Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hollismason posted:

I'm not going to spend 3K a year.

famous last words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Renegret posted:

Just got back from Costco.

They started putting out the autumn displays, which included two redneck skeletons playing the banjo.

I was able to hear that poo poo from across the entire store. Just, William Tell and dueling banjos for a solid hour.

I bought those dudes a few years ago, they rule.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I made it to Costco, put 11 gallons of gas in my car, and made it back to work in a 30 min window. PBUC

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Straight black cold brew is the loving best, but the cans are a waste of money. It is soooo easy to make yourself.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

oh sweet thank you!!

They are on sale in store right now

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Impulse bought those mini stroopwaffels that come in the individual serving size packs since they were on sale. Big mistake, they are pretty terrible. I'll ditch them in the breakroom at work.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

My 3 year old nephew is hugely into Monster Jam, so I had to snag these when I saw them. I'm sure he's going to have a blast watching me build them all myself

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Not saying you guys are wrong, but how are they pinching you? I've been using a few probably every other day for a few years now and haven't managed to pinch myself once. Now that I typed that I'll probably draw blood later today though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Communion was on point today

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

All this talk of chicken nuggets and nobody has posted the best ones, smdh

These things loving rule

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah wtf i've never seen these at the Seattle costco. They used to carry field roast sausages though.

Crazy, this is in the heart of beef country Nebraska so I'm surprised it's not widespread everywhere else. Pretty reasonable too at I think ~$11 for a 2lb bag

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm not usually that hungry

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Barry posted:

I have been drinking craft beer since the late 90s (referred to as microbrews back then), have been through every trend ever and nowadays I just buy 30 racks of Coors Light from Costco and call it a day. gently caress it.

If you've completely given up on life like this, it's cheaper to just piss in your own mouth.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Coors always ranked below crap like Busch Light or Old Milwaukee to my taste buds, only time I ever found it drinkable was on the brewery tour in Golden, CO on a 100+ degree day. I was a Pabst guy in my cheap beer days, but also switched to craft stuff in the late 90s. In the 20 years since then probably a dozen local breweries have popped up, and some killer local-ish regionals like Toppling Goliath, so I'd rather give money to them for a truly great beer. I drink fewer than 4 a week on average now, and I like to try new stuff, so the $15-25 4 packs are good for me.

Costco does have a decent Lagunitas IPA in stock most times, which is my keep on hand in the garage fridge beer (along with Miller High Life).

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Blessed day

We never got the single barrel last year

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

You still didn't :eng101: It's a different barrel! Let me know how it is

I'm not great at describing whiskey flavors, but I can say it's REAL GOOD tm. Incredibly smooth for a 120 proof liquor. I might actually prefer the bottled in bond, but I haven't had enough yet to say for sure.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

FCKGW posted:

Costco has the full size candy bars on sale next month if you wanna be king poo poo of your neighborhood this Halloween.

We're gonna try the little Rice Krispie treats that come in a box of 60 for $10 this year.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Can get them in pretty much every grocery store in my great plains state. I think all of the Papa Murphys here closed though.

Not a big fan of take and bake anyway, home ovens aren't as hot as pizza ovens.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Break the lock and put it on self clean

ok this is good

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Onion people are starting to get strong Rick and Morty Szechuan Sauce vibes, it's not a chill look.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I added an outlet in the vanity cabinet so we could hook up our fancy butt washer. It's not very hard if you are handy at all.

Speaking of Mr. Sparkle, we got ours from Costco in Nov 2019 on a pretty great sale (Bio Bidet 6800 for ~$200) and my goony rear end finally overpowered the seat and broke one of the hinges. Had a brief moment of panic when I saw that normal prices are $400+, but going back to wiping with paper like a heathen is right out. Fortunately BioBidet has a 3 year warranty, and I got a real human on the first ring and they are sending out a replacement. Makes me glad that Costco only deals with reputable companies (afaik anyway).

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

ShowTime posted:

Close. RealGood. They are keto, but also garbage as is basically everything else by that company. I did decide to buy some bacon wrapped cheese stuffed chicken breasts they put out on sale at my local Costco. I figured at $4 off, for under $10, i'll give them 1 more shot.

If they ruin chicken + bacon + cheese, they really have no reason to be a company.

I thought those bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts were good. The enchiladas were def garbage though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

Yeah all the other stuff is just generic trash. The bourbon was bottled in bond (or single barrel) and made by folks twenty minutes away from me. Kentucky already has one extractive industry! Don't make bourbon the same!

E: I post a lot about the bourbon in the thread! Don't read my post history! I'm not mad!

I've got 4-6 bottles each of the small batch, bottled in bond, and single barrel. It's like all I want to drink now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

All the stupid regional liquor laws never cease to crack me up. Next door to CO in NE I can go pick up a shopping cart full of whiskey at 6am on a Sunday morning at my local grocery store.

Ya'll have weed stores though

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

Too beautiful for words...

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I wish Costco carried as much cat stuff as they do dog stuff. My dog is elderly and no longer enjoys playing with toys, but my new kitty has an unceasing appetite for new things to destroy.

cat tax:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I bought a cat tree at costco, my cats love it.

Cat tree is definitely her favorite thing! I've had this one forever, but I really liked the ones I've seen at Costco.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah those are on the naughty list for being too good. Seems like a few years ago they were on sale every other week too, the bastards.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

So we mixed it up this year and got a few boxes of the 60 Rice Krispie treats and handed those out. They were a huge hit! Good change of pace from all the chocolate.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I inherited the tilt-head KitchenAid that my mom got as a wedding gift in 1972. She used it almost every day until gifting it to me about 20 years ago once she finally upgraded to a more professional model. I only use it once a week, but it still works like a champ.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

Samples are for non-executive members who don't already know what they want

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

Kirkland hard seltzer is actually bad

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Whooping Crabs posted:

Imagine the burps a Costco hot dog topped with chili made of Costco hot dogs would give you

Last fall I made chili with smoked brisket, and you best believe I smothered a Costco dog with it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They had the huge wreaths but not poinsettias when I was there earlier this week.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

now imagine living in a Costco Dessert mmmmmm

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It gets marked down to $50 here for the past few years and still shows back up at normal price the next year. I got one last year at $50 and thought it was pretty overrated tbh. Took it to several holiday parties and still ended up pitching about half of it, won't be buying again.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

If you sign in on the website you can get a full order history of all your in store purchases. Can print out the invoice from there or just pull it up on your phone and they can do it that way.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

BigHead posted:

The person at the return desk has your history right there, so no need to do anything just bring in the pile of scraps in a tote bag and hand it over. I did this with an old Netgear router when they (Netgear) pushed out an update that bricked my model, it was no problem.

This is true, but last time I did this the lady let me know she was very happy I had it ready to go and she didn't have to search through my order history. Probably not as big of a deal if you know it was on your last trip in, very different story when you are returning something from 6 months and 30+ trips ago.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

Also in other news I learned the life hack of pre-counting your cans and bottles and just going straight to the desk with it. People at my local church are so loving bad at using can return machines

I'm kinda confused by this, what cans and bottles are you returning? Can return machines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

Gathering that you don't live in a redemption state

hah, apparently not