Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

TengenNewsEditor posted:

:yeah: Also, in Texas at least, you don't need a membership to use the pharmacy - you can walk into the main entrance without a card, just say "Pharmacy"

The pharmacy was what baptized me — it’s seriously phenomenal. They apply all the GoodRX discounts for me automatically now, and save me ~300 dollars a month since their initial prices are so low anyway. Costco is quite literally what keeps me sane. PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Hollismason posted:

So I'm going to get a membership to Costco since they do delivery, but I can't decide between just the 60 dollar regular or 120 dollar one. I mean I'm not going to use it for travel so I don't really see the point of getting the executive.

I'll save more than 60 bucks on protein shakes and it seems like delivery is free?

Is that right?

Honestly for my DINK household, the executive is actually worth it. We always get something like 65-75 dollars back even though Costco isn’t the *only* place we shop, so it’s (just barely) enough to justify the more expensive membership. YMMV of course.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Unsalted is for baking. Salted is for cooking.

Unsalted is for everything, especially cooking.Try seasoning your food your own drat self.

Seriously, you should be adding a little salt at each step of your recipe/whatever rather than putting in all your salt at once. Each ingredient being salted on its own builds and develops flavor in the whole dish.

‘Co related: just went last week, taking a friend tomorrow so he can get those sweet savings and I can get that sweet cash back.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Going to Costco in an hour, anyone need anything? I have some homemade kimchi I can give you rather than buying the jongga

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Got to church and only then realized my entire outfit was from Costco, including underwear, socks, and shoes.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Bought two 12-packs of the Kirkland cold brew after having bought a few from the corner store to check them out. I love them! I drink strong black coffee and have a ridiculously high caffeine tolerance, so I have to be careful and limit myself to two at a time.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Poop postin right now, in fact.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Fried rice

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

halokiller posted:

the mom and pop shops in my neighborhood very clearly resell kirkland items and other brands that are always found at costco. iirc costco was originally founded to sell to small businesses after all thanks costco.

Yep, if I’m away from home I’ll routinely buy the cold brews from the corner store. And I’ve seen the guy from my closest tobacco store getting his wholesale cigarettes there from the secret checkout next to the hearing aids! I’ve also noticed a lot of copacking around town, eg Trader Joe’s and CVS both sell the peanut butter pretzels.

Does anyone know if the opticians will do glasses adjustments on glasses not from Costco? Mine got a little bent up and I’m not sure where to get them fixed since I got them online.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

large hands posted:

Older photo but I think tendies are still around

drat, they’ve got a deep fryer! That’s huge, those things take a decent amount of labor to keep clean.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Chic

Ken

Ba

Ke

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Couldn’t resist and got a second Sherpa blanket specifically for the couch, as well as new pajamas. Coupled with my Costco bathrobe, I am officially The Coziest.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Just had this for dinner:

19.99 for two half ducks! I crisped the skin up in the cast iron and finished heating it up in the oven, then served it with baby potatoes (also from Costco) that I roasted up with some fresh rosemary from my herb box. It also came with packets of orange sauce, but I’m saving that for some (Costco) salmon later this week. The duck was a little under seasoned but otherwise very nice, would eat again.

E^^ I would totally get those if it weren’t for the ketchup on the back

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I seen em! No Iberico yet though, just the Serrano

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

DamnitGannet posted:

Picked up a Jessica Simpson knit sweater a few days ago and absolutely love it. Went back for another one and they had been clearanced to 5 dollars and were gone :( they still sell them on the website but uuuugh full (Costco) price. Good reminder to buy multiples when you find something you like right away lest they disappear from the warehouse.

I had the same problem with those dope Hurley cargo shorts they had over the summer. I bought one pair when they had plenty in my size, then I ripped them at Six Flags. Went back to get another pair, only one in my size but in a different color. Next trip, checked again and there was once more only one pair in my size, but the same color! It worked out in the end, but I could’ve just bought three and saved a lot of time and worry.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Re: Sardine chat, they are frequently on sale and excellent quality. So excellent, in fact, that one time my extremely crafty beagle got herself up on the kitchen table, balanced herself on our coffee station in such a way that she was able to open the built in cabinet overhead, knocked down the unopened six pack of sardine cans, and opened and ate every single one of them. She was extra glossy for a couple weeks after that, which speaks to Kirkland Quality.

