Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Don't kiss your sister, Son...
When is the executive membership worth it? I feel like you're paying ahead of time for a very small return later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Finally tried the cookie. Wish I hadn't, because that's an every time buy now. I love a gooey, warm cookie. Shoot, I should go get another.

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Paul Proteus posted:

I bought a TV 2 years and 2 months ago and just signed myself on the warranty website after it died. No issues waiting to set it up. Made the claim - let's see if it's a pain!

I had to do this with a 3 year old LG OLED that started to die (a band of discoloration developed at the top). I forgot the warranty existed until I went to look at my old email from where I ordered it. I think ordering online helped streamline it since they sent a corresponding email directly from SquareTrade when I bought it saying I was already registered.

The claim was quite simple. There was some back and forth where I had to send pictures and a video of the TV, but in 3-4 days they cut me a check for the price of the latest LG OLED model and said keep the dying TV. They have some options where they send you a TV directly which confused me, but it's not mandatory. So now the old one is in the bedroom until the problem gets bad enough to dump it, and a brand new TV is in the living room.

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Paul Proteus posted:

They approved my claim with some photos in a couple of days, like you said, but offered a new replacement. The TVs are trash tier LEDs at 1/3 the cost of my original. Seems their MO is to low ball then you have to fight it. Now they said an expert would "manually" find a better replacement. I have to approve or deny that once received. I just want the refund so likely need to keep fighting.

I got the email offering a replacement as well, and was very mad so I called them up. However, my experience was when I called they immediately just offered the cash instead of the replacement before I could even explain OLED vs LCD like I was all hyped to do.

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

TrashMammal posted:

they got that hawaiian sun on tap or is it still pepsico’s most basic rear end offerings?

I'm sure Kauai is the same as here in Oahu, in which case just the boring rear end Pepsi offerings.

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

That parking lot looks fine to me because it's huge. In Hawaii, our problem is there just aren't enough spaces. I'd gladly park all the way at Bob's Furniture and just walk. At the Waipio Costco on Oahu, cars are regularly parked in the aisles not designated parking spaces.

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

I turned off my auto-renewal the other day, and on my way in stopped by to get my water bottle. It was super quick and I needed a water bottle anyway.

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

I couldn't find those Churro Turtle Chips at my local Costco so I went to Sam's where I could check if it was in stock in the app. As a die hard Costco fan, sometimes it's hard to admit Sam's has its advantages. Also less crowded.

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

SA Forums Poster posted:

I'm taking a vacation in an African country, trying to check online prices for laptops and I get this:

For shame Costco, denying your glory to billions of people!

I see this all the time when I try to go to their site while logged into my work's VPN. They must block lots of traffic they feel could be used to attack them, like VPNs which would route a whole lot of people through a few known IP addresses or entire countries that don't have the ability to purchase from them because there's little incentive not to just add them to the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Got the Kirkland roast turkey deli meat and threw it out after one sandwich. It was super dry, impossible to portion without shredding, and had some sort of taste I really didn't like. At first it seemed okay, like a sort of "authentic Thanksgiving turkey" taste but it just doesn't go away and stayed in my mouth. Back to expensive Boar's Head for me.