Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'm going to get a membership of my very own soon, to purchase some tires, seltzer, and tofu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Orvin posted:

New parishioners might need to have PBUC translated.

Praise
Be
Unto
Costco

Boy I hope I got that right.

I would assume 'peace be upon costco', a reference to the ubiquitous Muslim honorific: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/peace_be_upon_him

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I would dearly appreciate it if Costco added some sort of veggie dog option. I would be going a lot.

Devils Affricate posted:

I've read multiple times that due to some weird quirk of the laws regarding alcohol sales in the US, membership stores like Costco still have to let you in to buy alcohol even if you don't have a membership (as long as that's all you're buying). Has anyone actually tried this? Does it piss off the door guards?

In some jurisdictions I have been to a Costco in, they will have a separate liquor store with a separate entrance, part of the same structure. You did not need a membership.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
hey is jongga with two Gs suitable for vegetarians?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It contains shrimp and anchovy in the ingredients

gutted with two Ts

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
you're speaking to an executive member

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
thinking about the four pounds of butter sitting in my freezer thanks to costco

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Chinatown posted:

salted or unsalted

salted, half organic half grassfed

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
spread some room temperature salted butter across some bread that was just toasted, hth

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

CaptainCrunch posted:

I am interested in the proportions you mix them in.
I suppose it renders the butter spreadable even when fridged?

this is the basic idea behind the spreadable-butter compounds you can buy at many lesser grocery stores. butter plus a more-liquid fat (plus, frequently, a little salt) makes a nice spread straight from the fridge

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the oxidation process is what gets to butter first, and that's unaffected by salt. simply eat the butter quickly enough that no form of spoilage can reach it; I find this very easy

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

PokeJoe posted:

do you guys salt your rice too or?

yes

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the bread of the beautiful man with the large arms and sick freakin guitar, i feel

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i pray that one day the rear-wheel-drive stick shift minivan makes its triumphant return. hell i should just get a previa now

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the kirkland cold brew is really meant to be poured in a glass with ice and milk imho. it's serviceable in that case

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
it's very rare that a cold brew will be enjoyable black tbqh. and i think anyone who puts milk in espresso should be paraded through the streets of rome like the disgraced mayor of a conquered city

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
it just tastes like mud op. i'll take a bitter sour drip any day over excess particulate

granted i do sometimes just chug it plain and it's fine but it's born to have milk in

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
thats like the whole day worth of food brother

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the very fine particulates in coffee are present no matter how you make it and are significantly more present in cold brew. the tradeoff for the lack of bitterness or acidity ('drinkability') is the higher particulate content, which doesn't feel like anything in your mouth, it just tastes kinda muddy. filtering correctly, like any industrial maker will do, typically eliminates more of them but not all.

now, if I have a fundamentally very muddy low-flavor coffee beverage? hit that with milk now i'm drinking coffee flavor milk. love it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
personally i'm bisexual

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I will simply make tea at home and have an espresso or three when I go out. maybe a cb or drip, full of cream, at a diner

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Soul Dentist posted:

What the gently caress do you think a diner will do to espresso or (inshallah) you do to tea at home? You don't have to like it but because you got some dirt in it ain't an excuse to not like it.

Oh my god I'm melting down because somebody can't figure out how to separate phases of matter

the particulate in espresso is good and necessary. i would not trust a diner's espresso. tea doesn't really need to be filtered, a few leaves here and there are no big deal.

agree that you're melting down.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the costco pupusas? with the individually portioned guacamole? they're great folks

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

numberoneposter posted:

Bivalves don't even have eye balls. Clams is rocks with meat inside.

I skip meat and fish and I've never gone out and had clam but yeah it's hard for me to argue against bivalve eating. Apparently they're pretty good for the environment too?

I think one major reason for pescetarianism's enduring popularity might be its association with Christian voluntary dietary restrictions (and, originally, the possible diet of a certain Jewish preacher). It doesn't make a ton of sense in a vacuum because we aren't Roman Levantine peasants.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

fischtick posted:

I got a box of those Kirkland single-serve guacamole things on a whim. I guess they're okay with chips, but I found you can dump one of them on top of my somewhat sad WFH lunchtime turkey sandwich and it really jazzes it up.

It tastes nothing like homemade, obviously, but it's way better than I was expecting. A++ would spread on toast again.

they don't hold a candle to fresh but yeah it's all about making lunch good instead of just okay

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I've had the boba bars before and I gotta say they're pretty weak

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I will sometimes drop by a PCC [fancy seattle grocery co-op] to get, like, cilantro, a few peppers? But everything that Costco actually keeps in stock is top notch. Obliterates the competition, brutally.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

EVG posted:

A little bit of Necromancy but try Toddy coffee. The filter makes it smooooth and no grinds at all. We dilute it with ice water or milk and it's great.

Costco chat: La Colombe nitro brew for special occasions.

On the other hand I could grab a canned middling coldbrew from the work fridge, or walk five minutes to pay a few bucks for kick rear end espresso.

The La Colombes (also from the work fridge) are fine but too sugary. Same with the Sbux "espresso and cream" cans I assume come from Costco too.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
an aeropress and a grinder is literally all the coffee gear you need. instead of getting a better brewing appliance, get a better grinder and a fun mug. maybe a nice kettle if you really want to go wild

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

large hands posted:

I have a baratza conical burr grinder. I don't want an aeropress. I am happy with my new nespresso

i'm happy for you too i was talking to the guy with five coffee makers saying it was worth it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

large hands posted:

I have 6 coffee makers

I'm trembling with rage.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

large hands posted:

I had a vacuum pot at one point but it broke, that thing was pretty cool

never tried one of those before how was the coffee

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

ShowTime posted:

I have an Aeropress and wasn’t a huge fan. Didn’t seem to improve things all that much. Even with freshly ground coffee. I’m at the point now where I’m back to a French press and pre ground coffee. I did the hipster coffee thing for awhile and it was cool, but now I just want a big mug of coffee 4-5 times a day and I don’t wanna work for it.

If you really like french press style coffee where it's, let's say, well done? Yeah that sounds like a perfectly good setup. Fresh grinding and using a more consistent brewer matters a lot more if you like lighter roasts, an inherent sweetness to it, yada yada. An aeropress is just a french press that delivers on the flannel fruity priorities more consistently.

e: Costco is also a much better coffee source for you than for me, congratulations

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

binge crotching posted:

Who wants to deal with making one cup at a time though? I used one for a bit, and pretty quickly gave up because it's a pain to do it every single time you want more coffee. I went back to my 20 year old Krupp drip that goes into an insulated carafe, and just make one pot a day.

I kinda like a fresh cup each time! It's a nice little break from whatever I was doing, and I wouldn't drink a whole pot of coffee in a day.

These days I mostly make a pot of tea at home, and then go for a walk to get espresso if I want coffee. Zero coffee makers is even better than one.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
had to stop buying the almond ice cream bars (which are fully as good as the better known HD version) because a case would disappear at worrying speed. on the other hand it is stonefruit season and i will finish a flat of peaches in like three four days

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
parallel parking when I know someone is going to move within the minute and people are walking around is just not worth it. i'll always wait for the bay to finish and leave together

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
octane isn't real

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I make sure to give my windshield a quick rinse of the wonder solvent, gasoline

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

FilthyImp posted:

Pro tip for all you honkie fucks:
Microwave the tamale.

Add 1tbs oil to a hot pan

fry the tamale

this is my technique with the pupusas, highly recommend, reported for slurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I was very disappointed in the lack of high-index/high-prescription options at Costco.