Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
My church has more Christmas stuff out than Halloween stuff. Shameful

Edit: unsalted butter supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Unsalted is for baking. Salted is for cooking.

Why would I want a corporation to decide the amount of salt (and not tell me) when cooking?

That's like using Spiced Rum instead of Gold/Anejo Rum in a cocktail that calls for rum

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

People routinely drive through the center at my Costco but we only have 2 pumps per lane, not 3, and the center lane is rather wide.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Comfortador posted:

Its been a helluva lot more than 10 cents

Here in South Texas it's about 12 cents cheaper. Only reason why I fill up there is that it's on the way to work so I can fill up on my way in to work before there's any crowds.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

My wife had her first Costco dog this weekend and loved it.

What she didn't love was the amount of Halloween going from 2 last weekend to 0 this weekend and being replaced by Christmas stuff.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

En-route back to Costco to buy another gigantic dog bed for the crate upstairs. Thank god they are cheap

Dwarfed our Australian-Red Heeler mix

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Is that...is that just ketchup?

The only time I ever put ketchup on a dog is if I have horseradish

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

The Walrus posted:

i have and regularly use a drip coffee maker, french press, aeropress, chemex, and espresso machine

all have their uses, get em all

I fresh grind my beans every morning in a conical burr grinder only to put them in a $40 drip coffee maker I got from Costco

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Ha, somehow I knew it was gonna be this stuff. I actually have a container of it in my spice rack and absolutely love it, but my wife finds it utterly revolting and I can't even use it around her. I figured it would be something polarizing like that.

My wife and I both love truffle but I'm definitely in the camp that a little goes a long way and the truffle flavor in that cheese is not balanced right at all. She loves it but I hate it

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

During the winter I essentially have the 32 degree shirts/pants on under my clothes at all times.

I just bought a pair of the 32 Degrees woven pants for the office through their site for $18. Couldn't find any at my Co but now I can wear three 32 degree items on at once.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

jeeves posted:

Yeah killed in COVID along with the $5 huge chicken salad that was honestly a great lunch.

I buy the ~$8 chicken salad for a family that's back in the deli area and split it into two lunches.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm gonna steal this good idea since there's a Costco less than 10 minutes from my work, thanks.

It even comes with 2 different packets of dressing like they expect you to do it

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Any goons have experience with the rope lights that are on sale? - https://www.costco.com/led-color-changing-18-ft.-rope-light-with-remote.product.100672951.html

We had a rope light on our back fence that has been there for almost a decade before it failed.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Best party dip:

Combine packet Lipton onion soup mix with one container sour cream. Bowl of fritos.

You are welcome.

Alternative use for onion soup mix; mix it into your ground beef (70/30) and use it to make burgers

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

pentyne posted:

Wall

TV Mount

TV

TV was a Samsung 43in.

:dogstare:

Jesus Christ. I'm newish to TV mounts (one brick and one single stud) and thats just...loving hell

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

The pro move is to get the citi Costco card. It gives another 2% back on most Costco stuff and you'll get 4% on gas. I actually get a bigger refund from my credit card rewards than my Costco rewards.

This is my first year with the Citi Costco card, is the refund a check or is it voucher like the Executive reward?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

The food court may as well just be the $1.50 hotdog and drink (with refill) because that's all I get from it anymore.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Why the hell doesn't my local Co have "dumb" kitchen trashcans? They have 2 in the store and they're both battery powered/smart. What's so hard about having a regular step can in stock?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

death cob for cutie posted:

finally broke into the Kirkland-branded oat milk I got. idk if it's just because it's different from what I normally get but this tastes... weird

If you're used to drinking Oatly, that makes sense. They use canola oil as the thickener and Kirkland uses sunflower oil which right away is going to a different flavor and texture.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

El Padrino posted:

Went to church today and can confirm: church at the rear end-end of Texas does carry Jongga Kimchi (the one with two Gs)

PBUC

...rear end end of Texas...is this the Pharr Costco? :stare:

Sup RGV

And yeah, Jongga confirmed there, which is a godsend considering how much this location misses out on thread finds.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Any one sleeping on the Novafoam ComfortGrande 14" that Costco sells? Wife and I are looking for a new King mattress that won't break the bank (baby on the way) and are about to pull the trigger

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

binge crotching posted:

In the same boat, bought one 3 nights ago. It's listed as medium to firm, but the top couple of inches are extremely soft. It was purchased to replace my wife's old sleep number that I hated and finally died, and it's been worth every penny.

It's relatively heavy to carry by yourself, so if you can get someone that isn't pregnant to help you I would recommend it.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the King size yesterday, $579 online but only $479 in store. Was able to get it out of the SUV and onto the box spring with a hand truck and some clever positioning by myself thankfully.

1st nights sleep (not 100% expanded) was good but slept a little warm and the lazy afternoon nap today was perfect. No regrets

Edit: one con that's an issue for my wife is the lack of edge support, there's no reinforced bolster to just sit on the edge of the mattress

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 26, 2023

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Wayne Knight posted:

I need to get some new winix filters. The corsi cube thing is cool and very functional but I don't want a cube of hvac filters in my living room.

Also: gonna eat dinner at costco tonight

If you've got any wood working knowledge, build an end table with vents that can house the Corsi cube, form AND function.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

This is the only April Fools' Day post that got me yesterday and then immediately broke my heart

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Is it just my dishwasher or are the Kirkland UltraShine Packs absolute garbage? I've never had issues with any other Kirkland product but compared the Cascade brand ones, some of the dishes come out dirty and almost all of them have a film or deposit on them.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Renegret posted:

I've used them for a short time. I didn't have any problems but I hate pods so once I used them up I never got them again.

