Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

topenga posted:

They were probably talking about the WInix that goes on sale regularly.

https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

I have that one and a slightly larger one. They seem to work great. Nice and quiet. Vacuum the pre filter every couple of weeks if the room is really dusty, then swap or wash the charcoal filter every 3 months (or 6. or...when you remember to). Fart next to it to watch the color change and the fans angrily spin up (they also complain about cooking with alcohol. Uncivilized machines)

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've been wanting to grab one of these when they went on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Made a Saturday afternoon visit to Church yesterday. Picked up Cereve lotion for my wife, a case of Bang energy drinks for me (RIP heart), and an impulse purchase of those 32 Degrees Sleep Pants. Wearing them right now and they are fantastic. Highly recommend. PBUC

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Visited Church this afternoon. Fairly successful trip without too bad of a crowd. Picked up a bottle of men's multivitamins, fish oil pills, a giant multi pack of unsalted butter for baked goods, an Oreo cookie decorating kit, and a big mixed box of chips (only $101). Then pulled around to Co Liquor and grabbed 3 bottles of Kirkland Vodka (because I have the tastes of a 21 year old frat bro).

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
I made a Thursday late afternoon trip to Church and saw a couple interesting items in the liquor store.

They also had a Japanese whiskey in a glass bottle that was the shape of a...Japanese dragon? I've seen that before though.

Ended up being a quick trip. Grabbed 2x500 bottles of ibuprofen, a jug of laundry detergent and one of those chicken quesadilla almost-ready-to-eat kits. $16 for 2 dinners and tasted pretty good. PBUC.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Is the quesadilla kit better, worse, or equivalent to the street taco kit?

I really liked the quesadilla kit, considerably more so than the street taco kit. Like it's been said, there is quite a lot of chicken in the quesadillas. I did a quick pan fry to crisp them up and melt the cheese a little and gently caress me sideways they were tasty. It's also handy that they come with a couple small cups of guac, one of salsa, and another of sour cream.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah, KitchenAid is cheaping out on the internals.

There's also a dude that sells a rubber grommet that goes in the tilt-model's neck to serve as a stabilizer because KitchenAid removed that to save money too.

Do you happen to have a link for that? My partner has a tilt-model.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

https://www.mrmixer.store/store

He also has a TikTok channel!

Thanks! PBUC and all that

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

There are some gas station chains that are like, legit good. Casey's has great pizza, Kwik Trip has p solid hot food from what I've tried

It's still weird af to me and I accept it, lol

Similarly, Buc-ees is spreading around more of the South and Mid-Atlantic and they have really good food made in-house. Same with Parker's Kitchen. They're spread around Georgia and the Carolinas and from what my coworkers tell me, their chicken is better than any of the fast food options.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Going back a page or two but thanks for the goon recommendation on structural screws instead of lag bolts for a monitor mount. Had to move one in my home office. I replaced the lovely stripped lag bolts with two 3" structural screws I got from HD for $2. Made it a whole hell of a lot easier to install.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Just returned from my monthly trip to Church. Grabbed 3 bottles of Kirkland vodka and chewable melatonin pills for myself, then Pam spray, a giant box of parchment paper, and Cerave for my wife, and a veggie tray for the both of us. The giant Co veggie trays are the loving best.

I was hoping to get a variety case of Monster Ultras but no such luck.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
With Bang going bankrupt, what kind of energy drinks does Church carry now? Is it just Monster?

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

ShowTime posted:

This is the first time I've heard of the bankruptcy and I'm not super surprised. The first time I drank a bang, it was the cotton candy flavor, it tasted like dogshit and by the time I was half way through the can I seriously thought I was having a heart attack. I'm no stranger to caffeine, but that was the first time I've felt like it was too much caffeine.

If you can find the monster sugar free orange, it's still my favorite energy drink. Sometimes Costco carries it, but I think they've mostly cut it in lieu of the main flavors or the specialty packs.

I drank my last Bang from the variety case today and yea they don't taste great. But then I'd say that about most energy drinks.

I've heard good things about Ghost but I doubt that Co will start carrying them anytime soon.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Re: energy drink chat.

