Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ReutersLegal/status/1764979168964653406

quote:

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Christopher Lopez in Houston, Texas, said on Friday that he would convene an emergency hearing on March 11 to consider a request by Ray Battaglia, who has been lead bankruptcy counsel for Infowars' parent company Free Speech Systems since 2022 after Battaglia said his relationship with the company's chief restructuring officer, Patrick Magill is "fundamentally broken."

Magill, who is in charge of day-to-day operations at FSS, has withheld Battaglia's legal fees for January and February as "blatant retaliation" for a Jan. 25 disagreement about whether or not FSS should pursue litigation over a legal claim, Battaglia said in a Feb. 29 court filing. Battaglia did not describe the legal claim, but he said that pursuing it would be "ill advised."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

So is the restructuring officer a true believer or what

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think the restructuring officer is a role that's generally "this is the person who represents the company while we sort through bankruptcy" and not the person the court appointed to manage the bankruptcy. Since it's a top-level person from infowars I assume they're gonna be a true believer.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Well, Habba's looking for work I hear.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Karma Comedian posted:

So is the restructuring officer a true believer or what

No. Battaglia was FSS’ lawyer pre-bankruptcy and worked for Jones. He didn’t want to be the bankruptcy lawyer but was forced to stay on the case because the other crooks Jones hired were just a little too blatant with how crooked they were.

Battaglia has an always will be a Jones lawyer. McGill is an independent party and probably pissed off Battaglia because he’s trying to get money out of Jones and his family.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Artum posted:

Moneys still on ogden getting that.

I dunno, I think a big bag of Buc-ees gummi worms is enough to distract Bill.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

No. Battaglia was FSS’ lawyer pre-bankruptcy and worked for Jones. He didn’t want to be the bankruptcy lawyer but was forced to stay on the case because the other crooks Jones hired were just a little too blatant with how crooked they were.

Battaglia has an always will be a Jones lawyer. McGill is an independent party and probably pissed off Battaglia because he’s trying to get money out of Jones and his family.

Isn’t bankruptcy one of the most specialized areas of law? I’m surprised their GC was running point on that.

Actually, no I’m not.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Borscht posted:

Isn’t bankruptcy one of the most specialized areas of law? I’m surprised their GC was running point on that.

Actually, no I’m not.

He wasn’t on purpose. He got stuck because the lawyers they wanted to hire got caught being shady. He’s been asking to get out forever and the judge hasn’t let him.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Trailer for the hbo show just dropped

https://youtu.be/rnLmKoHPGm0?si=IzR4rrJNI8VPhBRQ

Looks lovely and extremely depressing but I bet it’ll be entertaining if you scrub through to the good bits

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Borscht posted:

Trailer for the hbo show just dropped

https://youtu.be/rnLmKoHPGm0?si=IzR4rrJNI8VPhBRQ

Looks lovely and extremely depressing but I bet it’ll be entertaining if you scrub through to the good bits

I dunno, Mark Bankston said he saw an early release and gave it his approval. I'm optimistic.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Comments seem 60% kf fans 40% AJ nutcases

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://x.com/RealAlexJones/status/1768001305568579704

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Anything for a dollar, eh Alex?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

He’s a man who proudly loves giving rusty trombones

I respect that

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

"Do not put in the newspapers that i am asking for twerking videos"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is that a promise? Cause it's nice to find someone who is mutual and consensual about these kinds of things.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
The HBO documentary is out.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I'm 15 minutes into the doc and it's one of the hardest things I've watched in a long time. Have to watch it in bite-sized pieces or I get overwhelmed.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I'm watching the documentary right now

Alex Jones is a real piece of poo poo.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I'm 15 minutes into the doc and it's one of the hardest things I've watched in a long time. Have to watch it in bite-sized pieces or I get overwhelmed.

Seconding this. It's a hard watch. I just came up for air feeling like I'd just spent an hour watching the Sandy Hook recap and the interviews with the parents but it's been 10 minutes.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The first 200ish episodes of Knowledge Fight are the hosts arguing whether Alex honestly believes the things he says versus does Alex recognize that he is a conman first and a propagandist second. Or, as they put it, Stupid v Evil. They quietly drop the argument after it becomes apparent that Alex breaks the scale.

The people in his orbit? Not so much. Everyone he surrounds himself with, be they sources or employees, is much more identifiable as a true believer or a fellow conman. The conmen are universally pathetic. The true believers are universally terrifying. My jaw dropped when the lady said "exhuming the body of a child is no big deal because I listen to a lot of true crime". Just an utter and complete lack of empathy.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The Knowledge Fight ep where Alex & co were responding to the Club Q shooting was honestly ...
I think I felt existentially unwell after that one, had to take a little breaky for sure.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Froghammer posted:

The people in his orbit? Not so much. Everyone he surrounds himself with, be they sources or employees, is much more identifiable as a true believer or a fellow conman. The conmen are universally pathetic. The true believers are universally terrifying. My jaw dropped when the lady said "exhuming the body of a child is no big deal because I listen to a lot of true crime". Just an utter and complete lack of empathy.

