Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I'm taking a vacation to Iceland for a few weeks and the video in the OP has me considering a membership to use while I'm there. Is there some way to get a deal on the membership while I'm still in Boston? I always forget to get the Groupon promo before it expires.

edit: Oh hey I got $20 gift card for being a vet. I had to argue with customer service for 15 minutes to get them to override it because the website said it worked with basic membership but cockblocked me because it wanted to be new and not a renewal (even though I hadn't renewed in 5 years), while in-store could be a renewal but needed to be executive membership. As friendly as I could muster, I talked them to just gimme the $60 renewal and print me up the drat gift card. Time is money folks!

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Head Bee Guy posted:

Got accosted by a deacon proselytizing the Executive Membership as I was checking out.

When I signed up the other day they were all pushing Executive SUPER hard, like they passed me between 3 different employees all doing these extended, energetic spiels and elevator pitches. I haven't seen salesmanship that aggressive since Gamestop pushing Game Informer Magazine.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Something just occurred to me, did they stop doing combo pizza? I have seen it on the menu in Boston, only cheese/pep.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Motherfuckers! Are you telling me the peppers/onions/olives were breaking the bank but pepperoni is fine?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

jeeves posted:

Yeah killed in COVID along with the $5 huge chicken salad that was honestly a great lunch.

That one I can understand, fresh greens require a lot of logistics and the supply chain is still all hosed up. But the combo pizzas come in frozen for pete's sake.

edit: they ditched Hebrew National for the hotdogs a decade ago?! My whole worldview is shattered.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 29, 2022

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

I don’t think they were frozen

I mean they sold them frozen as standalone if you wanted to cook it at home, I figured they were all like that. I guess they could all arrive refrigerated and then they freeze only the ones that don't go to the foodcourt. I guess that could make it harder to keep the green peppers fresh. But I mean even subway can (kinda) manage.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

This man has never stepped foot into a Costco in his life

I've been in there constantly raiding their membership-free liquor store for my friends (and their pharmacy because they had the good blue Adderall instant generic instead of the lovely time release) but it's been a long time since I had a membership propper.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

They make the pizzas fresh. Like you can legit see them making the pizzas in the back lol

The take and bakes are also fresh and never afaik frozen.

Oh that could be, maybe my brain sees an uncooked pizza in a box and defaults to "frozen pizza" because I've never seen just a refrigerated pizza sold outside Costco.

I could only see them putting parmesan shreds on top of the chicken bakes while I was waiting today, I saw no pizza assembly.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Gaius Marius posted:

They don't have Papa Murphy's where you are

Never heard of it, and yes I agree they use too much cheese, only time in my life I've seen the plain cheese have substantially more calories than plain pepperoni. Texture-wise it feels like a layer of silly putty twice as thick as the crust that you're trying to bite through. In any event they're still kinda like 7/11 pizzas in that they're all great while warm but the crust gets really miserable once they cool down. A few of the only pizzas I don't like cold.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

:confused: Walmart and basically every grocery store in my area has just their store branded refrigerated take and bake pizza around the bakery areas.

I've never seen anything like that, never heard of take&bake in my life and I'm an '02 goon. Maybe it's a West Coast thing? I've heard of wake&bake but that's it.

edit: like if I wanted to do a pizza at home I've only ever seen frozen pizzas or the Boboli's refrigerated pizza crust and then I have to track down sauce/cheese.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 29, 2022

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Truant posted:

You absolutely have, I saw them in all the different grocery stores in Boston

Welp guess I'm oblivious then, not gonna gainsay a dunkin' gangtag.

Gaius Marius posted:

Break the lock and put it on self clean

That's brilliant...

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Jesus christ, for some reason my allergies have been going nuts the past couple days, couldn't even sleep

save me, winix air purifier pls

e:lol I set it up in my room and the light turned red and started pumping air, do your thing little buddy

No "air purifier" deal is gonna do as good of a job as just buying a $20 box fan and taping a same-size MERV filter to it. They push many times the volume of air and the filter has many times the surface area to catch poo poo, at a fraction of the price.

Also my BF just got an allergy test a couple days ago, he didn't know he's super sensitive to dust mites apparently. Dunno if there's a Costco fix for that.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna buy the hotdog, drive to 7-11, and add the free chili and cheese from the dispenser.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

A new superhero to equal Angle Grinder Man, Onion Grinder Woman roams from Costco to Costco with her trusty stainless contraption, dispensing onions and justice. Corporate bean-counting villains will cry out for mercy.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Soul Dentist posted:

When I was in college we drunkenly dared a buddy to fill a Big Gulp from the push chili dispenser at 7-11. The attendant got upset and then confused when we tried to pay for it. He rang us up for a hot dog and told us to get out. My buddy got halfway through (through the straw!) before he puked

When I was poor I would fill the 7-11 coffee with 1% coffee and 99% Light Cream because it was 3 times cheaper than buying that much cream (only if I knew I was at a corporate 7-11 and not a franchisee)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I got a free upgrade the other day, the soda fountains were broken so they were tossing everyone canned pepsi with each hotdog instead.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

schreibs posted:

with refill???

Ah gently caress, I could have kept chugging the cans and deposited them all to make money, what a fool I am.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Wouldn’t be an issue if you had a bidet.

idgaf what I use now and it’s liberating.

Hmm... Costco does have a bidet: https://www.costco.com/toto-washlet-bidet-seat.product.100973005.html

But Amazon seems to have the same exact one for cheaper? Does Costco price match Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/TOTO-WASHLET-Electronic-SoftClose-Elongated/dp/B09JV3PWNT

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of covid, my VA said they would not have the variant booster for another week, yet the Costco pharmacy today had my choice of either Pfizer or Moderna Bivalents. I went with Moderna because my 3rd Pfizer gave me heart palpitations that took months to clear up. There was also no line ahead of me, and you don't need a membership obviously.

