Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
A bit late to the kimchi grilled cheese discussion, but can confirm it is amazing. Kenji has a recipe on serious eats, so you know its gonna be good: https://www.seriouseats.com/grilled-cheese-with-kimchi-recipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

SirPablo posted:

Also I bought one of the huge pork loins on sale, need to figure out how to cook all that. I'm thinking slow in the pressure cooker?

regular pork loin (not tenderloin) kinda sucks for slow cooking tbh, i find the best use is to either butterfly and pound out into schnitzel or brine and cook it as a roast of some sort.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

death cob for cutie posted:

so I'm preparing to do my first costco run - can I just get a membership right in the store, or do I need to get it online first? I know I can get it first online and then get the physical card in-store, but can I just do it all there?

I'm not really much of a kitchen person, but if there's no other solids in the soup, would an immersion blender work?

There is an online deal now for 30bux as a gift card when you buy a gold memberhsip, for some reason through Gamespots online deals store??? (which i didn't even know was a thing)

https://deals.gamespot.com/sales/costco-1-year-gold-star-membership-30-costco-card

Times must be tough for ripping off people on used games now that everything is digital, gotta diversify.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

ShowTime posted:

My Costco appears to have just gotten some, or at least they appear to have. It's the Nina brand, right? The can says from the San Marzano region. I'm gonna get a pack and see about making my own sauce.

Edit: btw, does the tomato sauce freeze well? Or store well in the fridge? That's my main issue with not making my own sauce, I only use a little at a time.

Yes tomato sauce freezes very well, I always make a big batch and then portion it out into plastic containers with snap on lids. Just don't try to freeze a glass jar, obviously.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

MarcusSA posted:

I feel like I need more information on the smoking of the cream cheese here. Do I just throw the block on the grill and hope for the best??

Most people use foil or a cast iron skillet and not just directly on the smoker, you can also rub it with dry rub before you throw it on but otherwise yeah just the whole drat brick.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I just go at 7pm on a weekday and it is all the parking you could ask for, no lines at the self checkout, and maybe have to wait to get gas but not a huge line. Only downside is no samples, but small price to pay.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
To further this derail, caesar supposedly did not have anchovies, but who knows and anchovies make everything better anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQJkasR3Iak
Also it is a boring rear end salad and the croutons are the best part

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I worked at Sam's Club as a teenager (loving forever ago) and it was awful and I assume just as bad as working at walmart itself tho probs with slightly better pay, had to do the corporate team building bullshit every shift start and ugh. I started as night stock and they let my dumb 18 year old rear end drive the forklift while having zero training or any idea what I was doing, I'm amazed I never killed myself/someone else. I then switched to working the cigarette cage where i sold cartons to Chaldean who owned liquor stores/gas stations and just listened to my radio and smoked weed all day and that was pretty sweet. I never shopped at any walmart anything after that point.

I can get a free Sam's Club membership via work but still pay for my Costco card every year instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

Brother Tadger posted:

Speaking of which; anyone tried the Kirkland Orange cognac? It’s about :10bux: cheaper than Grand Marnier for a 750ml bottle and was wondering if I can safely switch for my margaritas/sidecars

E. Also, the big bottle of corralejo reposado is where it’s at quality/price-wise imo

I like it, its very close to grand marnier, especially in a margarita. I don't think I would be able to tell the difference unless maaaaybe tasting them side by side. Plus you can't beat the price. The only place I could see it being worth the real deal is if you are drinking it neat like some sort of weirdo.