card) so it was pretty confusing.

Must be a training issue

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nothing wrong with squeezing all the value you can out of your membership

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sure, a short throw out the drat window

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whooping Crabs posted:

I'm going to support you since nobody else is. Spindrift is awful, their grapefruit seltzer tastes like bile. Just because something is made with a tiny bit of juice doesn't mean it tastes better. Polar is good, LaCroix can be good if you stick with their citrus flavors, and their citrus flavors (haven't checked the others) are naturally sourced (e.g. grapefruit extract).

I’ve had some good spindrift packs but the last one I got with lemon and lime tasted weirdly… buttery

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

halokiller posted:

same tossed my waterpik and went back to regular flossing since i used mine at full blast and that just leads to spraying water all over my bathroom

I use my Costco waterpik full blast and the water is contained within my mouth and sink. I suggest not trying to use it as a tiny bidet

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mine also came with a deep clean attachment that’s plastered with a ton of safety warnings so maybe that one can reach down into goons’ cavernous gums

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A Jupiter posted:

I got a double-layer pack of these and a couple are perfect with my morning coffee. Gets the blood sugar going

Orange peel, almond, walnut/caramel and pistachio.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

not afraid of the cops anymore either

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Salmons good

big fan of their salmon portions

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Christ. Makes me glad I started only dealing with cellphone companies directly online several years ago.

Resellers are sleazy and I’d avoid dealing with them if at all possible

I hope they ditch the kiosk and use the space for new onionizers

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gently caress yeah european cookie tin has new varieties this year

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hot log + pee fill

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I paid $10 a penis for presents for the dogs at the farm store and kicked myself for not picking up some penis last time I was at Costco

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

silence_kit posted:

I enjoy kombucha and other kinds of fermented foods but the touted health benefits of fermented foods seem totally made up. The narrative about how the 'good' bacteria in the foods fights the 'bad' bacteria in your digestive system sounds like a children's bedtime story.

Yes of course it's all made up.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BigHead posted:

The person at the return desk has your history right there, so no need to do anything just bring in the pile of scraps in a tote bag and hand it over. I did this with an old Netgear router when they (Netgear) pushed out an update that bricked my model, it was no problem.

Also I'm officially the proud owner of the Costco credit card. I'm torn, though, because my current card is cash back automatically on each statement, and the Costco card is apparently a once a year physical check? The current card is one percent, though, so obviously the Costco one will be double or triple the amount.

I’ve had Costco returns people get lovely with me when I asked them to look up the receipt. They made up some policy about needing to have it after a certain date or something.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

That's the spirit, yeah this thing is in mint condition and Costco is actually selling it for $3000 right now instead of $2000 due to inflation. They should be thrilled to have it back!

edit:

Different topic, get a load of this Costco salad kit I just opened. $8.49 and half its weight is dirty stems:

I've had pizza places make less hosed up salads than this, jeez.

yeah I’ve been seeing broccoli shag in frozen produce bags too. Probably some supplier loving up and blaming Covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ve been using them for years but the big bottle just barely fits in the medicine cabinet

I dunno what else to judge them on. My labs are always good?