I was traveling out of town for work this week and tried swinging by their Church to see what energy drinks they carried. Found they carry 12 packs of a brand called Zoa. Figured I'll try that and hope that Co brings back the Monster variety case one day.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Just had a quick Church visit. Busier than normal on a Friday afternoon but I guess that might be because of the holiday this weekend.

Grabbed unsalted butter for my wife to bake with, a bottle of fish oil pills for me, 3 handles of Kirkland vodka to drown my troubles, and a jar of "banana pudding" moonshine because it sounded fun and why the hell not.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

ShowTime posted:

Banana pudding moonshine sounds disgusting. That and the 3 handles of vodka will make for an interesting experience kneeling over a toilet.

I do need to go by today. Tomorrow is gonna be madness.

Good god no, not all at the same time. The three handles of vodka take me about a month and a half to go through. I like banana pudding and I guess this is a "cream moonshine." I'll take it for a spin tomorrow evening.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Made an unplanned stop at my local Church yesterday on the way back from working out of town. Picked up one of the caesar salad mixes, a double pack of mashed potatoes, a rotisserie chicken, and a case of Alani energy drinks since I'm about to finish off a case of Zoa.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

yoloer420 posted:

The discussion about cooking just reminded me of the other thing that Costco hasn't had the last two times I've been: flour.

Seriously what the gently caress.

Specifically, King Arthur brand flour. Last year my home-baker spouse was ecstatic when she found Costco carried that brand, as it's one of the best for baked goods. When it ran out recently, we went back to get more and found its been replaced by some garbage brand of flour :sad:

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
I swung by Church yesterday on the way home from work and picked up 3 bottles of Kirkland vodka and 1 bottle of Kirkland spiced rum (which I know is supposedly not good but it has alcohol in it so that's all that matters to me)

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Re: Cart Chat

I know this will never happen but it would be nice if Church had some of the small sized carts like some grocery stores. I usually only buy 5 things or less, which I toss in to an empty box to carry them around. It would be a ton easier if I had a small cart to throw it all in.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

binge crotching posted:

Everything is at least $20, so $100 is just 5 things. These days I'm happy when my wife tells me she only spent $400 on food and things.

I really only grab a handful of the same things each time. Lotion and eye drops for my wife, occasionally butter and flour for my wife's baking, occasionally contact solution for me, veggie tray for the both of us. I usually spend more on liquor at Church than I spend on regular stuff.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

Psion posted:

people who go in without a cart are bold, but don't be like the guy I saw who tried it, bought a huge box of ziploc bags on top of their 'usual order' and staggered down the aisle barely able to hold his stuff

I bee-line it straight for the area in the back that has a bunch of empty boxes. Grab one of those then grab the stuff I need and go straight to self check-out. I'm usually in and out in 20min or less. It's a pretty good strategy.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
I did not go to Church today but I did utilize their online services. Booked a rental car for my partner through Costco Travel. 7 day rental picking up at Ohare, and reserving it only 10 days before the trip. It was definitely cheaper than reserving directly from the major rental companies. Its probably the 3rd or 4th time I've booked rental cars through them. PBUC

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

hark posted:

oh drat thanks for mentioning this! I had already reserved a car through another service and checked this and it's like 100 bucks cheaper for the same time and car. cancelling my previous reservation and doing this instead!

:hfive:

I think my first time using it was reserving a full size SUV to help bring stuff to and help ferry people around for my wedding weekend. It was probably a couple hundred dollars less than reserving anywhere else. I know I can't attribute it to the Co but I was expecting some raggedy rear end Chevy Tahoe or Suburban and ended up with a pretty nice Escalade ESV.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Question about car batteries from Church:

Do you need to make an appointment to get one? Or is that a show up, drop the car off at the automotive desk, grab some food and wander around the store until they're all done.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

KakerMix posted:

As mentioned you bring them your battery, not your entire car. Buy the new one and trade your old one at the same time, install it yourself.

It's a tire center. They do not install batteries at all.

I guess I was thinking that since they sell the batteries from the tire center desk, they might install them too. Ah well.

