Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Alex Jones to pay ou ultra$million dollars in damages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Not just him, but everyone working with and around him fails at being a decent person. The fat gently caress Jabba the Hutt looking bastard who kept going on about “WHY NO TRAUMA HELICOPTERS FOR THIS EMERGENCY” (because they’re all massacred you loving idiot)

That's Wolfgang Halbig. Besides what you see with him and Dan Bidondi going around Sandy Hook, Wolfgang also relentlessly harassed the parents in-person and with unhinged e-mails. With the former, he chased the family down to Florida and approached them. With the latter, his e-mails were gigantic walls of text accusing the school of being toxic waste dumps and taunting the parents & staff with really vile insults. He's a monster.

quote:

Edit: the dumbass lawyer who sends the text to the opposing lawyers team lol

This has been blamed on a legal assistant of the lawyer (Reynal). Here's a Legal Eagle video where he goes into detail specifically about how that type of procedure works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-QcbOphxYs.

Funny enough, Andino Reynal is a former Eric Holder DoJ guy, and Jones' fans now accuse him of being a plant from the Deep State sent to intentionally tank Jones' case.

quote:

The other idiot lawyer who is all “first they came for Alex Jones… :cry:

That's Norm Pattis. He's another piece of garbage. There's an episode of Knowledge Fight where Mark Bankston, the Plaintiff Attorney listens to Alex talking to Pattis after the cases and calls out Pattis' lying and possible accidental self-incrimination.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

There's a moment in the doc where you don't see Alex's face and he's talking directly to the Sandy Hook parents.

He isn't speaking to a camera, he's subtitled because he's keeping his voice low. He's surrounded by his lawyers so he doesn't think he's being filmed. Alex says sorry for what he did, and it sounds like the only genuine moment of non-performative contrition he's ever had...until you realize that if he was able to finish his speech, he'd be trying to get them to cancel the suit last second, or to come on his show for more bullshit. He's pitching for them. He's begging. This human moment is still piece-of-poo poo Alex. You hate him even more.

Yeah. Someone in the KF thread talked about how that seemed like typical abuser behavior to seem like the reasonable man, then shout at the lawyers for splitting them apart when he was just trying to be reasonable. Afterwards on his show, Alex claimed that Scarlet Lewis then came back to him, gave him a big hug, and said "You're right. I watched the clips. You never said those things and I realize like you said that I'm being controlled by these lawyers." He immediately got slapped with a C&D by the plaintiffs and their counsel.

I've seen people online say that they wish that Alex Jones would just go back to his Gay Frogs era, not realizing that he has always been a bigoted conman and a monstrous human being. KF did an episode from 2008 that showed that Alex targeted harassment at a specifically named poll worker during the Republican primary. He knows that he can get his viewers to do his dirty work for him.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Thorgot posted:

There's a new Alex Jones adjacent article in the NYT about Gottlieb and his defamation cases, especially the one they won against Giuliani.

I wasn't aware Alex apologized for Pizzagate and removed references on the site. How magnanimous of him.

He did the same with Chobani yogurt.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Bankston threw out a guess that Reynal didn't want to look the badguy by objecting, even though he agrees that Reynal should have objected.

Also, Reynal was something like the tenth lawyer to take on Jones' case. The only one that Ogden and Bankston expressed any respect for was named Drew or Doug or something like that.

I wish that they'd shown off Enoch being an absolute shithead during the depositions. I'd have chucked a stapler at his head had I been in the room.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Was talking about the case with a friend who also listens to KF, and I wasn't aware that a bunch of Sandy Hoaxers tried to sue Bankston:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KnowledgeFight/comments/16fa7ol/by_popular_demand_here_are_the_pleadings_from_the/

Reddit thread where he answers questions about it in the comment section. It didn't go well for the nutbags trying to sue him.

quote:

I contacted Mr. Bankston, whom I had never met and never even heard of, asking if he would talk to me. He responded, “Never contact me again, you weirdo, LOL.”

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR5fb-onlG0

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Alex is screeching about the Eclipse being used for a takeover. He keeps talking about the Oklahoma National Guard being mobilized for a State of Emergency, which is just the NG being deployed to handle expected traffic jams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

Oh, yeah, the eclipse. lol.

I am a water plant operator and work in a part of Kentucky that was in the path of totality of the 2017 eclipse. The state and federal governments were giving us similar warnings, but it was based on the large influx of people into a town or 3,000. My superintendent was convinced that the all the locals lodgings would fill up and everybody would just flush and shower within the same 3 hour period. The state's math had him convinced the standing tanks would run dry and the waste water plant would be overwhelmed in 48 hours.

Day of the eclipse, flow trends were normal at both drinking water and wastewater plants. Nobody got any lodgings or stayed more than a few hours. Bunch of out of state people drove in and then, using their GPS, lined all the highways and back roads like dumb fucks. Traffic was lovely until about dinner time and the cops had to run off people who thought they could set up tailgate parties in private yards.

The eclipse was cool, though. I had proper eye protection and it was super neat 2 minutes.

Once a year, Penn State has its Arts Festival that occupies a huge chunk of the downtown and campus areas, and every year, the sewers end up overflowing, and the water gets shut off to parts of the town. I worked as a cook and it was really frustrating, especially when the restaurants that never cleaned their grease traps ended up with a flood of the grossest smelling water all over the place.