Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I hope Alex Jones is ruined for this (more than he's ruined his own life, I mean) and it scares off a lot of the more "mainstream" right-wing commentators from peddling their conspiracy bullshit.

It's honestly pretty scary how much Fox News now hints at stuff that was fringe conspiracy bullshit just a few years ago. A whole lotta grandmas are worried about secret FEMA camps in Wal-mart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Holy poo poo do they not know mics are on

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
lol
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1551963706518433795

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Revins posted:

jfc that's what that was about? if I was that judge I'd throw my gavel right through that stupid poo poo

jones' lawyers literally have nothing better to work with, he is clearly guilty as all get out

this kind of crap might work on a sympathetic judge trying to maintain high minded impartiality but after multiple years of this nonsense the judge put a default judgement on jones which is like the worst thing that can happen to you in a civil trial and you can really only get to this point by being a massive shithead flagrantly challenging the court to come at you

the same judge is the one in the court today and she is entirely 100% done with jones' bullshit

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Piell posted:

Alex's lawyers wanted to put on a big posterboard claiming that Alex Jones only did 27 hours of coverage on Sandy Hook and that was barely any coverage at all, and the judge threw that it because it wasn't true. The actual true thing was that Alex Jones only provided 27 hours of tape on Sandy Hook and ignored a bunch of discovery requests

27 hours seems like a lot of coverage. That's like 3 full length seasons of a syndicated half hour TV show, the combined runtime of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's phase 3 movies, two and a half runthroughs of Ken Burns's Civil War, or nearly a quarter of a Peter Jackson movie.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the holy poopacy posted:

27 hours seems like a lot of coverage. That's like 3 full length seasons of a syndicated half hour TV show, the combined runtime of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's phase 3 movies, two and a half runthroughs of Ken Burns's Civil War, or nearly a quarter of a Peter Jackson movie.

It's like 1000x more than fox news has committed to the J6 hearings

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
First words out of the defense's mouth on opening is namecalling plaintiff lawyer "Personal injury lawyer" jesus christ

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
hahaha oh my god jones's lawyer is scribbling on a white board when trying to make his point

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
you have absolutely nothing of substance you can possibly say you smarmy piece of poo poo - what the judge is thinking

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
He is honored. lmao

Edit: lmao Jones is cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lol jones hasnt moved an inch

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I'm not a lawyer, at all, but even I know that this opening statement is complete dogshit lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

drat. he heard me

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hell yeah Bankston giggling at the personal injury lawyer dig. Crush this piece of poo poo.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Teen Witch, you make the best threads, I'm so excited for this trial after getting weirdly into Knowledge Fight.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

HE WAS SUSPICIOUS

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I like how this guy thinks at this point any timelines or "facts" on their side matter at all. You already lost and I don't think this smarmy bullshit is going to make anyone less likely to make you pay.

I only wish I was on this jury so I could be laughing in the stands in person.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Please let this guy write out the DENNIS system

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's wild to me that they were able to find people in Texas who could be unbiased jurors WRT Info Wars. I guess not everyone is as terminally online as us, though.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Holy poo poo this is a disaster lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

its all nice on rice posted:

It's wild to me that they were able to find people in Texas who could be unbiased jurors WRT Info Wars. I guess not everyone is as terminally online as us, though.

Yeah it's called lying

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
how much poo poo can the prosecution get away with? when they're showing video evidence can they sneak in jones ranting about gay frogs, as a treat?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

how much poo poo can the prosecution get away with? when they're showing video evidence can they sneak in jones ranting about gay frogs, as a treat?

Anything shown in court has to be approved ahead of time

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Seems like Jones' lawyer is still trying to argue for innocence like this is the first part of the trial.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

haljordan posted:

Yeah it's called lying

Eh, I have coworkers who had no idea who Alex was until I had to explain my gay frog shirt. They definitely exist. I've just known about him for so long, it makes me do a double take when someone who doesn't comes along.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

its all nice on rice posted:

There might be people who just moved to Austin that don't know of Alex Jones. No way you could live there for more than 2 years without running into him or one of his idiots.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

haljordan posted:

Anything shown in court has to be approved ahead of time

dang guess they're going to have to be professional and just show the relevant stuff then. Laaame

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Laughing at the squeak of the marker writing

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

*marker comically squeaks for a couple sec*
MAIN

STREAM

MEDIA

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Revins posted:

how do you even find someone with such a punchable face and haircut

turn your monitor off :smug:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

turn your monitor off :smug:

GOD DANG IT!!

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
"We never said they didn't die, we just said it was a secret government spy op!"

Really sure this is the best defense to try?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Didn't Alex Jones in fact claim a bunch of times that nobody was actually killed

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Alex Jones NEVER said no children died at Sandy Hook (in 2012 or 2013)

Gee I wonder if anything happened after that, probably not

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

if anyone else like me can't watch because they have 'jobs' but can lurk twitter Jordan of Knowledge Fight is livetweeting
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1551968201897979904?s=20&t=EDbAvygltviNKS_D5WQLEA
If you don't listen to knowledge fight - Jordan is a very screamy man, so whatever amount of shrieking indignation you picture when reading add about 20% on the top to both rage and decibel level

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

haljordan posted:

Didn't Alex Jones in fact claim a bunch of times that nobody was actually killed

yes, this is where the term 'crisis actor' originated as far as I'm aware

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's TYOOL 2022. Can we get a digital whiteboard in here?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

haljordan posted:

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1551967932590088192?s=20&t=HusyfyTini7nlk8nfxFjzQ

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

haljordan posted:

The prosecution literally played a video of him saying it during their opening statement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

haljordan posted:

Frequently and up to very recently