Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi is phenomenal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kaddish posted:

Btichin sauce is divisive, however.

It's not very good but my wife likes it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Please note that this thread has been explicitly rebooted to be a safe space for the discussion of the various brands of kimchi sold by Costco. Please feel free to share your thoughts but don't forget to identify the kimchi brand sold by your local Costco! Some are good (Jongga (the one with two "g"s)) and some are bad. Happy kimchi'ing everyone!

Smugworth posted:

Hello moderators, I would like the Costco mega thread to be rebooted so that the various brands of kimchi sold at costco can be discussed openly and honestly

TIA

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

I've never had kimchi but I've always wanted to. Is Costco kimchi authentic? Has it been buried underground for a long time?

Kimchi is so good and savory
They say it's even good for you
Something about probiotics
Just eat it right out of the jar
You'll see
Get Jongga (the one with two "g"s)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This brand Nasoya is also quite good, very similar to Jongga (the one with two "g"s) but sold in smaller jars that I have not seen at Costco. Apologies if non-Costco product discussion is forbidden

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

dude shut the gently caress up about kimchi!!!

dang!!!

I can't

Please respect the kimchi discussion safe space

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

kimchi itself, the path to it not becoming halal would be if they add too much sugar and alcohol forms. hansung is tested to make sure that this isn't the case, the other kimchi manufacturers don't bother

How much Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi should I eat if I want to get drunk?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

binge crotching posted:

Costco kimchi, with ketchup and mustard mixed in to a pile of onions.

:haibrower:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

tango alpha delta posted:

holy gently caress enjoy your gout/kidney stones i guess.

more like tango beta delta

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Don't forget to pick up some Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

thinking of going to costco

anyone want anything

2 x Jongga (the one with two "g"s) kimchi, please

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Anybody tried the new Tajín flavored kimchi?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

Great news everybody!

Loving the new packaging, let us know how the flavor is! Sometimes I find that if it gets a month or two extra in the fridge it tastes even better.

Don't forget to poke a hole in the lid

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Fashionably Great posted:

I'm in maintenance mode now/very slow continued weight loss after dropping 115 pounds and the thing I've learned from surgery and losing weight is that diet food sucks. I'd rather have a single unhealthy enchilada with the same number of calories of 3 lovely diet ones, no matter how much healthier the diet version might be.

Here's a little jingle that may help you op:

🎵🎶
Kimchi is a delicious low calorie treat
when you're trying to watch what you eat!
Try Jongga!
The one with two "g"s!
🎶🎵

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My Costco family, I come to you bearing grave news. I could not make it to the church yesterday and had to refill my kimchi fridge yesterday with what was available at my other local grocer.

It was not Jongga (the one with two "g"s), the brand we all love and trust. Or even Nasoya, my go-to before I discovered the glorious perfection that is Jongga.

No, it was "Cleveland Kimchi", and you guessed it folks, it fuckin blows.

Besides ostensibly originating in Cleveland loving Ohio, the "probiotic" branding is a dead giveaway that this kimchi is more like crapchi.

Might be good on a $1.50 hotdog, it's more kraut than kimchi.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the problem with vegan kimchi is that it unfortunately fuckin sucks

gently caress, I didn't even notice it was vegan
gently caress gently caress gently caress

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Is there anything you vegans won't ruin

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pentyne posted:

Nothing fermented that is sold in a plastic bag can be good.

I added a little gochujang, sriracha, pickled jalapenos, and MSG, and it was a lot better

e: still no Jongga (the one with two "g"s)

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 11, 2022

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

So the first kimchi I bought a while ago is really coming into its own now surprisingly. It's nearing it's expiry date but those are for pussies.

The jongga is already good right off the bat so I can only imagine it's gonna get even better in a few weeks time.

This is the way
:haibrower::respek::haibrower:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

slurm posted:

Kevin is from Cleveland

loving Cleveland

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Peckersniff is a bug

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint shops at Sam's Club

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Horn of Arby's posted:

I have non jongga Costco kimchi and it tastes like I'll be returning it. :smith:

This is tragic and my heart is breaking for you. Do you have a GoFundMe, friend? How can we get the correct kimchi (Jongga (the one with two "g"s)) to you?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Psion posted:

I saw an entire endcap chest full of jongga kimchi and asked myself "okay but how do I explain Smugworth to my partner" and just declined to mention this, sorry buddy

Friend, I don't need the credit. Just enjoy the kimchi.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Blue Moonlight posted:

They bite, be careful.

We went yesterday, and I had to check and see.

Plenty of Jongga (the one with two “g”s) in stock!

Whoa

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What kind of kimchi do you think S**'s C**b carries

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nocheez posted:

I drive a hybrid, and when you pull up to the gas pump you hit the button to open the fuel door and the car engine stays off while you refuel. The Costco attendant today made himself look really dumb and had me shut my car off in 90 degree heat with my 2 young children inside. I explained it was on battery and not running but he insisted.

It was just so loving stupid and I don't have the energy to argue with idiots anymore.

What brand of kimchi did you get

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

My diocese picked up kimchi (finally) but it's the god drat lovely brand with not a "g" in sight. Also I ordered a slice of pep and the food court dude gave me one off an obviously older inferior pie (while there were four slices of fresh pep just chilling). My faith is shaken. Somebody post a deal

:pressf:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

How does Butt Rub taste on kimchi

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

On sale, pbuc

We're gonna need a mini fridge

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

skipdogg posted:

Going to Church tonight, I'll give the Jongga a try since it's on sale.

Blessed be

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Always appreciate your knowledge of Korean things, bob dobbs (the one with four "b"s)

:c00l::respek::c00l:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You could put a lot of kimchi jars on that badboy but you should really refrigerate them

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just eat it out of the jar with a fork you fool

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jongga (the one with two "g"s)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hell yeah Spinz

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint buys extra large bags of Cleveland "kimchi" from Sam's Club and just stores them on the kitchen counter at room temperature

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The kimchi pies are exquisite if your CostCo carries the one with two "g"s

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Count the "g"s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kaddish posted:

I mean, loads of people actually don't find it annoying. He isn't one of the most popular YouTube chefs strictly for his recipes, which are admittedly great.

Let the sticks in the mud have have masaokis for their YouTube chef