Beagle tax:

Is baby

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Hi fellow Chicago churchgoers! I live a fifteen minute bus ride from the Clybourn store and don’t have a car, so I just CTA there and take a Lyft back home. Works out great and still cheap.

I’ve sung hymns to the pharmacy before, and always will. Costco + GoodRX save my uninsured rear end literal hundreds of dollars a month.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

At church, wisely eating a pep slice before hitting the pharmacy and all the stuff I didn’t get last week. Any tips? I already killed a bag on the Tajín chicharrones and have T1W2Gs in the fridge, planning on the gyro kit and the bulgogi dumps . GF specially requested 4 chicken bakes for the freezer which is why I’m gonna lock that one in before too long

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

On topic, I’m going in today to get fitted for contacts for my wedding and was gonna check out the sheet cakes for said wedding while I’m there. Do they do decoration at all, even just simple words? If so, how do I go about getting it done? Just ask for the bakery manager?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Thank you! Wedding cakes ordered in record time, PBUC

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Eeyo posted:

How are the optometrists typically at costco? I'm looking around for an optometrist to go to so I can renew my prescription and get some new glasses sometime soon.

It looks like they're independent, but do they have some kind of similar pricing scheme?

There’s no discount if you have like a hundred eyes, as far as I know.

My experience there has always been pleasant, they’re quick and professional and take insurance; out of pocket cost is similar to America’s Best and other chains like that. And they’re always glad to just give you your script so you can order glasses or contacts from elsewhere. I usually just take that to Zenni, I’m not a huge fan of the ‘co’s frame selection.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

pentyne posted:

in chicago where all the trash opinions on hot dogs go

Go back to Cleveland, dummy

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Just found out my poo poo credit improved significantly over the past few years without my having to actually get a credit card, so I immediately applied for and subsequently got a Costco credit card! Gimme that cash back baybeee

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Fair warning, if you default on the card they lifetime ban you. No more $1.50 hotdogs (no more free refills), no more affordablably priced jars of Jongga kimchi (the one with two "g"s)

My devotion to the church is a strong motivator to keep up on my payments.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

As someone who also used to drink a poo poo ton of really cheap vodka, the bad stuff can taste kind of oily, is the best way to describe it. If you've ever had Popov (common west coast bottom shelf) that's the taste profile I remember it having.

Some absolutely bottom tier liquor is industrially brewed grain spirits that are then flavored, so I could see that getting hosed up somewhere along the line.

Dunno if Kirkland brand is that kind of rot gut though.

I remember hearing at some point that the Kirkland vodka is just copacked Grey Goose? Maybe a French vodka? I don’t remember and can’t be bothered to look it up, but that’s the gist of the rumor I heard

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Git gud mfers.

My friend scored this for me at a suburban church, I don’t think they’re in the city (yet). I’ve been wanting one of these for years!

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

This is how I stay alive tbh.

I seen whole vanilla beans at my church last week, but where has all the saffron gone?!?!?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Yeah the spiced rum is heinous, it tastes like drinking vanilla extract.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Gotta go to the ‘co today. Anticipating an empty store because it’s -6 outside. Really hoping they’re giving the door checkers space heaters or something!

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Mom needs a new vacuum cleaner, is anything good on sale this month?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Just moved and yesterday was our visit to church for the Great Restock. Our goal was to spend under $400, and the total came to 399.92, PBUC. I also used my $213 annual reward on my Costco Citi card, so we ended up paying under $200 for a complete household’s amount of goods. And finished the less-than-an-hour trip with my usual chicken bake and mocha freeze. What a wonderful day!

Also, those thin mint bites are absolute heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I was gonna buy breakfast sandwiches on our last trip, but they only come in like 8 packs and I sure as hell can’t fit 3 of those boxes in the freezer with all the Costco meat we have