Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
If you've never looked, check out Costco Next in the app. It's deals at specific stores that you can only get to through Costco.
The klymit deals are decent, and it's good to look through the store list in case there's something you wanted to get anyway, like.a gazebo.

Jorath fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

Blue Moonlight posted:

My Costco has removed half of their self-checkout machines, and of the four remaining last night, they only had two active, and had checkers to drive.

I do not approve. Have them go run normal check stands, there were some that were closed!
Weird. Mine has gone from 6 to 12, so there's never a wait for self-check.
They stopped doing the "show a human your card" thing in only 3 weeks last year. I wonder how many complaints they got about that policy?

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

sexy tiger boobs posted:

About to go to Costco
Say hi to everyone for me.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Seems like many goods (and even categories ie: bread) don't have a 'usual' spot and will be moved around regularly. Is there a plan/design behind those reorgs, or is just 'whelp, no more room for bread here, guess we'll swap this entire aisle with the next one'.
Who makes those decisions?

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
A blog I read (in 2024!) had a story about a Costco trip today:
https://www.waiterrant.net/2024/04/free-samples-are-never-free/

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

Big Mac posted:

Waiterrant is still going? I was thinking about that blog just this weekend. I remembered him being kinda insufferable, and it looks like I was right.
He's always been that way, it's part of the appeal.

He was very quiet for years, but his father dying last month has caused him to ramp up the posting.

His Costco observations are pretty accurate; the sample carts can turn into the scene of a fresh kill on the Serengeti, especially for sweets like chocolate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Just brought home my first whole pizzas. They are too big for my oven unless I smash the boxes a bit.
I made it work, but man, keeping them warm for a few hours did a number on the crust.

Eat when fresh!