I got the distinct vibe with that woman that she didn't believe or care what she said. She is a sadist that gets off on it. Maybe I imagined it because I hate her so much but there's a little knowing smile when she's saying that tipped it off to me.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Assuming Brittany Paz is the subject of conversation, yeah, she was the corporate representative, that's the job of a corporate representative.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

FFT posted:

Assuming Brittany Paz is the subject of conversation, yeah, she was the corporate representative, that's the job of a corporate representative.

Nah, there’s an absolutely batshit woman on the HBO documentary who denies that sandy hook happened that Mr. Pozner communicated with. She told him that if he wanted to prove it really happened, he needed to exhume his son’s body.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
She helped write No One Died At Sandy Hook apparently, and had a dialogue with Lenny Pozner via email over the course of six months. The documentary points out that, similar to QAnon, there's no use arguing with these people because whatever proof you give them gives them further opportunity to bake. Exhume the body? How do I know it's your kid. Run a DNA test? Can't do it locally, obviously everyone in the town is in on it. Test came back saying it's your kid? Well, how do we know your kid died when you say he did, gonna have to do carbon dating to figure out of the corpse is as old as you say it is.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's like how doomsday cults get more popular after the predicted doomsday comes and goes.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Froghammer posted:

She helped write No One Died At Sandy Hook apparently, and had a dialogue with Lenny Pozner via email over the course of six months. The documentary points out that, similar to QAnon, there's no use arguing with these people because whatever proof you give them gives them further opportunity to bake. Exhume the body? How do I know it's your kid. Run a DNA test? Can't do it locally, obviously everyone in the town is in on it. Test came back saying it's your kid? Well, how do we know your kid died when you say he did, gonna have to do carbon dating to figure out of the corpse is as old as you say it is.

Perfect summation of their logic, will be cutting and pasting this in my "lost a friend to Infowars" group cope chat.

"oh, you don't engage with me any more? guess you're in on it too and I'm getting too close"

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Is a show a good thing? The Tiger King was a piece of poo poo but somehow became a beloved folk hero for being the whackadoo main character of a popular Netflix show. Hope that doesn't happen to Alex...

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Tiger King doc paid his scummy rear end for access so it's ethically challenged due to being compromised by it's pay to play subject.

HBO did not pay Alex

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I came away from the HBO doc hating Alex Jones much more than I already did so I don't think that's the angle they took

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Alex also believes that HBO was secretly pulling the strings in his Connecticut trial and that the documentary is part of a continuing globalist plot to silence him, so make of that what you will

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Is a show a good thing? The Tiger King was a piece of poo poo but somehow became a beloved folk hero for being the whackadoo main character of a popular Netflix show. Hope that doesn't happen to Alex...

My opinion is yes, I don't think most people really understand the reach he has across the alt right or even that sandy hook truthers were a thing. We treated Jones like some weird sideshow for years and our society is much worse cause of it. Treat him like the insidious piece of poo poo he is and expose his behavior and lies.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Already wondering if they'll have recreations with some guy playing Alex

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

StrangersInTheNight posted:

There's a moment in the doc where you don't see Alex's face and he's talking directly to the Sandy Hook parents.

He isn't speaking to a camera, he's subtitled because he's keeping his voice low. He's surrounded by his lawyers so he doesn't think he's being filmed. Alex says sorry for what he did, and it sounds like the only genuine moment of non-performative contrition he's ever had...until you realize that if he was able to finish his speech, he'd be trying to get them to cancel the suit last second, or to come on his show for more bullshit. He's pitching for them. He's begging. This human moment is still piece-of-poo poo Alex. You hate him even more.

Captain Hotbutt fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 28, 2024

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Tiger King was also released right at the start of lockdowns so the documentary was the right kind of batshit reality TV that people were kind of desperate for at that time. If it was released any other time I don't think it would have had the same popularity it did.

Also I don't really think he became that much of a folk hero outside of people just gawking at some crazy guy.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Froghammer posted:

Alex also believes that HBO was secretly pulling the strings in his Connecticut trial and that the documentary is part of a continuing globalist plot to silence him, so make of that what you will

Saying is also a really effective way to prevent anyone in his orbit from ever engaging with it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

B-Rock452 posted:

Tiger King was also released right at the start of lockdowns so the documentary was the right kind of batshit reality TV that people were kind of desperate for at that time. If it was released any other time I don't think it would have had the same popularity it did.

Also I don't really think he became that much of a folk hero outside of people just gawking at some crazy guy.

The amount of shade and lack of investigation (on their behalf) on Carol Baskin is an issue.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Froghammer posted:

I mean they did the same poo poo with emmet till when he got lynched. the defence said it wasnt his body and that the NAACP and some greedy mother were coming down to attack "southern tradition" also that if emmet was brutally tortured to death, he had it very much coming to him. shitheads like this never changed, they just got slightly less mainstream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Froghammer posted:

Well, how do we know your kid died when you say he did, gonna have to do carbon dating to figure out of the corpse is as old as you say it is.

The same exact people will then decry the accuracy of carbon dating when screeching about evolution or the age of the planet (I know that the age of the planet is measured with Uranium-Lead dating, but they don't.)

Everything that disproves the conspiracy is evidence of the conspiracy. These people are not worth the effort.