Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Moktaro posted:

QPR are...good?

Beale was always the brains behind Gerrard’s time at Rangers.

The relative fortunes of Rangers, Gerrard and QPR at the moment aren’t an accident. It’s a clean sweep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lmao just kidding i'm not watching League 1 football

Nobody should really be watching Andy Carroll anyway.

Or Reading.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Lifelong Wednesday fan here.

My boy decided he wanted to play his own game with his Under 10’s team tonight instead of going tonight. Played out of his skin as well but didn’t expect Wednesday to do likewise after that first leg. What a ridiculous game. Never seen anything like it.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The thing with the discourse around Luton’s ground is that match going fans love it. Dog poo poo grounds are the best. I’m glad Luton have gone up now because the Premier League has already been robbed of Griffin Park in favour of Brentford moving into the worlds most boring stadium.

Off to Wembley tomorrow to see if Wednesday consign that miracle second leg to a pointless history.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Troy Queef posted:

the way Bannan's played this year I think he'll pretty much win promotion for you guys all by himself.

good luck and have fun.

Bannan seems truly, genuinely committed to this “put it right” mission he’s on with the club in a way that’s.. pretty rare in football these days. Regardless what happens I’m expecting him to put in a big shift, and he’s difficult to live with in League One (or The Championship) when he puts those performances in. Barnsley is never, ever an easy game for us though.

And thanks!

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

pik_d posted:

drat, all of Sheffield got promoted. I wonder how often that happens that two [City name] clubs both get promoted.

There’s never been a full division gap between the two in my life and frankly I’m just loving delighted that continues to be the case.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Tell you what, there can’t be many clubs in world football that have had a 4-6 weeks like Wednesday have;

- First club in history to get 96 points and not go up automatic
- Lost first leg 4-0
- Win second leg 5-1 and win on pens
- Win final in 123rd minute
- Manager leaves by “mutual consent” the week the fixtures are out

Never know anything like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Moktaro posted:

Now I kinda wish they hadn't won the final, just for all the 96 Tears bantz. :v:

What on Earth is “96 Tears bantz”?