Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Note: if your Costco credit card has been canceled due to fraud, it will not work at the gas station simply to verify your membership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

There are a number of cured meats where that coating of mold is on purpose.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It does now.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ancient Grains is good, but that's because it's full of sugar.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gonna get a car battery.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My kids got sketchers and their feet stink really bad now, worse than any other shoe they've had.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Comfortador posted:

I will. Slap your faces. With a leather glove. And challenge. You all. To a duel. Insulting. Chef John. Is unacceptable.

Ftfy

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/mikeyil/status/1586585411576635392?t=m_2EhhdCPj-HZLM9027aOg&s=19

He must be initiated in the ways.

quote:

Many commenters wanted to know if you’ve tried a Costco chicken?
I haven’t, I don’t have a membership. But if someone brings me one I’m happy to try it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Are we into full holiday season mode at Costco now? It's 3:30 in the afternoon on the Thursday and it's packed like a Saturday morning.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oFVtX8abFY

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

In 2016 Honda offered $500 off on a Pilot with Costco pricing. We ended up getting a Ford Edge not through Costco because the dealer gave us $6500 off. In 2019 I got $9000 off a Chevy Colorado just by emailing every dealer within two hours.

Post COVID car prices are mental. I wouldn't buy a domestic brand because they no longer discount. If you can buy a foreign brand for MSRP, you're better off because they never really discounted much in the first place.

I need a new mattress. I've got a 13 year old Stearns and Foster inner spring mattress, which is honestly still holding up great in my opinion. Probably moving up to a king from the queen.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Midniter posted:

I don't know, a few months ago we bought a Ford Explorer for a little under MSRP because every import dealer around here not only wouldn't discount but was putting $6k-10k market adjustments on the stickers of pretty much everything on the lot (of which there was not much).

I guess the chip shortage is mostly remedied now but it'll take some time for dealer inventories to catch up, so caveat emptor.

"Market adjustments" are some bullshit. Why do we eve have a society at all?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I really like how the Awful App cut off this thread title because it would totally be true if Costco sold it!

It's great. It's crack. It gets you really high.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This pie is $20.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I don't know why this made national news, it happens every dollar dog night. I've had firsthand experience with many of these over the years. The lines for the dollar dogs are so long that people buy 20 at a time out of frustration.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just got a 32 oz tub of queso for $0.97

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'd rather just not eat.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I have two Shark vacuums and they're great.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ancient Grains was gone for a couple months. Now it's back and giving me horrible gas. New ingredients? New supplier?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

does it have quinoa in it? quinoa can occasionally come with extra saponins which can make you rip rear end like crazy

Sure does, but I hadn't had any issues with it in the past.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Why is the Choice beef at Costco better than the Prime beef at any other grocery store?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If I have a complaint about Costco, it's that they put their season-related items 4 months before the season.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Renegret posted:

And more specifically, it's all sold out before the season even starts

Planning ahead is not my strong suit. By the time I decide what backyard poo poo I need for the season, it's gone

It's still 90 degrees in socal, I won't need flannel until February.

Also it's hard to gauge in July how much my kid is going to outgrow his Halloween costume by October.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DeusIgnis posted:

I swear, Costco intentionally designs their parking lots so poorly. It’s always like a mad chaos just to get a parking spot.

It's not the design, its the people who don't just park at available spots, and instead stop in the middle of the lane waiting for someone to load up their car.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

About 50% of the time these wines that go on sale are sour. The $10 down to $5 Hook or Crook usually tastes better than these $20 bottles that go on sale for $10.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco on Heather Ridge in Laguna Niguel is doing a soft opening of their renovated gas station and selling gas at an extremely discounted $4.99 today only, which is insanely expensive if you live anywhere but Laguna Niguel.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Inflation hit these Lego ad ent calendars hard.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Around my wife's birthday, she received a set of pots and pans in the mail from costco.com. There was no note with it or anything indicating who it was from. We put the word out on Facebook and no one claimed it.

She called up Costco and they could not find the order and could not determine who sent it. They asked us to go to Costco and have someone at the store look it up.

The clerk at the store was baffled. They said that the order number was not a real order number and they have no idea where it came from. They're investigating to find out who or where it's from. The shipping label clearly says costco.com, but it is a mystery.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco finished their investigation and has no idea where it came from, and we get to keep the set of Anolon non-stick pots and pans.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Can I call in a pizza order a day ahead of time?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco cancels Christmas

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hire more food court staff, you cowards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bucksmash posted:

I never thought to check Costco for car rentals, and now my car rental this upcoming October when visiting inlaws is going to be $400 less than what I paid last year

PBUC

You have free cancellation anytime with Costco, so you can keep checking as the date approaches for even better prices.