There could be a few causes for your problems. First thing I would do is clean the catch at the bottom of the tub, then run a dishwasher cleaner. A dirty dishwasher leaves dirty dishes. Also make sure you're using a rinse aid.

The problem with pods is that you don't get any detergent for the prewash cycle which is where the bulk of the dirt comes off of. You only need a little because it's a short cycle so two pods is overkill and a waste of money but none doesn't work very well.

We clean our dishwasher monthly and always clean the catch/filter when we do and do use a rinse aid. When running it, we also get the water nice and hot from the tap before starting. Honestly just going to return the pack and go back to Cascade since they always worked.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Oh that's lame. Costco really cutting back on some of what makes them great.

Might go infiltrate a Sam's Club tomorrow to see what their food court looks like.

Sam's Club food court is absolute garbage tier.

The only time I use our Sam's Club membership, is when my local Costco doesn't have the item or the item they sell is inferior/absurdly priced

Note: my Costco doesn't get half the good stuff that's posted in this thread and it makes my heart weep

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Goddamn the Lemon Blueberry Loaf is good

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Will Costco exchange diapers for another size? My coworkers threw a pamper party for me and there were a lot of Kirkland Size 1 boxes (Last count, I've got 1200+ size 1 diapers).

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Marklar posted:

Fyi some people are reporting getting a $50 off $500+ purchase coupon from Costco via email. Check your emails. Sadly I didn’t get one.

Got one, expires July 13th.

quote:

*$50 Promo Code Terms & Conditions
Only valid on Costco.com. Not valid in the warehouse. One coupon code per Costco member. Ineligible purchases include: new Costco memberships, Costco membership renewals, gift of membership, Costco Shop cards, custom installation services, Same-day grocery delivery, and online-digital print orders. Not valid for orders at the online Pharmacy, Costco Travel, Costco NEXT or Costco Business Delivery. The merchandise total in your cart must equal $500 or more before tax and shipping to receive the $50 OFF. The coupon code must be entered in the promo code box at checkout to be valid. This offer may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. Offer expires 7/13/2023.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Marklar posted:

Yeah for real.

Apparently Costco is going crazy over people borrowing membership cards and using self-checkout. People on FB/Reddit have been experiencing the same. I

Yeah it's ridiculous from Reddit

quote:

Anyway, Im a busy mom (pregnant with my second) I always bring my toddler and go biweekly to get in and out fast and mind my business. I like to use self checkout because I like to move fast. This particular trip today I brought my mother in law who is visiting for a few weeks from out of the country and doesn't speak any English. She has never even seen a costco so it was all interesting for her.
She was kind enough to push my carriage for me so as we approach the self checkout I show the employee my card with photo and proceed to a register. She actually physically got in front of my mother in law and the carriage and demanded her costco card. My MIL cannot speak English and had no idea what was going on. I said "she's with me." And she proceeded to say she needed a card. I told her it's all of my stuff, she's my MIL and not even from here, and she moved aside and said "you can only use 1 card for this order."
Mind you while she is questioning me for literally nothing I am doing wrong, several people walked right on by without getting their cards checked lol.
So really defeated the purpose there Costco. I was so frazzled by the entire encounter and accusation that I could barely check myself out appropriately, but I got ahold of myself and got out of there. Now I think I'I never use self checkout again.

Also they really need to work on self check out. Last week I stopped by for some stuff for work and was told by the lady checking memberships about how I can now use the scan gun myself without staff.

This week all scan guns were gone.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

I know Costco is behind the times with it's e-Commerce and technology uptake but seeing this advertisement while getting gas this morning just stood out to me

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

wheres the mustard

It pains me to agree with the steak mangler but yeah. I'm good with ketchup on a dog but mustard is a necessity

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Replace the catsup with dill relish and you're onto something there.

Mustard, sweet relish, ketchup, and horseradish

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Also how is someone 6 foot 4 but only 135 pounds

Goon's are either morbidly obese from doing nothing but gaming and eating or malnourished husks who do nothing but game and skip eating

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

LionYeti posted:

Anyone sleep on that Novaform Comfort Grande mattress from Church? My Casper is causing me mild shoulder pain.

We have a King and it's comfortable enough, only complaint is there is next to zero edge support. If you're like me and you sit on the edge of the bed to do anything like put shoes and socks on, you'll find yourself slipping a bit and working to stay on the bed

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

I've heard Samsung appliances are absolute garbage now from friends, family, and I think this thread.

How is LG? We're starting to look for a new washer and dryer and wanted to take advantage of the Labor Day sales at Costco

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

david_a posted:

IIRC Consumer Reports tell you to avoid both Samsung & LG because they tend to break a lot

Shredder posted:

I started digging during one of the appliance sales, the consensus was to stick with the traditional brands for appliances, maytag, GE, whirlpool etc.

Samsung seems to suck across the board, especially the fridges, LG seemed hit or miss depending on the model but I don't need loving wifi on my dryer or a camera in the fridge

Looks like Consumer Reports rates the LG Washer/Dryer that Costco has on sale relatively highly for it's price range (looking to spent below $1500 for the pair)

https://www.costco.com/lg-4.5-cu.-f...4000151166.html

Edit: nvm Costco's terrible website strikes again. On the search results listing the washer/dryer pair shows in stock and available for delivery for my zip code but going to the actual product page shows it Out of Stock

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 25, 2023

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

When is Chicken Pot Pie coming back? What about Sheppards Pie? Christmas stuff is up, pumpkin pie is back. Bring out the savory pies already!

My 'Co has never had chicken pot pie :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

In the oven right now, not done yet

It got seared this time right? You...you seared it after...right?