Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Tree Dude posted:

$150,000,000 holy poo poo. That feels like a big swing but I hope they get it.

lol Jones' lawyer seeking a mistrial for reasons I didn't hear because they were going to break. Good effort.

Lmao they might as well ask for a bad court thingy. They already pissed off the judge by objecting within the first ten seconds of the opening statement.

Also mute those mics guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

it's impossible to overstate how incompetent jones' lawyers are. spectacular idiots. I could do better

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I missed a chunk of Mark's opener but it seemed like he did a great job.

Gonna laugh if Jones' attorney takes 5 minutes or so and that's it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

alex jones supporters who might be inspired to act on his behalf surely understand the difference between civil and criminal trials

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol Alex Jones is going to be a lot more shaking his head in negation of the things he clearly did

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Digital Jedi posted:

the odds are extremely high this will be the case

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

it's impossible to overstate how incompetent jones' lawyers are. spectacular idiots. I could do better

Do you think he cheaped out or no legit lawyer wanted to take his money

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Zil posted:

His followers might.

Yes absolutely. Like sure this isn't a criminal racketeering trial, so I get the rules, but I really wish they didn't show the jury.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
There was a good your pretty face is going to hell episode that had an alex jones facsimile who had a big fan in hell, like one of Satan's employees/tortured souls, and the guy stopped respecting Satan because Alex Jones said that Satan was gay lovers with Obama.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Digital Jedi posted:

I missed a chunk of Mark's opener but it seemed like he did a great job.

Just stands up, says "1st Amendment", and sits back down.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

His followers might.

his followers are complete dumbfucks liable to blow their own dicks off with fireworks while attempting to kill the wrong person entirely

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

haljordan posted:

It's an interesting question - I would think that no legit lawyer would want to deal with him but who knows!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I think I heard on stream that Alex Jones is holding a press conference

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Piell posted:

I think I heard on stream that Alex Jones is holding a press conference

yeah I heard that too lmao

Bold strategy!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

haljordan posted:

He ran through about 3-4 different legal teams over the course of this whole thing. Not even the true believer lawyers lasted. No one with an actual reputation to stake was gonna risk tying themselves to this case

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

haljordan posted:

nobody wants to take his case, he's already been dunked well into the get hosed zone

this same judge already passed a default judgement on him, which is basically being declared guilty because you spent too much time loving around and annoying the court. now this trial is the 'sentencing' more or less in front of a judge who already dislikes jones for being a bad faith shithead

you'd have to be an idiot, an ideologue, or desperate as hell to represent alex jones at this stage of the trial process while he is claiming to be so broke and also well along the path to getting even broker

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
If there are any livestreams of Jones’ press conference (if there is one) im ok with it being posted though I’d HIGHLY PREFER it not be via a source that benefits him (ie infowars, prison planet or the like)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7siWJ86g40

Here's a video from a few years ago when he had to be deposed for this trial. Initially the lawyers for the Sandy Hook parents were not going to release it because its considered court documents or filings or whatever, but since Jones constantly talked about the trail on his show they said gently caress it and released it to the world.

If you have the time they walk through every step of the conspiracy while asking him to explain himself. Its great watching him squirm and stammer non-answers.

I'm pretty sure at one point he claims he has no idea what he is going to say on his show and someone just hands him a piece of paper that Jones never wrote or saw and Jones just reads whatever is on it, therefore he can't be sued since he is just an innocent talking head. Dude literally tried the Ron Burgundy defense during a depostition.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KitConstantine posted:

He ran through about 3-4 different legal teams over the course of this whole thing. Not even the true believer lawyers lasted. No one with an actual reputation to stake was gonna risk tying themselves to this case

the kinda case you take right before retirement for one last big paycheck when your rep doesn't matter anymore

also the judge getting antsy at everyone standing properly lol

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

haljordan posted:

He's using his usual stable of lawyers, who are all themselves criminals trying to grift alex

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

how do you even find someone with such a punchable face and haircut

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Judge is yelling at Alex Jones for filming outside the courtroom where the jury might be able to hear

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

haljordan posted:

To give you an idea of the kind of lawyers he's down to at this point his previous lawyer recently posted a video of him doing stand up where he pulled down his pants and said the N word. They've been churning through lawyers constantly as new lawyers come in and learn from the previous exactly how hosed Alex is and that there's basically no possible defense

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Judge is already furious lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lmfao mistrial off the fuckin bat

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

:munch:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

alex jones as far as i can tell has pretty much nothing to lose from flagrantly violating all of the judge's requests so, she's in for a lovely trial i think

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

haljordan posted:

Judge is already furious lmao

yeah this judge already laid a default judgement against jones in the previous trial which is basically the legal equivalent of "im sick of your poo poo, you're guilty, we move immediately to the penalty phase" because jones kept delaying with really blatant bad faith stalling tactics and refusing to cooperate with the court

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

That DICK! posted:

alex jones as far as i can tell has pretty much nothing to lose from flagrantly violating all of the judge's requests so, she's in for a lovely trial i think

Pretty much yeah. He's already guilty, they're just deciding how much money he owes. And he's a crazy person who can't control himself

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
It would be entertaining if he just went full Denver Fenton Allen and asked for a court order to get his dick sucked. He won't. Because he's not cool, he's just annoying.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

honestly a judge being annoyed for a few weeks and alex jones losing $150m is a win/win

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

lmao at that big stupid loving sign

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Oh my god she is so mad lmao

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Alex's defense seems to be entirely based on giant posters that are immediately dismissed

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

he's been doing nothing but this for years now and basically the judge keeps pressing skip > skip > skip till she gets to the part where she can nail his rear end with penalties

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Alex's lawyers wanted to put on a big posterboard claiming that Alex Jones only did 27 hours of coverage on Sandy Hook and that was barely any coverage at all, and the judge threw that it because it wasn't true. The actual true thing was that Alex Jones only provided 27 hours of tape on Sandy Hook and ignored a bunch of discovery requests

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
imagine going through law school and wracking up all that debt and then taking Alex Jones as a client lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

imagine going through law school and wracking up all that debt and then taking Alex Jones as a client lol

Imagine going to law school lol

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Piell posted:

Alex's lawyers wanted to put on a big posterboard claiming that Alex Jones only did 27 hours of coverage on Sandy Hook and that was barely any coverage at all, and the judge threw that it because it wasn't true. The actual true thing was that Alex Jones only provided 27 hours of tape on Sandy Hook and ignored a bunch of discovery requests

jfc that's what that was about? if I was that judge I'd throw my gavel right through that stupid poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Seth Pecksniff posted:

C's get degrees.