I dared Church on a Saturday afternoon. It was a loving zoo but I just went in the Exit side to the tire center, bought a nice new battery for $120 + $15. Brought it home and swapped out the old battery. I'll take it back to Church tomorrow and get a couple other things when it isn't so busy.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Partner and I visited Church this afternoon hoping to find "Reese's animal crackers" and King Arthur flour, both of which she saw at a Co in Chicago last week while visiting family. No such luck at our local church unfortunately. To make it worth the trip, I bought two more bottles of Kirkland vodka and a bottle of "cookie dough" whiskey, which should be...something I guess. I'm pretty sure I spend more on liquor at Costco than I do on anything else.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Got an email from church on Tuesday:

quote:

Dear Costco Member,

Our records indicate that you, or one of your add-on members, have purchased item #639271, Kirkland Signature American Vodka, between June 12th, 2023 and August 10, 2023.

It has come to our attention that the taste profile of units marked with certain lot codes may not have met the expected profile normally consistent with this product. While not a food safety issue, this does not meet our quality expectations.

If you purchased this item with one of the below affected lot codes and are not satisfied, please return it to your local Costco for a full refund.

It listed a couple dozen batch numbers that were affected. None of the three bottles I have in the house matched up but it was nice that they let me know.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Two trips in two days to Church.

Thursday:
$60 worth of liquor including a bottles of Kirkland tequila, Kirkland American vodka, and Fireball. Then hopped next door and grabbed a gyro kit for partner and I, contact solution, and a giant bath sheet.

Friday:
Partner liked the bath sheet enough that she wanted a full set so we went back and got a second bath sheet, two regular bath towels, a hand towel set, a bottle of melatonin, a bottle of vanilla extract, and a double pack of canola spray,

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Decent trip to Co on an early Friday afternoon. Refilled the propane tank, 3 bottle of Kirkland vodka, fish oil, Alani Nu energy drinks, eye drops, and a giant bag of pecans.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

thathonkey posted:

how much do they charge for a propane tank refill? never thought to get one at costco before

It's $2 per gallon. Receipt said total cost was $6.64 before tax

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

SamDabbers posted:

I got an email AND a phone call from Costco about a food recall for some Quaker oat granola that's potentially contaminated with salmonella. My family already ate more than 3/4 of the package :(

So this was weird. My wife got the email and phone call from Costco about this recall, which is strange because neither her phone number or email is listed on our account. I'm the account holder and I didn't get anything. And even beyond that, we haven't bought any of the recalled items from Costco.

We did buy one of the recalled items from Target, but nothing from Costco. I went back through a year's worth of receipts and didn't see anything that would match :confused:

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Went to Church Friday afternoon. Picked up Kirkland Allegra, that giant bag of protein powder that's on sale this month, a gyro kit, and a case of Alani Nu energy drinks. Then swung by next door and reloaded on liquor with 3 bottles of Kirkland vodka. Combined total of $150ish. PBUC

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

How much?

$48 in store.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Got an automated phone call from Church saying that the cheese in the Southwest wraps I bought may contain listeria and I should return it if I have any remaining. I bought those wraps in November sooo.... :ohdear:

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Just returned from a mid-afternoon Church visit.

Grabbed a bag of dark chocolate coconut almonds. They are holy gently caress dangerous. Also grabbed a giant thing of laundry detergent, a box of strawberries, a bag of that sweet heat trail mix, and 4lbs of raisin bran. Brought that out to the car and then headed back for 3 bottles of Kirkland vodka. Only the finest liquor for this guy.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

The Midniter posted:

Home Run Inn best frozen pizza.

This goon knows what's up :hfive:. If Church started selling frozen HRI pizzas, I might have to buy a chest freezer

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

tumblr hype man posted:

Picked up all the wine for my wedding at Costco yesterday.

Did not get a hot dog.

I bought all of the liquor for my wedding from Costco ($400ish). Pretty sure the manager said I could return unopened bottles but I thankfully bought just the right amount. Worked out great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Friday afternoon Church visit. Bought 3 bottles of Kirkland vodka, a bottle of the margarita mix, fish oil pills, Kirkland Flonase, dishwasher pods, and impulse purchased this bag of raisin trail mix that is very delicious and will probably be gone before Sunday PBUC