Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Rollos posted:

An important thing to note with stuff like this is to always check the price tag. If it has an asterisk it means the product won't be restocked.

If the price ends with 97 cents that's a sign it could be on the way out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

When will Costco open up DC fast charging for EVs? It's not like I'd use them on a day-by-day basis but it would be nice to stop for a slice of pizza while on a road trip.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Buy an EV and you never need to get gas ever.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

CitizenKain posted:

My Costo visa was compromised and I guess I'm not going into Costco until I get my new card. A fun note with that card is when they hot card the credit card, it also makes it stop working as a membership card.

Not even the Costco app could come in clutch in a situation like this?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I miss the chicken caesar salads the food court used to have.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

jisforjosh posted:

I buy the ~$8 chicken salad for a family that's back in the deli area and split it into two lunches.

I'm gonna steal this good idea since there's a Costco less than 10 minutes from my work, thanks.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

i wish costco had cool ranch doritos

i wish doritos mad a nacho cheese/cool range combo

Costco business centers have big boxes of single chip flavors if you’re near one.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

A Costco cooler bag with some freezer packs inside can go a long way.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Wendigee posted:

I got a loving gift card to a gas station today at work. Why did you even bother to participate if that's all the effort you're going to put into it?

You too? They’ve been handing out $100 gas cards to me every month for 9 months now. I drive an EV so I sell it to a coworker for $60.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

$100 a month means a free gas station breakfast burrito per day you utter moron.

I used to do this until they switched to gas only cards. RIP.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I think the returns dept keeps track of the abusers so if you don't do it too often it's not so bad. But getting over $2k for something they'll throw away is pretty lovely.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

That sucks about Yellowfin. I go deep sea fishing with my friends every year to catch some so my freezer's always full of it.

Is red snapper bad too?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

It's cute when New Jersey and Oregoons get proud of the fact they don't know how to operate a gas pump

I wonder if they're gonna have someone to plug in EVs at fast charging stations. This would be kind of cool if it's done charging, and they could move my car before I'm done eating or whatever.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Crusty Nutsack posted:

yeah it's a bullshit PR line about how it's actually about helping customers.

It actually does help customers. My aunt was a receipt checker for Price Club (OG Costco in many places), and the cashiers hated how often she caught their mistakes.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I’ll always be a $2 slice guy, that’s a great price too.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

I was a big fan of the 800 calorie chicken Cesar salad tbh

I miss this so much.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Dang , I was just there yesterday, didn’t think to check. That’s great news!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sure, fresh veggies are better but nothing beats the convenience of tossing some frozen stuff and a splash of water on a wok.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

does it not get too watery when you cook it? that was my experience

Throwing some steamed rice in there at the end kind of helps with that.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah if I remember right it's the... Alpharetta and Dunwoody ones? I've been to both, decent stock.

I'd take the extra hike to go to the Perimeter location but Total Wine has decent prices.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

redshirt posted:

So can I just show up to a Costco and shop, or is there this whole application process?

Gotta be a member, and it's $60 to sign up. There is a Groupon promo that gives you a $30 shop card, though.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

But when I go at like 5:45 on a weekday right after work, or at like one on Sunday after church lets out, it's dead as hell. Is everybody else at my Costco overthinking this too?

Nope. Folks usually stock up on the weekend, so if you go in the evening on a weekday you’re mostly seeing customers getting only a couple things they forgot to get on the weekend.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Sharks are good

That’s my opinion on them.

Agreed. The roller doesn't snag long hair, it owns.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Enos Cabell posted:

As a dude with really long hair and a Shark vacuum, I desperately wish that were true. Still a great vac though, I like it better than the Dyson we had.

My wife and 2 girls have long hair too, no issues here.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I still miss the food court gelato, it was so good.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hed posted:

drat when did this go away? I joined in like 2010 and have never seen gelato.

Apparently they only had 30 locations with gelato. I was lucky to have one nearby!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Korean Costco food courts have calzones, I'm jelly.

Look at this selection, puts American locations to shame.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

pencilhands posted:

why do overseas costcos always have better food courts?

I'm guessing American locations operate on lower margins, and a higher volume of customers. Not sure though!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The Citi card doesn't extend the warranty any more :(

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

From the cursed thread. Obviously blessed.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Imagine turning your nose up to cheap pizza like some loving Michelin critic. You get what you pay for, and this isn't an exception.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Little late to pizza chat but I have an Ooni Karu. Everyone knows neapolitan pizzas are the poo poo, and that little thing pumps them out a minute at a time. I think Costco sells a gas-only Ooni.

edit: spelling

Also, I buy the pizza dough from Costco business center, it's made from New York water!

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 26, 2023

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hed posted:

What’s the pizza dough name / what am I looking for?

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/lamonicas-pizza-dough-balls%2C-30-oz%2C-21-ct.product.11954332.html

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Bitchin' sauce has to be the biggest disappointment this thread gave me. It's too rich, and there's no way I could finish it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Yes my tv comes with a WPA2-PSK decrypter, why do you ask?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I had a pep slice and strawberry fro-yo with strawberries on it for lunch today.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Outside a few staples, I hunt around for stuff that's on sale.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I wish a single tall boy got me tipsy. Maybe a 9%+ one could if I slammed it. What’s worse is I feel like poo poo if I drink a few so it’s hard to find that right spot.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I sometimes go to Costco Business Center when I want to buy a box of my favorite flavor of snacks rather than an assorted one. I love Funyuns. Also, the 35lb bag of pinto beans aren’t always available at the regular Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

what in tarnation

Why are they doing this? Are there really that many customers showing up to the register forgetting their cards?