Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Yes, they are far and away the least gristle-y frozen chicken bits I’ve ever had. They cook up really well in an air fryer and are in fact lightly breaded instead of 80% breading/20% chicken like most popcorn chicken.

I only eat 3-4 of the bits at a time in a meal, so the high cost doesn’t bother me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
We refer to those as Desperation Pizzas in our house. They're fine for a $3.50 meal for 2 when we're both exhausted and don't want to think about dinner or expend literally any effort on it.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I don't know what kind of dry rear end pizza dough y'all are making, but my kitchen aid does just fine with the mixing and kneading on the correct setting. I always do the very end of kneading by hand because you can feel it when it moves from tiny lumps to smooth and elastic.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I already regret only buying one flannel this year when they first appeared.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I went today and saw but did not purchase the trident fish sticks. Maybe your regional center is just backordered right now.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Bird flu is disproportionately affecting laying hens as opposed to birds raised to be meat.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Well yes, but that’s the reason egg prices are so high and places are running out of stock while the $5 rotisserie endures.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
They’re having to accept lower quality standards because the Californian broccoli pull for December was hit hard by pesticide resistant worms. Those mixes get lower quality than just florets. It effected everyone, but Taylor Farms has such a big share of the bagged market that they don’t have to worry much about a hit to their reputation.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What are you, some kind of bagged salad expert

LOL, I work at a wholesale produce broker where my boss specializes in broccoli. It hit $30/case near Christmas and it's usually $7-9, so those worms were a major topic of conversation.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
It’s called pin rot, it looks gross and is an inspection fault but just scrape it a little with your fingernail and it’ll come off. Cauliflower is made up of bunches of tiny flower buds and those are just the oldest ones buds shriveling up like any cut flower.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Death cob, I also live in Chicago and definitely get $60 of utility per year out of my membership. If you use allergy meds at all, Costco is hands down the cheapest option. Eggs, whole bean coffee, flour, sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder if you bake at all, the chicken, meat (vacuum seal into single meal portions and freeze), shrimp, fish, liquor, wine.

The key is resisting buying anything in huge packages that can’t be easily processed into single meal amounts. I buy steak once a year now, same with ground beef. Things that I’ve noticed aren’t worth getting in large quantities are things that will either stale fast or frozen vegetable mixes- they tend to freezer burn relatively fast in my garbage apartment freezer.

The nice thing about living so close is that you don’t need to buy everything at once. I live on the north side and both the Clybourne and Niles stores are about 40 minutes of driving so I always go out to Niles and do any suburban errands I’ve built up.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Should I be putting my last remaining unopened bottle from before I got lasered on eBay and cashing in?

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
They have them at Niles, or if you’re feeling spicy take a ride down to the business center in La Grange and get the 6lb cans for $5 each.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Josh Lyman posted:

How are robovacs with rugs? My bedroom is carpeted so I expect it wouldn't work there, but the rest of my living space is hardwood with low pile rugs.

Good for maintainance if you run a few times/week but you'll still need to vacuum it with a real vacuum every now and then, especially if you have a hair generating resident like a cat or a long haired person. If there are tassels on the rugs they can get caught up but not as much as the first generation robovacs.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
It depends on how dedicated you are to running it and emptying. My brother has 4 people and 2 shedd-y dogs in his house and almost never really vacuums. He has a whole map program setup where it does the common rooms, recharges and empties, then does one bedroom every day. Mine is hope my partner runs it at least once a week and do the entire apartment manually every other week.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Freeze the bagels, pull them out overnight to thaw, then toast as normal. This goes for most baked goods-they freeze well but get immediately stale in the fridge.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Return it so they know they suck

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Protip: Dissolve the better than bouillon in some boiling water with one of those little milk frothers- no grit at all!

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
My partner also has sleepy noise needs and he loves these Bluetooth headbands like this. He says they're super comfy and I can't hear them, which is great because his old solution was playing ebooks read out loud on an iPad that drove me crazy.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

iroc.dis posted:

Specifically, King Arthur brand flour. Last year my home-baker spouse was ecstatic when she found Costco carried that brand, as it's one of the best for baked goods. When it ran out recently, we went back to get more and found its been replaced by some garbage brand of flour :sad:

It must just be your locations, because I recently bought a giant KA bag of AP flour at mine in Chicago.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I have a Shark (purchased at Costco) and love it. No hair wrap! Do you know how many years I've been razor blading my long hair off of vacuum brushes?

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Fitzy Fitz posted:

.......what?!?!!?

It advertised a self-cleaning brushroll AND IT ACTUALLY IS. Mine’s this guy, but there are newer models.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I cook the motor city pizzas in my Ninja convection toaster over/air fryer all the time. They come out fine and I can turn the little broiler on at the end.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
The Nonni's biscotti got new packaging! It's in a more pallet - friendly box instead of the plastic bin now. At my Costco they moved it to an aisle from the endcap snack zone.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I have long hair and a Shark and, as advertised, it gets 0 hair wrap.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

B33rChiller posted:

That xmas piano took 10 minutes to finangle into a Nissan versa. It ended up buckled into a fully reclined passenger seat.
Could probably strap a TV down flat to the roof. Bring a tarp, or shop on a sunny day.

This is how I transported my full keyboard for years in my Civic, until I upgraded to a Honda Fit.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Unless you do a lot of business travel, those travel rewards cards are rarely worth the mental energy it takes to juggle a bunch of different cards.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Johnny Truant posted:

those cheese pizzas are fine, lol

their pep is better, though

We call those Desperation Pizza because you can have food in your mouth in 15 minutes for $3.50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I have a Shark Navigator from Costco and I love it. It advertised no hair wrapping around its main beater brush and it is really true. I have a shorthair cat who seemingly buds off an entire new cat in fur each week and it doesn’t get clogged by her, either. It has a bunch of configurations and all of them have worked well for me. It’s a bagless with washable foam filter, though, so if you have crazy allergies and need a HEPA ymmv.