Yeah it's a meme from a page back, some old jew was understandably upset
VVV

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 6, 2022

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm not going to probe this, but be more careful with your phrasing. The TikTok account had a name close to this, so I'm just putting in a warning here, but even had you used the name of the account verbatim it would still be iffy.

oh yeah sorry, it didn't even click to me that anyone would interpret that as sinister, but I see it now.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I'm at the Reykjavik Costco and let's see here...

- Onions for the hotdog
- Combo Pizza Slice with BBQ Chicken instead of other meat (even better than normal combo IMO)
- Cheeseburger (pricey though, was nearly 5x the $2 hotdog)
- no $4 soft serve, instead you get $4 gelato with a waffle cone

The only thing that was a little weird is literally no Italian sausage in the whole building, but other than that, kicking the poo poo outta the US Costcos.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Does Costco carry any good innerspring mattresses? I despise foam and/or hybrid mattresses, they sleep mega-hot regardless of any holes they punch through them or whatever.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Wendigee posted:

Chef John is annoying 😈

I just brought him up in comparison to the even more annoying “Saffron Olive” in the Magic the Gathering Arena thread. They are both doing the sing-song thing but Saffron is more extra and nasally. Can’t believe even in that thread there was Chef John Voice Defenders lurking.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Renegret posted:

Chef John is perfect in every way I will die on this hill

Yeah my boyfriend loves him too. He also loves pop Christmas music in the off season.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Wendigee posted:

Oh so he's insufferable?

He’s an angel but yes some of his tastes are horrific, take me for example.

edit: we both love Costco though! The couple that saves together stays together.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Soul Dentist posted:

The eggs are basically free. Don't get tricked into paying more for brown shells

This jingle can't be wrong, I've had it stuck in my head since 1994

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmR7bN-mrs4

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I'm all about Kayem hotdogs which are also natural casing. Costco's wiener game is weak outside of the food court; they don't have Kayem in New England like all the supermarkets do, and the one I was at in Iceland didn't even have sausages of any kind!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Is there some horrible flaw to the Kitchenaid stand mixer that is $100 off right now?

The flaw is you’re never going to use that loving thing. Cheap refurb models are like an evergreen item on Overstock.com

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
My boyfriend got the Costco moderna bivalent covid vaccine with me before we traveled, and he caught covid for the first time 2 weeks later. He only noticed because we took tests after traveling and he was red hot multiple times. No symptoms whatsoever for weeks now, no cough, no sniffles, late 30's, didn't give it to me.

Costco is Life.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
You all told me the innerspring mattresses were in the back of the Costco! They don't have poo poo! It's foam all the way down, this sucks!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

At least get a slice to make your visit worth while

And get a loving kitchen aid god damnit. If you can afford it and have room for it. It the best. Once you buy it home made sausages or ice cream is only a low low price of $100 away at any given time :getin:

I did get a slice, I will not get a KitchenAIDS

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

bird with big dick posted:

Have you noticed any pericarditis or changes in his fertility?

Funny you mention that, none of the shots nor Covid bothered him, but my 3rd vaccine (Pfizer) gave me heart inflammation with an early heart beat once or twice per minute for a few months before it cleared up (confirmed it on a heart monitor I had to wear, so it wasn’t my imagination). The 4th shot which was the Costco Moderna bivalent did nothing of the sort to me.

As for his fertility, he’s been trying his damndest to get me pregnant with no success. I’m too polite to remind him that we’re both dudes.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
The Costco Irish Creme is so godlike if you drink coffee, it’s a giant jug of grass-fed cream that never expires because of the alcohol. They have Bailey’s next to it and it’s $50 for the Bailey’s and $14 for the Costco. Many reviews put the Costco brand as tasting better. I wouldn’t know, I’m a teetotaler with the sole exception of a dash of the creme each morning.

Edit: and in many states you don’t need a membership for it so grab a couple jugs!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

MrQwerty posted:

gotta get me some of that jamon

:moonrio::moonrio::moonrio:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Smugworth posted:

Jongga (the one with two "g"s) comes with the wide mouth jar so you can shovel more down your gullet at once

This is the weirdest gimmick I’ve ever seen. Is there a doppelgänger of you who’s this deranged about sauerkraut?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Soggy Muffin posted:

I feel like a villain when I use my expired member ship card to bypass door checkers to get to the holy hot dogs

Do you people not just walk in from the exit? I did that back when I had no card to go to the food court / pharmacy / buy beer for friends, but now that I have a card again I still go in that way and cross backwards through the registers, way faster because I don't have to show the card on the way in. Just walk with purpose.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My local Costco has people watching the exit now, too, so you'd have to get lucky to sneak in that way. That started when they made the food court require a membership card - they didn't used to seem to care.

Wait what? The food court requiring membership? Mine doesn't and I've never heard of that before.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It might not be something strictly enforced at every store, but it's been in place here for the last year or two.

https://people.com/food/costcos-food-court-membership/

That's insane to me, like the food court is what got me thinking to get a membership in the first place. Well they definitely don't have that, or checking cards at the exit, in Boston.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

theyre not even korean, too, lol

The best Korean groceries is the spicy squid rings at H Mart and I’m pretty confident Costco has nothing like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Soggy Muffin posted:

They always have 2 receipt checkers that also ask for card if you walk into exit. When I had no card one of them chased me down like 100 feet when I acted like I was on cell phone

I have never had a receipt checker ask me for a card in dozens of visits, I think they’re instructed not to at mine. Plus they’re way too swamped with actually checking receipts for that, I’ve only ever seen a single receipt checker at a time.