Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Went to Costco today, was very happy to see these little veggie-bean-rice chips they had a few months back make a return. Also I dunno if your stores are demoing them but there were some Tajin-sprinkled Chicharrones available that were excellent. I'd recommend them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

It’s not bad kimchi by any means especially for the price.

But yeah if you have an h mart near you this is extremely good poo poo imo

https://fresh.hmart.com/18010002

I really want to buy this but my roommate has a shrimp allergy and almost all of their products seems to be made with shrimp. We've found a couple vegan kimchi options but for the most part the hmart branded and packaged ones all tend to skip the shrimp so we go with that.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Going with a friend to have Costco lunch today. :peanut:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Johnny Truant posted:

my partner and I did Costco date a few days ago, highly recommend

I think an integral part of the Costco Lunch Experience is getting as many samples as you can in addition to your food court choice.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The samples were weak today. Some yogurt, mens gummy multivitamins, liquid iv, and a health smoothie drink with no flavor that my friend from Oregon described as tasting like "something hippies back home world love". there was a cookie but it was just okay. At least the pizza doesn't disappoint me.

And can confirm, the salad is back in the menu here too.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I had the chicken bake again for the first time in years a little while ago and it was not as good as I remembered it being when I was a kid, but it was still perfectly fine. Huge though, way bigger than I remembered.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

At church, chowing down on a pizza slice and stocking up on a few things before a tropical storm hits my area this weekend.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Big Mac posted:

How many people did you see with the whole-house generator on a flatbed

None actually, but this gas station line is wild tonight. Thankfully I am full of pizza and i have my Costco muffins for when i get home.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I dunno about anyone else but I really like the bagels from Giant/Martin's/Stop-N-Shop. Yeah bakery fresh is best, but the self-serve bagels there have the exact level of firmness I'm looking for in a bagel, and I swear by them.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That is, perhaps, too much durian.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

At church on this fine day, getting a pizza for lunch. Gonna go browse after.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

FPzero posted:

At church on this fine day, getting a pizza for lunch. Gonna go browse after.

Update: I came in for one item, left with a $150 bill.

We need a version of :capitalism: but it says "That's Costco!" instead.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

https://www.costco.com/Jetson%20Haze%20Electric%20Bike.product.1674823.html?sh=true&nf=true

My roommate is considering an electric bike as a way to get to work and lighten some load on our house's car situation. We live in a large US city with plenty of car traffic, but also a good amount of bike lanes. Does anyone have experience with this bike or ones like it? The price looked affordable but we want to make sure it's reliable for daily use.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Thanks for the bike posts. Roommate's also a goon so I'll send the e-bike thread to him and hopefully he'll be able to look into it more as well. I will say though, the foldable aspect would be very handy just for easier storage in our apartment and at his work so hopefully we can find some balance of price and quality without breaking the bank. That Priority Current is expensive enough that I think he'd consider a car down payment at that price.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I have both because a friend of mine got a very cheap Sam's membership with a 2nd's membership attached and we take monthly trips over there together. It's fine, it has better selection of name-brand variety chip packs than Costco sometimes. Is Costco my preference? Yeah. But Sam's is alright if you get a cheap membership.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Even the Boy Scouts did the 39.5 hours thing when I worked full time for their retail store. It sucks and reeks of labor loopholes.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Barrel Cactaur posted:

'Full time' actually starts at 30 under the ACA rules, which covers insurance eligibility. Otherwise companies can set their benefits plan at whatever they want for optional benefits. And a lot of states stick their own rules in. The real scumbag manager classic is 25 hours a week with on demand scheduling, which makes it impossible to work a second part time job.

Actually yeah, thinking about it the Boy Scouts eventually cut all the full timers down to 32 because that was the minimum they could give us and still classify us as full time. Needless to say I left not long after that decision, and so did my manager and some other full time staff after me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Went to Costco on Saturday and put enough food and things in the cart to hurt my noodly forearm pushing it around. Shameful.