Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Jose Oquendo posted:

I have a 50 year old co-worker who is the pickiest eater and eats nothing but poo poo all day. He loving loves Sam's Club / Costco cafeteria poo poo.

He would go to Sam's all the time and eat their hot dogs or pizza for lunch multiple days a week. Not a bad way to save money but holy gently caress is that stuff not good.

a life like that, perhaps the colorectal cancer is a blessing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there's a costco in town that opened in the past year and i haven't been yet. is it worth buying a membership if i don't really need to buy stuff in bulk and it's far enough out of the way (~25 min drive) that i'd never casually stop in because i was nearby?

i used to go to sam's sometimes using my parents' membership, but there just wasn't much i found there to make the trip worthwhile.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Costco usually has better products than Sam's imo but it doesn't sound like you'd be buying anything anyways? I mean, you could just stop by costco once and walk around to see if theres stuff that you'd actually buy on any kind of regular basis

do they check your membership at the door? i remember sam's used to do this, but eventually they relented and only did it at checkout. not sure which model costco does.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Jaxts posted:

Yeah Costco's fine with going in to check it out before you decide to get a membership. You might like what you see, you might decide it's not worth the trip. If you do decide to get a membership, try to time your Costco runs with when you need to fill your gas tank. Added value!

that probably won't work, i've bought gas exactly 6 times since i bought my car 3 years ago. it's a plugin hybrid with a 7 gallon tank.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you can save even more by shoplifting

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Taping cartons of 60 eggs to my back like John McClane

loss prevention holding you at gunpoint by the exit, but suddenly you start laughing

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i buy the salted olive oil to cook with and unsalted for baking

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i want a stardew valley mod where joja is replaced with costco and pierre / lewis are the villains for denying the blessing of costco

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

to be clear this is my WIFE’S minivan. i have my own cool car but you can’t see it in the photo.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

is there a costco gas station discord where the community rules are posted?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

so nobody is going to link the costco discord here? am i gonna have to find it myself? is this one of those cases where i need to visit the dark web?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

is there a standard costco gas hand gesture, kinda like the jeep thing?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i wear snug fitting mesh boxer briefs and i can't go back, nothing else compares

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the starbucks defense

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

two types of people: the ones who drink nut milk and the ones who drink tit milk

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

is costco a good place for appliances? the freezer half of my refrigerator stopped freezing this week. might try to get it repaired, but it's a 12 year old samsung so i assume this is about as long as it was designed to last before everything dies. replacing it might be the move.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

KakerMix posted:

Your refrigerator only has one thing that cools, so if the fridge part still works but your freezer doesn't then it's going to be a door issue. As in, good chance it's an easy fix.

that was my thought too, but i've felt around for cold air coming out and can't feel any. the gasket around the freezer drawer is old but still seems to seal and has no tears or holes i can find. enabling the power freeze and setting the temperature to the minimum doesn't make a difference, and if there was a slow leak somewhere i would expect that to help. also, i can hear it turn on and off, and it's not running constantly. if it was failing to maintain its set point because of a door issue, i would expect it to run a lot more.

e: if you have any tips for how i should troubleshoot or confirm if it is or isn't something simple like a door gasket, feel free to pm me!

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 5, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

MarxCarl posted:

Short answer is, it's a Samsung, buy a new refrigerator that isn't a Samsung. Long answer, pull the "Cool Select Tray" or whatever they're calling the bottom full width tray in the refrigerator part of the fridge is and see if there is ice on the back wall or underneath the tray, or a big puddle of water. Usually it's all three. Soak the water up and chip the ice off the back inside wall. Samsungs are known to do this. Mine never freeze up to cut off cooling to the bottom section, but I could see it happening. The way to "fix" it is to pull all your food, take it apart, let it thaw out you can use a hairdryer, and then make sure the drip tube in the back cleared out, then run a longer piece of copper wire down it to keep it from freezing.
These cover the normal problem with the Samsung French Door, bottom freezer fridges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwSSMF6Sj70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So1Zf-yIj94

thanks, this is good info!

also, i just it opened up and noticed it started freezing again today and i have ice again for the first time in a week. maybe something really did need to just thaw out. i'll watch the videos and poke around back there.

edit: one of the first things both videos mentioned as an indicator is water buildup in the crisper drawers. i totally forgot, but that happened a couple months ago. there was a week or two where i kept finding water and couldn't figure out where it came from. just figured a water bottle had leaked, and it eventually went away so i never thought more of it. pretty sure i'm on the right track now, thanks again for the advice!

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 6, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm in a regular suburb without any weird liquor laws, and the local costco also closes at 6 pm on saturday and sunday, 8:30 pm all other nights

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i am vegetarian, and don’t eat fish, but i don’t split hairs about soup broth. i won’t use animal stock at home (vegetable stock tastes great in nearly everything), but so many otherwise vegetarian or vegan soups at asian places use pork or fish broth.

i looked at a box of chicken stock at the grocery store years ago and there were like 2 or 3 grams of animal protein per cup. i decided then and there that it just wasn’t worth worrying about the small amount of animal matter from the salty bone juice in soup and soup-adjacent products.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

their life expectancy :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my posts also ripen and sour as they age